• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here's your guide throughout the 2017 CFB season!

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivalry Saturday recap (Part 1)

Just a quick update on today's events. First, Florida State keeps their bowl hopes alive by beating the Gators (Boo), while App. State stops Georgia State's little joy-ride in the Sun Belt. Louisville looked DAMN impressive in Lexington, and so did Georgia in Athens.

And how about those bowl-qualifying games? Purdue defeated Indiana for the first time in a few years to win a bowl berth. Duke upsets Wake Forest for a bowl berth, Middle Tennessee throttles Old Dominion for one, and Tulane gets screwed out of one in Dallas. UNLV, sadly, did NOT get a bowl berth thanks to in-state rival Nevada.

Ohio State vs. Michigan - Box Score - November 25, 2017 - ESPN And of course, there was this rivalry game. The shocker here was NOT the fact that Ohio State won it. No, it was the fact that Ohio State had NEVER came back from 2-TD's down against Michigan until today. Weird, right?

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivalry Saturday: Part 2

As of 7:20 P.M, it looks like Vanderbilt's gonna beat Tennessee and Temple's on it's way to a bowl. Meanwhile, Kansas State beats Iowa State on the very last play and my bold pick of Illinois blows up in my face.

Alabama vs. Auburn - Box Score - November 25, 2017 - ESPN And the Iron Bowl is now in the books. Is this the end of Alabama's national title hopes? ...Considering Jarrett Stidham went down for Auburn in this game, probably so.
Or maybe not! I mean, Wisconsin DOES have to play Ohio State next week...

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivalry Saturday: Part 2

As of 7:20 P.M, it looks like Vanderbilt's gonna beat Tennessee and Temple's on it's way to a bowl. Meanwhile, Kansas State beats Iowa State on the very last play and my bold pick of Illinois blows up in my face.

Alabama vs. Auburn - Box Score - November 25, 2017 - ESPN And the Iron Bowl is now in the books. Is this the end of Alabama's national title hopes? ...Considering Jarrett Stidham went down for Auburn in this game, probably so.
Or maybe not! I mean, Wisconsin DOES have to play Ohio State next week...

Ahem, Ohio State has to play us. Protocol, my friend, protocol.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Championship Week preview

Since nothing overly shocking happened during the nightcap, I think it's best to start looking ahead to what's coming next week: Utter chaos as conference championships get decided. Let's run down the card:

PAC-12: USC vs. Stanford (Well, thanks to Washington beating up Washington State, it looks like USC won't get it's desired rematch with the Cougars. Instead, they're getting a rematch with Stanford... who's in peak fighting shape after defeating Notre Dame.)
American: Memphis @ UCF (With Boise State falling by the waste-side, Central Florida will soon be in ANOTHER "winner-takes-all" game... this time with the quiet Memphis Tigers.)
Mountain West: Boise State vs. Fresno State (Wait... We're NOT going back to Fresno for this game? Are we trying for a neutral-site game, or what?)
MAC: Akron vs. Toledo (A straight-up in-state contest, where Toledo will try to get their first MAC title since 2004.)
Conference USA: North Texas @ Florida Atlantic (I'm not sure if America is ready yet for the sheer awesomeness that'll come with Lane Kiffin winning a conference title.)

And finally, there are the 4 games where playoff berths can be won or lost: Wisconsin out of the Big 10, Oklahoma out of the Big 12, Clemson out of the ACC, and Georgia (or maybe Auburn) out of the SEC.
Oh, and Alabama will get in if ANY of those first 3 teams loses. So, good luck!

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Championship Week Top 10

Man... Did you know that things were going to get bizarre come Championship Week? I mean, an old relic like Herm Edwards may become Arizona State's new football coach. And what about Boise State hosting Fresno State in the Mountain West title game... despite losing to Fresno State?! And lowly New Mexico State may become bowl eligible if they win Saturday against-
Wait, WHAT?! NEW MEXICO STATE could MAKE A BOWL GAME?! WOW! HOLY SHIT! That could be the GAME OF THE YEAR!! I GOTTA SEE THIS MIRACLE HAPPEN...IN PERSON! How much is a ticket to Las Cruces-
*slap!*

...Ow... Slight pause while I calm down.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Championship Week Top 10 (Take 2)

...Sorry about that; my dark side had to slap me back to my senses. But isn't it amazing? New Mexico State is able to take part in maybe the greatest Championship Week of all time.
Don't believe me? You will, as we dive head-first into...

