• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hey Packers Fans, I'm coming to your Cit-tay

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suds:I want to say thank you for all the suggestions and look forward to my visit. Hears to a good game, and I hope to see Rodgers play.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anduzzi's is walking distance from Lambeau...one block east on Holmgren Way, close to Stadium View and The Bar. I don't like going there on game days...gets way too crowded for my tastes, but all 3 are actually good places to go to otherwise.

Someone else said to get a burger at Krolls...I second that too. Awesome burgers there.

I loved Stadium View when I still lived in the area for game day. I also 2nd Krolls burgers.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or do y'all have any other suggestions?

On my last trip there my buddy and I hit a couple of strip clubs and I would have to say AVOID those. The ones we went to were lacking to say the least. Favre's Steak House is awesome! We mostly hung out at the bar inside the Road Star Inn across from Lambeau because that's where we stayed and didn't want to drive drunk.

alldaybaby55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not that I disliked Stadium View, I just really hate crowded bars. I'd rather watch at a place like Fuzzy's where there's a good crowd, but I can move without rubbing up against people constantly and I don't have to yell to BS with friends or the guy next to me. Maybe I just had a bad experience there.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On my last trip there my buddy and I hit a couple of strip clubs and I would have to say AVOID those. The ones we went to were lacking to say the least. Favre's Steak House is awesome! We mostly hung out at the bar inside the Road Star Inn across from Lambeau because that's where we stayed and didn't want to drive drunk.

Yeah, we aren't much interested in going to any strip clubs. I don't have a problem with them, but my wife does. That and we have decided that when we go out for the evening, we will take a cab. 20 Years ago, we wouldn't have even given thought to that notion, now its a plan.

Thanks for the review of Favre's. I think I'm more excited about seeing Lambea and the city than I am to watch the Steelers.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is one hell of an experience and you should have a blast. I recommend it for any football fan.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is one hell of an experience and you should have a blast. I recommend it for any football fan.

I kind of a history nerd and I can't think of a more storied stadium. The only thing that I can think of that would top a visit to Lambea would be to the HOF in Canton. The fact that its December and will be cold just adds to it. I'm from south Texas where frost means it was a COLD night so its gonna be cold to me. Y'all might not think so, but.your blood is thick as tooth paste. Who the hell wants to say they went to Lambeau when it was 80 degrees?

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the city isn't all that exciting. More so than some, not as much as others. But on football day? It's one of the best

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Droop, enjoy the trip. it sucks the HOF is closed but there is a ton to do in Wisconsin and the people are great. My wife and I went up 2 years ago and had a blast. Milwaukee isnt to far south and there is a lot to see there ie Harley museum, Miller brewery, and the likes. The railroad museum is good if you are in to that.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Head S to Chicago. GB might be cool on game day but there is not much going on the other 6 days, esp in winter.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one cares about Chicago. You guys haven't been relevant in decades.

LOL... The fuck?

List: America's Most-Visited Cities - Forbes

3rd most visited city in U.S.

And is barely shy of being number one. 45.8 million visitors per year to Orlando's 48 million. Which is quite impressive, considering tourists hardly ever visit during the November through March months due to the weather.

I always think it's hilarious how obsessed Wisconsin natives are with Illinois and Chicago. This is always something that has interested me over the years.

I like Wisconsin. Nice people, nice landscape, etc... However, I went to school for a year in college in Wisconsin. I couldn't believe the amount of people who would call me names like "flat-liner" or "FIB" (Fuckin' Illinois Bastard). Or, give me shit about Chicago.

They'd also ask me; "Dude, what do you guys call people from Wisconsin?" To which I'd reply; "Nothing. We don't even think about you". Which is the truth.

That's how you know we're better than you. You spend time not liking us, and we hardly acknowledge your existence outside of the Green Bay Packers.

That's how it works in all walks of life it seems. The guy or group playing second fiddle consumes themselves with disliking the top dog. It's kind of like how Seattle Seahawks fans are CONSUUUUMED with hating the 49ers and never STFU after they beat them. Do the Niners fans give a shit about the Hawks? No. They know they're better. They have 4 rings. They've had tons of success.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL... The fuck?

List: America's Most-Visited Cities - Forbes

3rd most visited city in U.S.

And is barely shy of being number one. 45.8 million visitors per year to Orlando's 48 million. Which is quite impressive, considering tourists hardly ever visit during the November through March months due to the weather.

I always think it's hilarious how obsessed Wisconsin natives are with Illinois and Chicago. This is always something that has interested me over the years.

I like Wisconsin. Nice people, nice landscape, etc... However, I went to school for a year in college in Wisconsin. I couldn't believe the amount of people who would call me names like "flat-liner" or "FIB" (Fuckin' Illinois Bastard). Or, give me shit about Chicago.

They'd also ask me; "Dude, what do you guys call people from Wisconsin?" To which I'd reply; "Nothing. We don't even think about you". Which is the truth.

That's how you know we're better than you. You spend time not liking us, and we hardly acknowledge your existence outside of the Green Bay Packers.

That's how it works in all walks of life it seems. The guy or group playing second fiddle consumes themselves with disliking the top dog. It's kind of like how Seattle Seahawks fans are CONSUUUUMED with hating the 49ers and never STFU after they beat them. Do the Niners fans give a shit about the Hawks? No. They know they're better. They have 4 rings. They've had tons of success.

Funny how you think Wisconsin people are obsessed with Chicago when you are typing this on a GREEN BAY forum. Bears fans are always on our boards. Far more than we are on the Chicago boards. We are talking sports. I don't know what the hell you are talking about.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers fans are hardly consumed with Bears fans.. Why should we be? Like previously mentioned the Bears haven't done jack shit in decades. Green Bay owns the NFC North. Hell when the Packers play in Soldier Field half the stadium is wearing cheese heads for crying out loud.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Head S to Chicago. GB might be cool on game day but there is not much going on the other 6 days, esp in winter.

Outside of the fact that I am a Steelers fan, there is another very important reason for my trip to Green Bay. If you would take the time to read the first post you can find that reason. No one said anything bad about Chicago and I would love to go to Soldier Field some day. I've already gone to Wrigley and Comisky and had a great time in Chicago. I just came to thise board to ask for some hints on things to do while on this specific trip and these people have given me some good tips. Thanks again Packers fans.

Oh, and to the poster that said people from Wisconsin were obsessed with Chicago and Illinois, who came to the Packers board to prove their obsession?

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and it's "flat-lander"

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and it's "flat-lander"

A little old lady called me that when I went to the peak at Mt. Evans in Colorado. Its at 14,262 feet. I was huffinf and puffing for air on the trek to the top from the end of the road. She looked at me and said "Flat-Lander". When I caught my breath, I just looked her and said "Yes, ma'am, guilty as charged". I didn't really look at it as an insult, just an observation.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and it's "flat-lander"

Agreed... where does "flat-liner" or whatever he said come from?

On our dorm floor there were 5-6 from Illinois of the 50+ guys ... we never called anyone of them FIB or Flat-lander, even when Kevin Butler made long field goal in the last seconds to beat the Packers (again) back in the late 80's.

Those terms were typically saved for those from Illinois that acted like pricks while in Wisconsin on weekends/vacation. Might speak to how you acted in college if were called that all the time.