• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here's your guide throughout the 2017 CFB season!

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is gonna be one weird year in college football. "How do I know", you ask?

Well, how can Michigan be ranked higher than Auburn or Louisville in the AP preseason poll? Or that Syracuse got more than 1 vote in the coaches's preseason poll? Or the fact that Texas is even ranked at all?
And maybe most importantly, how can we have 5 FBS games on August 26th, yet the season doesn't official start until next Thursday?

Hopefully throughout the 2017 season, we'll get the answers to all these questions. Or maybe we'll just all freak out on this thread when Alabama loses. Either way, it's gonna be a fun ride!
(By the way, my first countdown segment is in 2 days...)

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, how can Michigan be ranked higher than Auburn or Louisville in the AP preseason poll? Or that Syracuse got more than 1 vote in the coaches's preseason poll? Or the fact that Texas is even ranked at all?
And maybe most importantly, how can we have 5 FBS games on August 26th, yet the season doesn't official start until next Thursday?

Hopefully throughout the 2017 season, we'll get the answers to all these questions. Or maybe we'll just all freak out on this thread when Alabama loses. Either way, it's gonna be a fun ride!

The "Big 10 is back!" has been the laughable early season theme for awhile now. :lol: Of course, UF could cure that early....if they don't shit the bed against UM, again.

Hoopla Cash
$ 385,552.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, countdown to what?

Isn't there a countdown thread already?

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 1 Top 10 Countdown (Part 1: Early games)

Uh, countdown to what?
Isn't there a countdown thread already?

Maybe, but I've been doing my own countdowns for the past 3 seasons. And today, I'm starting them up all over again for the 2017 season!

And since ESPN is insisting on it, I'll be lumping Saturday's games and the early games from next week and call that a countdown (There's a LOT of good games on Labor Day Weekend, in case you haven't noticed.) So with that, let's see...

The Top 10 Games of Week 1 (Part 1: 8/26 through 9/1)

(All times are Eastern)
10. USF @ San Jose State [Saturday 7:30, CBS Sports Network] (San Jose State should be so lucky. Their stadium should be mostly full for this rare occasion: San Jose hosting a ranked opponent. Oh, and it's Charlie Strong's debut as South Florida coach, too.)

9. Stanford vs. Rice {from Sydney, Australia} [Saturday 10:00, ESPN] (I wanted to go with Boston College @ Northern Illinois at #9, but then those Australians who are curious about college football changed my mind. And just know this: I don't think Stanford's gonna cover that 30.5 point spread in Allianz Stadium.)

8. Tulsa @ Oklahoma State [August 31st, 7:30, FOX Sports 1] (Had Tulsa still had Dana Evans on their roster, this game would have been a LOT higher on the list. Instead, OK State may treat this like a in-state flexer where they'll look to beat a 17-point spread. And if you Big 12 fans are stiff miffed about not putting Mason Rudolph on my Heisman watch-list, let's see how Mason will respond here.)

7. Hawaii @ UMass [Saturday 6:00, Eleven Sports Network] (In case you don't know what Eleven Sports is, it's a satellite TV network based in the UK. :( Well, I have cable, so I guess I won't be seeing this game. And it's a shame; it should be a good one between the hopeful Minutemen and a potentially sleepy Hawaii squad.)

6. Navy @ Florida Atlantic [September 1st, 8:00, ESPNU] (If only because it's the grand debut of Lane Kiffin as Florida Atlantic head coach.)

5. Washington @ Rutgers [September 1st, 8:00, FOX Sports 1] (Look, Rutgers. I know the 2016 season was hard, but cheer up! If you can somehow get your passing game going here, you might have a chance to surprise a LOT of people! ...I just don't know if that'll be enough for you to win this opener.)

4. Florida International @ UCF [August 31st, 6:00, CBS Sports Network] (Not only because it's Butch Jones's debut at FIU's new head coach, but also because it's one of those in-state rivalries. And I LOVE in-state rivalries!)

3. Colorado vs. Colorado State {from Denver, CO} [September 1st, 8:00, PAC-12 Network] (One positive thing about my cable package, though, is that with a few more pennies I can get channels like the PAC-12 Network [which I finally got around to doing this summer].
Now on to the Colorado Buffaloes. In front of a fired-up crowd in Denver, the Buffaloes coaching staff will get their first real look at their new-look defense. As for Colorado State...)

2. Oregon State @ Colorado State [Saturday 2:00, CBS Sports Network] (...I guess it'll all depend on what happens when the Rams debut their new stadium. If Colorado State stops Ryan Nall and christens their new home with a win, it'll be quite a scene in Fort Collins.)

1. Ohio State @ Indiana [August 31st, 8:00, ESPN] (Considering how Ohio State's season ended last January, don't be surprised if J.T Barrett and the Buckeyes go wild here. But Indiana's defense doesn't look too bad, so if the Hoosiers are within a TD of Ohio State entering the 4th quarter, don't be surprised either.)