The Top 10 Games of Championship Week 2017

(All times are Eastern)
10. Troy @ Arkansas State [7:30, ESPN2] (In the middle of this epic battle between 2 strong QB's [Brandon Slivers and Justice Hansen], we've got a BIG contest in the Sun Belt as Troy and Arkansas State will fight for at least a share of the conference crown. And if Appalachian State gets upset by UL-Lafayette earlier in the day, this game in Jonesboro will be "winner-take-all".)

9. Akron vs. Toledo {MAC Championship Game from Detroit, MI} [12:00, ESPN] (Huh... After over 15 years playing on a Friday, the MAC title game is moved to Saturday. Sounds a little strange... maybe the PAC-12 had something to do with this.
Anyway, this is Akron's 2nd appearance in the MAC title game, and guess how it went? Yep, they stunned Northern Illinois for the MAC crown, and they're hoping that lightning strikes twice. Problem is, Toledo already defeated the Zips earlier in the year, and THEY'RE jonesing for a MAC title as well.)

8. Fresno State @ Boise State {Mountain West Championship Game} [7:45, ESPN] (With UCF winning last Friday and Memphis NOT losing last Saturday, Boise State lost their chance for the "New Year's Six" last week. And the disappointment showed as they lost to a resurgent Fresno State squad.
Now the only thing Boise State is playing for here is a conference title... and sweet revenge against an old rival that has been born again.)

7. North Texas @ Florida Atlantic {Conference USA Championship Game} [12:00, ESPN2] (By virtue of their 31-10 win over UNT on October 21st, Florida Atlantic is hosting the C-USA title game as Lane Kiffin will try to get his redemption. But don't think North Texas will be cannon fodder; they're looking for their first conference crown since 2004, and QB Mason Fine may just be the guy to give it to them.)

6. Memphis @ UCF {AAC Championship Game} [12:00, ABC] (All right, time to get serious. Spots in the "New Year's Six" are going to be decided this weekend! And a crazy Saturday begins here in the American, who are now assured of one of the "New Year's Six" spots.
The only question left is, which one will it be? A true success story like Central Florida and Scott Frost, or a quiet Memphis team who's eager to fulfill a preseason goal?)

5. Stanford vs. USC {PAC-12 Championship Game from Santa Clara, CA} [8:00 tomorrow, ESPN] (Yes, USC did fulfill their preseason promise of making the PAC-12 title game. But instead of a chance at revenge against Washington State, they're getting a surging Stanford squad who not only has revenge on their minds, but also a QB [K.J Costello] who's getting better by the minute. Not an ideal situation to be in if you're a USC fan.
But look on the bright side! Levi's Stadium should be sold-out for this great looking PAC-12 title match!)

4. TCU vs. Oklahoma {Big 12 Championship Game from Arlington, TX} [12:00, FOX] (Yesterday on "Speak For Yourself" on FS1, I heard Colin, Jason, and a couple of other guys talking about "Is Alabama still a lock for the 4-team playoff?" My answer to that is... No, Alabama is NOT a lock. At least not yet... they're waiting for at least one of the teams above them to lose.
Like Oklahoma, for example. For the 2nd time this season, the Sooners has to deal with TCU and their improved defense [and Kenny Hill]. But Baker Mayfield has been batting away skeptics like me all season long.)

T-2. Miami vs. Clemson {ACC Championship Game from Charlotte, NC} [8:00, ABC] (I wanted to lump the SEC, Big-10, and ACC title games into one big #1 entry, as they ALL have Top-10 teams fighting for survival in a crowded playoff race. But then the playoff committee decided to put Auburn #2 in their latest poll, and there went that plan.
But remember: Had Miami won against Pitt, that wouldn't have happened. But the Hurricanes can't grieve forever, or else they'll lose their shot at their first conference title since 2003. As for Clemson, just know that the defending national champions has to defend their throne right here and right now.)

