• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Honey Badger out with torn ACL

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. Lots of banged up teams right now.

Its fair to say that this is the weakest competition the NFL has seen in awhile with Dalton banged up, the Seahawks are banged up, the Pats are banged up, Peyton is done, Romo didn't play and Murray got traded, Packers have been banged up, Detroit had a bad offseason, Niners had the worst offseason ever, etc.

All a team should need to win a Super Bowl this year is a franchise QB, at least one dependable WR/TE and a top 10 defense.

Arizona, Denver and Carolina were pretty unique in that they were the only teams that could cover everyone in the secondary*. I'm not fully sure Arizona is on that list anymore but the fact that the list is that small means that a team with Carson Palmer, a decent oline and 3 really good WRs is a huge threat to almost everyone. Heck even Fells is good in Arizona's offense and he is a journeyman.

*No one can cover Antonio Brown. Also, Seattle is probably in that mix, too

I dont anyone in the AFC could be taken serious outside of the Steelers and Pats......I almost want to take the Bengals serious now that Dalton is hurt, but they will still find a way to be a non factor....This is the worst I may have seen a conference in my lifetime....Its a shame a pretty good 10-6 or 11-5 Jets team will be left out, cause they have a defense and a history vs the Pats that says they could make a game of it......The Chiefs IMO will have a low ceiling as long as Alex Smith is the QB, no matter how hot they are right now......

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched both of the last 2 Pats games. And Brady was on the field in the closing minutes with big leads in both games. Does that mean that BB doesn't know how to "play for January"?

The Patriots are working through a lot of new players in the passing game right now. They need to get ready for the playoffs and figure out their best offensive football - lots of drops from their "#1" who's still not on the same page as Brady, rotating guys in the slot, best way to use white, new starter on the outside, completely new RBs, etc... Different situations.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots are working through a lot of new players in the passing game right now. They need to get ready for the playoffs and figure out their best offensive football - lots of drops from their "#1" who's still not on the same page as Brady, rotating guys in the slot, best way to use white, new starter on the outside, completely new RBs, etc... Different situations.

But they weren't passing the ball. They were running out the clock. All it takes is a bad pivot in a non contact play just like HB and TB goes down.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they weren't passing the ball. They were running out the clock. All it takes is a bad pivot in a non contact play just like HB and TB goes down.

You are lying in an effort to equate the two games. First off, they were passing because the game was only 11 point difference with 6 minutes left and on the last drive Brady was handing it off to a new guy. You want them to fumble at an important spot in the playoffs? Brady still needs live reps with all the new guys around him.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scratch harder and you might shake something back into place.

Leave in one of your most important players at a meaningless time of the game and watch him get hurt. Brilliant!

When I'm playing a video game, I mass-substitute-out my starters when I'm up big late in the game. You would figure that in a real football game, a coach would be just as careful.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are lying in an effort to equate the two games. First off, they were passing because the game was only 11 point difference with 6 minutes left and on the last drive Brady was handing it off to a new guy. You want them to fumble at an important spot in the playoffs? Brady still needs live reps with all the new guys around him.

They were up by 2 tds on their last meaningless drive with time dwindling with him still on the field. You really think that if he does down pats fan would just say "well, he had a new RB". And you can't explain away the Texans game either since they were up 3 scores almost the whole 4th quarter. By your standard for Arians, Brady should have been benched for the last 2 possibly 3 possessions of that game.

Last edited:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And what about Chandler Jones? He's probably just as important to the Pats defense as HB is to Zonas. What's he doing out in the final minute of games that are already over? Play for January right?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what about Chandler Jones? He's probably just as important to the Pats defense as HB is to Zonas. What's he doing out in the final minute of games that are already over? Play for January right?

Chandler Jones only played 37 snaps. Have an nice day. Your statements are not supported by the facts.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chandler Jones only played 37 snaps. Have an nice day. Your statements are not supported by the facts.

Ummm. Who cares how many snaps he played in the game?, when the game was over he was still on the field hitting people. That's a statement supported by fact.

You lack objectivity. Its all good.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prove it.

Easily. I can do that for both the titans and texans games.

Watch New England Patriots vs. Houston Texans [12/13/2015] - NFL.com

3-13-HOU 7(4:00) (Shotgun) 6-T.Yates pass short left to 41-J.Grimes to HOU 11 for 4 yards (91-J.Collins) [95-C.Jones]

Thats with a 21 point lead. Jamie Collins is also a pretty important piece wouldnt you say? Also notice Brady in there with 3 mins left running out the clock, this time to Bolden so sorry, no "new rb" excuse this time.

Watch Tennessee Titans vs. New England Patriots [12/20/2015] - NFL.com

And if you watch Collins int with 2:28 remaining in the link above you'll see Jones rushing on the right side.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally. Thank you.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally. Thank you.

You're welcome.

You could have looked it up yourself. I guess just saying "your statements aren't factual" is easier though.

So, would you say that BB was "playing for January" in those situations? Looks an awful lot like what Arians was doing.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're welcome.

You could have looked it up yourself. I guess just saying "your statements aren't factual" is easier though.

So, would you say that BB was "playing for January" in those situations? Looks an awful lot like what Arians was doing.

I know they've had a lot of injuries this year on both sides of the ball and probably need more reps together to perform their best in the playoffs.

I know 23 point leads with under 3 minutes left are more secure than having less of a lead with more time on the clock.

It looks the same when you ignore the differences. Sure.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know they've had a lot of injuries this year on both sides of the ball and probably need more reps together to perform their best in the playoffs.

I know 23 point leads with under 3 minutes left are more secure than having less of a lead with more time on the clock.

Oh yeah. That difference between 21 and 23 is HUGE :rolleyes2:.

I see you've moved from "it didn't happen" to "it was justified because (insert random bs here)". You can bring up semantics like what the score was. But the fact is that each of those games was in hand at those points and you know it. Period. That's a fact, whitewash at your own pleasure.

Last edited:

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Translation: It does fit my narrative so I'm going to call it "different" no matter how similar the situations are.