• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hey Packers Fans, I'm coming to your Cit-tay

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm coming to Green Bay next weekend for the game against the Steelers. I'm not here to talk trash. Neither the Packers or Steelers are having the season we had hoped for. I would like some info on some places to go and do. I'll get there around noon on Friday so I'll have two nights on the town and all day on Saturday. Already plan on going to the Packer HOF. What else is there that I should have on the list to TRUELY experience Green Bay.

BTW, I'm a Steelers fan but will be going to the game wearing Packers gear. The trip is to honor a friend of mine that was a devoted Packers fan that passed away this summer. Its a long story, but I'll be wearing his Mark Chumura jersey to the game.

:suds::suds:

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are staying close to Lambeau, the Stadium Club and Fuzzy's are a couple nice places to go. Hope you have a good time. Football Sunday at Lambeau is an awesome time. The Best Western has a room from the "Packer Lady" with memorabilia, always nice to check out.

Chumura? that's a blast from the past....

PackMaster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
get a burger at krolls, its right by the stadium

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went this year for the Philly game and really enjoyed The Distillery.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm coming to Green Bay next weekend for the game against the Steelers. I'm not here to talk trash. Neither the Packers or Steelers are having the season we had hoped for. I would like some info on some places to go and do. I'll get there around noon on Friday so I'll have two nights on the town and all day on Saturday. Already plan on going to the Packer HOF. What else is there that I should have on the list to TRUELY experience Green Bay.

Hope you enjoy the weekend in Green Bay.... but sorry to say the Packers HOF was closed a month ago for renovations, it is being moved and will not open until late 2014 or 2015. That is probably the biggest must see after a game at Lambeau.

Other things to do...
- Stadium tour - cannot be done on gameday.
- Can visit City Stadium (look at it)... it is the field where Green Bay East High School plays their football games... is about 10-15 minutes from Lambeau on the east side of the river somewhat close to downtown. Does have a sign stating it is City Stadium and old football home of the Packers.

Other items unrelated to Packers>
- Railroad Museum if you like trains
- Heritage Hill if you like history... several old buildings of how village of Green Bay was like back in 1800's (Green Bay is oldest European settlement in Wisconsin).
- Bay Beach wildlife refuge... has several animals of the area and area to feed hoard of ducks and geese that winter in Green Bay
- NEW Zoo - small zoo north of city 15 minutes... unsure if open for winter.

FYI - nearly all visiting teams stay at the Radisson Hotel in Appleton which is 1/2 hour south of Green Bay... I would assume Steelers are staying there as well. Here is a link to their website.
Radisson Paper Valley Hotel in Appleton | Hotels in Appleton, WI

Packers fans are generally very good... you could make several friends and make a lot of good memories with the visit. But if you get drunk and become belligerent, you could find yourself in a fight like at all other stadiums.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chumura? that's a blast from the past....

Yeah, my late friend had just bought the jersey when the scandal broke. He was actually wearing it that night when he found out. I told him at least Chumura was with a good Catholic girl, instead of crack whores like Michael Irvin. That was the running joke after that. When he passed, and it was decided that the pallbearers would wear one of his jersies, I laid claim to it and his brother said he had already set it aside for me.

Thanks for the tips. Sucks to hear about the HOF. I was looking forward to that. We are staying down by the river near the train museum. I was told to go down by Lambeau on Saturday night. There are some bars to go hang out and meet Packers fans.

Taint,

I don't forsee any problems with being a drunken ass. I have no hate toward the Packers. Hell, I wasn't even real upset when y'all won that big game in Febuary a couple years ago. Think they gave you a trophy named after an old Green Bay coach. We went to a Steelers game in New Orleans and had no trouble at all. Well, there was one guy that was being a jerk and the other Saints fans were appologizing for him. Saints won and we congradulated them and shook hands. Even went out to Burbon St. with some of them after the game.

Now, if this was a game in Baltimore, Cleveland, Cincy, or Dallas......it might be a different story.

Oh, BTW, loved watching the Pack take down the cowboys. That was a cruel joke to let them build a lead and think they were going to win.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the vast majority of fans give and get shit just fine from other fans. Tailgaiting? Most will invite you in to their group for drinks and food, even with a different jersey on. There are always a few out there, but they're generally pretty easy to spot and unless you're looking for trouble, you just avoid them.

I haven't been out in GB for 20 years probably, so i'm no good on where the hot spots are. Now i live in Appleton and never go out anymore, so i'm no help. Have fun anyway, I was at that game where Greene knocked Favre so hard he spit up blood and was sitting in the endzone where Thigpen dropped that pass for a sure TD. I think that gave us our first division title in a while. Great game, 1995 maybe?