T-2. Ohio State vs. Wisconsin {Big 10 Championship Game from Indianapolis, IN} [8:00, FOX] (At the same time the ACC decides their champion, the Big 10 will decide theirs. And in Indy, Wisconsin has one more chance to prove that they REALLY ARE the best in their conference. If the Badgers shock Ohio State, it'll be ultimate redemption for the kids from Madison as they join the 4-team playoff.
But if Ohio State wins, Alabama fans will be running naked throughout the campus as Wisconsin's playoff dreams die. So, you know, no pressure.)

1. Georgia vs. Auburn {SEC Championship Game from Atlanta, GA} [4:00, CBS] (For teams like Wisconsin and Miami, it's "Win and you MAY get in the playoff". But in Atlanta, it's "Win and you WILL get in the playoff". And THAT'S why the game in Atlanta is #1.
Either Auburn proves why they deserved that #2 playoff ranking, or Georgia gets revenge and leapfrogs it's way into [maybe] the Sugar Bowl. It'll be great theater either way.)

Coming up next is the moment we've all been waiting for: Championship predictions!

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Championship Week predictions

I haven't really checked my W-L record for Rivalry Week yet, but considering I went with Alabama for the Iron Bowl, I don't think I did too good.

Now, will I surprise you with my picks for this weekend? Let's see:

Top 25:
(7)Miami 21 vs. (1)Clemson 34
(6)Georgia 27
vs. (2)Auburn 21
(11)TCU 25 vs. (3)Oklahoma 44
(10)Ohio State 30
vs. (4)Wisconsin 21
(12)Stanford 35 vs. (10)USC 28
(20)Memphis 38 @ (14)UCF 35
(25)Fresno State 24 @ Boise State 27

Other big games:
Toledo 41
vs. Akron 21
Troy 31 @ Arkansas State 28
North Texas 28 @ Florida Atlantic 35
UL-Lafayette 17 @ Appalachian State 31

...And I'm done! If any else weird happens with the coaching searches, I'll let you guys know. Otherwise, enjoy the utter lunacy that will soon erupt.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN's Andrea Adelson has just tweeted "Here in Tallahassee for FSU's make-up game and... not much enthusiasm. Lots are pretty much empty with 3 1/2 hours before kickoff." You know, Andrea...

Sources: Fisher's Texas A&M deal richest ever ...maybe THIS story has something to do with the lack of pep at FSU.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Championship Week recap

What's up? This is the dark side of Dolgevillefootballfan. D'ville's still not fully awake yet, so I decided to recap today's action for him.

We saw that defense DOES win championships when UCF's showed up just in time to beat Memphis in the American, that Toledo and Florida Atlantic should play each other in a bowl, and that stupid New Mexico State may FINALLY be learning a thing or two.

But what I'm REALLY here for is to see if D'ville's national title pick (Alabama) is frozen out of the playoff! Let me check...

Big 12: Oklahoma over TCU (We got it...)
SEC: Georgia over Auburn (We GOT it...)
ACC: Clemson over Miami (We GOT IT......)

Ohio State vs. Wisconsin - Game Summary - December 2, 2017 - ESPN (ARRRRGGGHHHH!!!)

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ACC Good, Bad, and Ugly

I've decided to bring back a segment that I did a couple of years ago, in order to recap the regular season. It's time for "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" in the ACC in 2017!

The Good:
Clemson:
No more Deshawn Watson. Players leaving on defense. And none of that mattered to Dabo; all offseason he was like "Move on, let's keep plugging away". Did ANYBODY have the Tigers at #1 entering bowl season?
Lamar Jackson: Despite a few early miscues, Mr. Jackson continued to put up amazing numbers so that he can fulfill his goal: Getting back to New York for the Heisman ceremony. He won't win it, of course, but it's still impressive.
Miami and the "Turnover Chains": In the end, Miami's title run was just a little ride. But it WAS fun to see it go down: They beat Florida State for the first time since 2009, undressed Notre Dame, and made walking around with chains on cool again.