Honorable mentions for the Top 10: Utah State @ Wisconsin, UL-Monroe @ Memphis, Buffalo @ Minnesota, and Boston College @ Northern Illinois.

And you know what else I've been doing for the last 3 seasons? Predictions! And my first batch of those will be ready tomorrow...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, how can Michigan be ranked higher than Auburn or Louisville in the AP preseason poll?

Two words. Jim Harbaugh. That's why. He's simply the greatest CFB ever that has yet to beat his main rival, win his division, win his conference or win a Natty.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's opening day for the 2017 College Football season! Today, the following games (in NAIA) are scheduled:

24-Aug-17 Pikeville xx Campbellsville xx
24-Aug-17 Warner U. xx Cumberlands KY xx
24-Aug-17 Dakota Wesleyan xx Dakota St xx
24-Aug-17 Rocky Mountain xx Dickinson St xx
24-Aug-17 Evangel xx Grand View xx

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two words. Jim Harbaugh. That's why. He's simply the greatest CFB ever that has yet to beat his main rival, win his division, win his conference or win a Natty.
Amazing.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you describing Nick Saban in his first 7 seasons as a head coach or Jim Harbaugh? :suds:

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So....this post is our guide?

You really stick your neck out.

Here's your guide:
MOTHERFOKIN SHOKK N AWWWW BISHES
SOONER NATION B OWNING U BISHES LIKE

THAT FAT KID WITH FIDGET SPINNERS OF
EVERY FUKKIN COLORZ UNDER THE RAINBOW
SHOKK N AWWWWW YOUR BRUISED TAINT
WILL BE WRITING SOME HATEFUL SHIT IN UR
DIARY WHEN WE STUMPBREAK UR MOMZ IN
THE FUCKKING STREETZ

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you describing Nick Saban in his first 7 seasons as a head coach or Jim Harbaugh? :suds:

I know some of you crazy meeeechegan fans want so badly for Jimmy Jam to be in the same coaching class as Saban, the best CFB coach in the country right now. Here's the major problem w/ even mentioning Harbaugh's name & Saban in the same sentence. Saban has a complete CFB coaching resume, he's already won everything a HC can (and has done so multiple times). It's bizarre that so many ann arbor fans refuse acknowledge that JH hasn't won anything.

Now why is every other CFB coach in the country judged by their career coaching resumes yet Jimmy Jam seemingly gets a free pass? And I'm not talking shit about him right now...simply stating facts.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
false Saban won his conference the first year he was a coach

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All these years, never knew I needed a guide.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here's the answer to your question about How there can be 5 games a week before the season is
officially set to begin?

Stanford and Rice is where it's at because the game is being played in Australia and the travel
will not affect them in other games.

The other 4 games...Involve at least one team schedule to play @Hawaii, and Hawaii, themselves.
Teams have always been allowed to play an extra game if they play @Hawaii. And Hawaii
has always had that option. The 14-week season, curtailed open dates. If your team was in
a League with a CG, and you wanted to play at Hawaii and take advantage of the 13th game
incentive, you would be force to play the entire season without an open date. Thus the
NCAA made a concession to teams by offering the extra weekend. It is offered, whether
the team plays a 13th game or not.

Teams that were eligible for the 13th game were Hawaii, Fresno St, San Jose St, San Diego St,
Colorado St, and BYU (FBS schools). Fresno St and San Diego St declined to play a week early
and will only play 12 games. Hawaii and Colorado St are playing a week early, but rejected
playing 13th game. San Jose and BYU are playing a week early and both will play 13
regular season games this year

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the answer to your question about How there can be 5 games a week before the season is
officially set to begin?

Stanford and Rice is where it's at because the game is being played in Australia and the travel
will not affect them in other games.

The other 4 games...Involve at least one team schedule to play @Hawaii, and Hawaii, themselves.
Teams have always been allowed to play an extra game if they play @Hawaii. And Hawaii
has always had that option. The 14-week season, curtailed open dates. If your team was in
a League with a CG, and you wanted to play at Hawaii and take advantage of the 13th game
incentive, you would be force to play the entire season without an open date. Thus the
NCAA made a concession to teams by offering the extra weekend. It is offered, whether
the team plays a 13th game or not.

Teams that were eligible for the 13th game were Hawaii, Fresno St, San Jose St, San Diego St,
Colorado St, and BYU (FBS schools). Fresno St and San Diego St declined to play a week early
and will only play 12 games. Hawaii and Colorado St are playing a week early, but rejected
playing 13th game. San Jose and BYU are playing a week early and both will play 13
regular season games this year
raw

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

what ever your huffing.. you need to put the bag down and chill.. :crazy:

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So....this post is our guide?

You really stick your neck out.

Here's your guide:
MOTHERFOKIN SHOKK N AWWWW BISHES