• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

He's Healthy Now. It's Over.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno...seems like a very "Texass" thing to go "You only beat us when we suck."

I mean, as a Carolina fan (sort of), I can say that to hundreds of teams, thus negating decades of victories from the likes of Clemson, Georgia, Tennessee, Florida...even West Virginia.

But South Carolina did suck for a long time.

When Nebraska got back to being a bit better than average they got back to beating Missouri.

Losing to Pelini can't be good for a resume.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is, we have sucked so rarely that we really do have the right to say "you got lucky".

Nebraska is the winningest program in college football in the last 50+ years. You can look it up.

Well who wants to do that?

I can sit here and let you guys spout off how awesome it was back in Eisenhower's day to be a Husker fan without having to lift a finger.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can sit here and let you guys spout off how awesome it was back in the Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush 1 and Clinton days to be a Husker fan without having to lift a finger.

fify

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can sit here and let you guys spout off how awesome it was back in Eisenhower's day to be a Husker fan without having to lift a finger.

You were talking about how it was a very Texas thing to do, and my boy Oaky set you straight. Here's the coloring book version of just how lopsided the Nebraska Missouri "rivalry" has been:

thefuck.jpg

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But do you fellas get my point? When is a win over your team ever worth anything? It only counts when you're so fucking good that it's damn near impossible to beat you? And when you are beaten, it's discredited because you aren't "classic Nebraska?" Seems like a catch-22.

We beat you guys and Michigan in back-to-back years in bowl games. We weren't allowed to enjoy either of them because all we heard was how neither of you were nearly as good as you used to be (which is when we were sucking ass), or that your coaches aren't that good.

Two straight wins over two of the all-time winningest programs...couldn't you just tip your cap and say, "Okay, you got us good..." ??

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But do you fellas get my point? When is a win over your team ever worth anything? It only counts when you're so fucking good that it's damn near impossible to beat you? And when you are beaten, it's discredited because you aren't "classic Nebraska?" Seems like a catch-22.

We beat you guys and Michigan in back-to-back years in bowl games. We weren't allowed to enjoy either of them because all we heard was how neither of you were nearly as good as you used to be (which is when we were sucking ass), or that your coaches aren't that good.

Two straight wins over two of the all-time winningest programs...couldn't you just tip your cap and say, "Okay, you got us good..." ??

I wouldn't try to take anything away from you guys beating us. I don't know that you realize how BAD we were for a few years there. I don't think we've been bad the last few years, and I don't think our coach is bad either. Obviously I don't speak for all Nebraska fans, but in my book you're allowed to count that one :thumb:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fair enough. I actually gave Missouri props for beating Nebraska in 1978.

Fucking wrecked our shit and forced us into a rematch with Oklahoma in the Orange bowl, of which Nebraska lost.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dad took mom to her first game in 1978.

It was none other than that Missouri game :L

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is the perfect talking point, because it can be argued that neither Nebraska OR Michigan are going to be good again anytime soon.

I don't think there were any sour grapes from Nebraska fans over NU vs USC. That was an extremely competitive game and that's all you can ask for when two quality teams meet.

I hear what you're saying though. It's complicated. The argument that "college football is cyclical" is losing credibility.

If you really had to simplify the state of college football at this point, this is where we are at: Teams located in the southeastern part of the U.S. land better talent. The reason for this is that the majority of the "talent"'s family wants to see their kid play in person, but is not keen on paying to fly/drive up north every week to see their kid play in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Nebraska, or Wisconsin.

Then you have 17-18 year old kids who are scared of moving so far away from home. It's a problem even when they get here. It's often their first time away from home and gigantic grown men turn into 8 year olds who are at camp for their first time.

The B1G provides better education as a whole and the coaching and facilities are just as good if not better.

Basically it comes down to not being a fucking pussy and being willing to put distance between you and mommy to get a better education and play for a better school.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mom said it was like 0 degrees out.

Oh here we go...

First it's all "You never coulda beaten the 94 team!" and now it's "You've never experienced zero-degree cold till you've experienced Lincoln zero-degree cold!"