The Bad:
Syracuse after the Clemson game
: So... the Orange got their first win over a Top-2 team since 1984! And they did it by... selling their souls to the devil (Syracuse didn't win a game for the rest of the year after stunning Clemson)?! And NOT by fixing their defense?
Come on, Dino! You're better than that!

The Ugly:
Florida State during September and October:
Yes, I know about Hurricane Irma and how it played havoc with the state. But the fact that FSU needed to reschedule a game with UL-Monroe just to make a bowl game is indicative of how rough it really got for this football team this year.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big 10 Good, Bad, and Ugly

It's time for "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" in the Big 10 in 2017!

The Good:
Penn State's Trace McSorley:
Most everyone was talking about J.T Barrett all year long, while McSorley was quietly having a great year. 3,228 yards, 26 TD's, and a spot in the Fiesta Bowl awaiting him. Most QB's will take that any day.
Wisconsin: Yes, they fell short in their quest for the CFP, but you can't fault the Badgers for trying though. I mean, entering December there were only 2 unbeaten teams: UCF and the Badgers (led by Jonathan Taylor).
Northwestern: Typical Wildcats. When we expect them to win [like in 2016], they don't. And when we dismiss them [like in 2017], they surprise.

The Bad:
Michigan's QB play:
OMG! Michigan finished 8-4! ...Which wasn't a surprise to me, considering that the Wolverines had a very young team.
What WAS a surprise, though, was the fact that "QB Whisperer" Jim Harbaugh had QB issues all season long. No wonder Michigan fans are so anxious entering the 2018 season!
Nebraska: Hmmm... A 4-8 record, no wins against ranked teams, a defense that gave up over 36 points a game... Yeah, I can see why Nebraska wanted to make a change after this season.

The Ugly:
Illinois:
The Illini actually started off 2-0 this season! Then they lost 47-23 to USF, and it was all downhill from there.
The Ohio State vs. Iowa game: Yep, EVERYTHING from this game was ugly. How the Buckeyes lost (their worst Big 10 loss in 23 years), the fact Iowa stumbled afterwards to lose to Purdue, how it costed Ohio State a playoff berth... The whole thing's just bad news.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big 12 Good, Bad, and Ugly

Army vs. Navy - Game Summary - December 9, 2017 - ESPN

Man! I expected Army to be good in 2017, but I didn't expect THIS: 9 wins and their first "CIC" trophy since 1996.
And speaking of good, it's time for "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" of the Big 12 in 2017!

The Good:
TCU's defense:
Huh... I guess fixing that defense of theirs was all TCU needed to reverse their forturnes, as they made the Big 12 title game.
Iowa State: Yes, the Cyclones finished 7-5. But dammit, it was SUCH a fun ride to see Iowa State stun teams like Oklahoma and TCU this year!
Oklahoma and Baker Mayfield: Look. I knew that Oklahoma and Mayfield would be good this year, I just thought that Baker wouldn't compete for the Heisman. Considering that Oklahoma's in the playoff and Baker grabbed the Heisman last night, I guess that school's now making a living of proving me wrong.
@outofyourmind: "So keep picking against us! I want the Sooners to win the whole thing, so don't jinx us now!"

The Bad:
Texas
: So Tom Herman comes in with all this SportsHoopla, and he inherits a defense with 10 starters back and Texas STILL went 6-6 this season? :pound: Sorry, it's... it's just funny for some reason.

The Ugly:
Baylor
: Oh! So Baylor DID get hit hard for that whole "women-abusing" scandal! Potential recruits ran for the hills, the defense stunk it up, and Baylor went 1-11. :heh: Karma.
Kansas: This, however, is not funny; Kansas continuing to struggle as they went 1-11 too. Come on, Jayhawks! Win at least 4 games next year! Make it interesting.