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure you will have a good trip. I did see your note on visiting the Packer Hall of Fame which is a place that should be visited by any fan of the game of football.

The thing is that the timing of your trip will not work with seeing the Hall of Fame. Part of the stadium is under renovation and the location of the Hall of Fame is being moved to a new location. They closed it down and it will not reopen into the new location until 2015. So it will be to bad you will not be able to see this.

Packers.com | Visit the Hall of Fame

The Packers Hall of Fame is now closed for ongoing Atrium renovations. The new Hall of Fame will open in 2015.

While the Packers Hall of Fame is closed, fans may still experience Packers history though stadium tours and other youth programs. Click here for tour times. Groups interested in booking Tours are asked to call 920-569-7512. Information on the other available programs can be seen by clicking on the lings above.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will probably try to take a tour of Lambeau on Saturday. It still blows my mind that I will be going to such a historic place. Will probably make a run through the parking lot and see the tailgaters. Hate being a mouche so might not get too involved with the tailgaters.

I think its definitely going be an experience regardless of who wins the game and Sunday will be bitter sweet with the circumstances.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
buy a case and walk thru with it. No mooching necessary :) people often share food for beer and a spot around a warm grill, which with the weather we've been having, would be nice

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
buy a case and walk thru with it. No mooching necessary :) people often share food for beer and a spot around a warm grill, which with the weather we've been having, would be nice

Sounds like a good plan to me. :suds:

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My friend was told to go check out Jimmy Seas and do the tailgate at Brett Favre's Steak house. I think we are looking at Jimmy Seas on Friday, Fuzzy's on Saturday night, and Favre's for are game? Would that make for a memorable time or do y'all have any other suggestions? Of course all the plans go out the window when we get started.

alldaybaby55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely go to Fuzzy's...my favorite place to go in Green Bay. Green Bay Distillery is a good place to go eat too. If you can get to Titletown Brewery, that's also excellent. They have the big Donald Driver statue (used to be I think Boyd Dowler until last spring) out front that's a must-see. I don't know how other people feel about Anduzzi's, but I like going there a lot, just not on game day. They usually have a band Saturday nights, and every time I've gone the bands have been good.

It's hard to go wrong when it comes to tailgating. I prefer doing my own grilling and stuff, but if that's not an option, you should be able to find some good hosts. Like someone said, a case of beer will do wonders for ya. :suds:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be prepared for one of the best tailgating atmospheres in the country. Hope you like brats!

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and was sitting in the endzone where Thigpen dropped that pass for a sure TD. I think that gave us our first division title in a while. Great game, 1995 maybe?

Yep... Christmas Eve 1995, I was at the game as well with brother and uncle. Drove to my grandma's house afterwards, took shower and went to Christmas Eve service afterwards and then opened presents at my grandmothers house that night as we always did.

Packers victory was just an early present :suds:

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had someone mention Anduzzi's. If I remember correctly they said it was by Lambeau and we may pop in or go there for lunch one of the days we are there.

Love brats. Cook them all the time. We don't get much selection down in Texas. Johnsonville is about all you can find. Not bad but looking for something better up in brat country.

Maybe I get a case of beer and a shirt that says "Official Brat Judge"

alldaybaby55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if you can find them in Green Bay, but Trigs makes some awesome damn brats. I thought I saw them in one of the grocery stores...Woodman's maybe?

Anduzzi's is walking distance from Lambeau...one block east on Holmgren Way, close to Stadium View and The Bar. I don't like going there on game days...gets way too crowded for my tastes, but all 3 are actually good places to go to otherwise.

Someone else said to get a burger at Krolls...I second that too. Awesome burgers there.

MajorPackersFan

Boycott CBS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't been out in GB for 20 years probably, so i'm no good on where the hot spots are. Now i live in Appleton and never go out anymore, so i'm no help. Have fun anyway, I was at that game where Greene knocked Favre so hard he spit up blood and was sitting in the endzone where Thigpen dropped that pass for a sure TD. I think that gave us our first division title in a while. Great game, 1995 maybe?

I was at that game too. I had the best ticket of my life for that game too. Right on the 50 yard line with my back to the press box. It was Christmas Eve in 1995. I got a picture of a really irritated Ron Wolf after that game. He was walking down the stairs when a friend pointed him out. We started yelling "RON!! RON!!" He turned around and looked up. Then a friend told me to get a picture of him. So we started yelling his name again. When he turned around again, I got the shot.

MajorPackersFan

Boycott CBS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
zhbRWTJ.jpg

Just found the picture of Ron.