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh here we go...

First it's all "You never coulda beaten the 94 team!" and now it's "You've never experienced zero-degree cold till you've experienced Lincoln zero-degree cold!"

Woah woah woahhhhh there Spiderman.....

I wasn't making any excuses. I was just stating what my mom said. I have no idea if it was actually cold that day as I was sitting inside my pa's nutsack 7 years in the waiting.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the perfect talking point, because it can be argued that neither Nebraska OR Michigan are going to be good again anytime soon.

I don't think there were any sour grapes from Nebraska fans over NU vs USC. That was an extremely competitive game and that's all you can ask for when two quality teams meet.

I hear what you're saying though. It's complicated. The argument that "college football is cyclical" is losing credibility.

If you really had to simplify the state of college football at this point, this is where we are at: Teams located in the southeastern part of the U.S. land better talent. The reason for this is that the majority of the "talent"'s family wants to see their kid play in person, but is not keen on paying to fly/drive up north every week to see their kid play in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Nebraska, or Wisconsin.

Then you have 17-18 year old kids who are scared of moving so far away from home. It's a problem even when they get here. It's often their first time away from home and gigantic grown men turn into 8 year olds who are at camp for their first time.

The B1G provides better education as a whole and the coaching and facilities are just as good if not better.

Basically it comes down to not being a fucking pussy and being willing to put distance between you and mommy to get a better education and play for a better school.

I was thinking about this recently though. What was it that all the sports commentators and analysts said about college football back in the early '90s? All the speed is in the south. All the talent is in the south. All the good coaches are in the south. Back then, it was mainly the Florida schools (Florida, FSU, Miami) and then everyone else. Hell, even going into the Fiesta Bowl after the 95 season with what would eventually be recognized as arguably the greatest college football team ever, everyone thought Florida would beat the crap out of Nebraska. But what happened? A team from an ag state in the middle of the prairie went on a run like none other in college football.

Why do I say this? What are the analysts saying now? All the speed is in the south. All the talent is in the south. All the good coaches are in the south. Sound familiar?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woah woah woahhhhh there Spiderman.....

I wasn't making any excuses. I was just stating what my mom said. I have no idea if it was actually cold that day as I was sitting inside my pa's nutsack 7 years in the waiting.

tee hee hee!

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyways, Nebraska fer Champz.

Randy Gregory would be Pro Bowl Selection this year if he was in the NFL.

Ameer Abdullah is the Heisman Award winner......no matter who actually ends up winning it.

Nebraska won't lose a game.

Fuck off, all :evil:

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really bad for college football when there's such a god awful national media bias for one or two conferences. Blind propaganda doesn't help anyone.

This snowball effect that happens when a team or a conference has a bad week is the reason the BCS no longer exists. Now it just seems like it's gotten worse now that the media and coaches know they're not responsible for the end result.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really bad for college football when there's such a god awful national media bias for one or two conferences. Blind propaganda doesn't help anyone.

This snowball effect that happens when a team or a conference has a bad week is the reason the BCS no longer exists. Now it just seems like it's gotten worse now that the media and coaches know they're not responsible for the end result.

Meh. Nebraska doesn't deserve any respect right now.

Beat Miami and they'll have done what Louisville did, Beat Michigan St in E. Lansing and they'll have done more than Oregon did, Beat Wisconsin in Madison and they'll have done more than what LSU did. Beat Michigan or OSU in the CCG and they'll have done what Notre Dame and Va Tech did. (not to say Penn St will lose)

Just win and this will all take care of itself.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Brasky, to be honest. Not because Nebraska isn't getting respect.....I couldn't care less about that as long as we keep winning.

The real problem is there are WAY too many fucking College Football shows on ESPN now, and there are WAY too many fucking analysts. They run out of material to talk about every day so they have to start pimping teams in week 2 and 3 in order to create a story line.

In turn, people are too stupid in general to form their own opinions, so they just listen to what these dumbshits say on TV and then repeat it.

It spreads like a virus.