• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Have To Say ....

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never stated that the Giants bullpen was much better. It wouldn't be easy to keep Choate on the bench over Lopez this year, but I would do it. Same goes for Romo over League. In certain situations, I would roll Casilla out over Jansen or Affeldt. Thus, the Giants' pen is better. If you want me to put it in your terms, the Giants' pen is great and the Dodgers' is good. Or the Giants' pen is good and the Dodgers' pen is average. Either way, the Giants are better, which we agree on, apparently, now. Earlier in the thread, you said that they are equal, twice.

Yes. I'm a Giants fan, but to think that I'm incapable of evaluating players objectively by watching games and understanding statistical analysis is, again, shortsighted.

I fully expected a "Fuck Off" at the end of this post :)

:ss:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See the in-fighting you have caused, Filo...

You have completely ruined our peaceful oasis here...

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you guys hear that Penn State will no longer allow Neil Diamond's "Sweet Caroline" to be played at games? It has to do with the lyrics about touching. It seems unnecessary and a little ridiculous to do this, but I understand.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may have spoken too soon about the Dodgers' starting pitching. The mlbtraderumors site says that they are working hard to get a SP and that Mark Buerhle is a possibility. That would really suck for us. Buerhle signed a 4 year, 58 million dollar deal this past offseason.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Did you guys hear that Penn State will no longer allow Neil Diamond's "Sweet Caroline" to be played at games? It has to do with the lyrics about touching. It seems unnecessary and a little ridiculous to do this, but I understand.

But boys are still allowed in the showers, right?

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The ridiculous part is that they refuse to acknowledge that the decision might have been made based on the lyrics. It's the only song that has been eliminated, and they're attributing it to normal turnover. Plus, there are a lot of songs that are sexually suggestive, and as far as the ones that I've heard in stadiums, none of them are related to an adult inappropriately touching a child, and few of them are tamer than "Sweet Caroline." Sorry, Penn State board of directors, but the time to care about the potential implications of Jerry Sandusky's suspected actions was well over a decade ago. No amount of music changing can deflect from that truth.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may have spoken too soon about the Dodgers' starting pitching. The mlbtraderumors site says that they are working hard to get a SP and that Mark Buerhle is a possibility. That would really suck for us. Buerhle signed a 4 year, 58 million dollar deal this past offseason.

The Dodgers will now forever be linked to any sort of salary dump type move. That is a fact, and many of them may not be true. Dodgers already have 6 SP under contract to big salaries next year (Kershaw, Billingsly, Capiuano, Harang, Lilly, Beckett) and Buerhle's contract is severely back-loaded ($51MM of the $58 owed in the next 3 years, $39MM the last 2). It just doesn't fit.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ridiculous part is that they refuse to acknowledge that the decision might have been made based on the lyrics. It's the only song that has been eliminated, and they're attributing it to normal turnover. Plus, there are a lot of songs that are sexually suggestive, and as far as the ones that I've heard in stadiums, none of them are related to an adult inappropriately touching a child, and few of them are tamer than "Sweet Caroline." Sorry, Penn State board of directors, but the time to care about the potential implications of Jerry Sandusky's suspected actions was well over a decade ago. No amount of music changing can deflect from that truth.

It's a shame that they are canning a great song because of this. When I lived in Ohio, "Sweet Caroline" always got people dancing. Must be big in the Midwest.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers will now forever be linked to any sort of salary dump type move. That is a fact, and many of them may not be true. Dodgers already have 6 SP under contract to big salaries next year (Kershaw, Billingsly, Capiuano, Harang, Lilly, Beckett) and Buerhle's contract is severely back-loaded ($51MM of the $58 owed in the next 3 years, $39MM the last 2). It just doesn't fit.

I don't know. It just seems like they are willing to take on any contract in order to win this year. If they can get Buerhle, I think they will take him. Replacing Blanton with Buerhle is a huge upgrade.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope to God that you're right sfgrtb, it's already ridiculous, but if they get Buehrle too.....man. Not that I ever needed a reason to doubt my hatred for the Doggies, but this trade deadline/waiver wire just further entrenches them in the muck.

:yield:

STOP CLAIMING EVERYBODY ASSHOLES!!!

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Mark Buehrle's game. He's like an enhanced version of Kirk Rueter. Woody 2.0.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a shame that they are canning a great song because of this. When I lived in Ohio, "Sweet Caroline" always got people dancing. Must be big in the Midwest.

I'm more of a "Cracklin' Rosie" guy

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If your hedge fund shits out $100 bills every second, anything fits.