• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Have To Say ....

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Mark Buehrle's game. He's like an enhanced version of Kirk Rueter. Woody 2.0.

I've always liked his deliberately fast delivery. Gets the ball, throws it right away. Credits that to his success, keeps hitters off balance. And it means he sometimes gets a game in under 100 minutes.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. It just seems like they are willing to take on any contract in order to win this year. If they can get Buerhle, I think they will take him. Replacing Blanton with Buerhle is a huge upgrade.

If your hedge fund shits out $100 bills every second, anything fits.

But what does a team do with 7 veteran starting pitchers? 2 guys aren't going to be at all happy, can't wait around expecting an injury (even though I guarantee Lilly, Harangatang and Billingsly will all see DL time next year). Money aside, the move still doesn't make sense.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But what does a team do with 7 veteran starting pitchers? 2 guys aren't going to be at all happy, can't wait around expecting an injury (even though I guarantee Lilly, Harangatang and Billingsly will all see DL time next year). Money aside, the move still doesn't make sense.

You trade 2 of them next year and eat most of the salary. Where's that hedge fund dollar bill truck?

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ridiculous part is that they refuse to acknowledge that the decision might have been made based on the lyrics. It's the only song that has been eliminated, and they're attributing it to normal turnover. Plus, there are a lot of songs that are sexually suggestive, and as far as the ones that I've heard in stadiums, none of them are related to an adult inappropriately touching a child, and few of them are tamer than "Sweet Caroline." Sorry, Penn State board of directors, but the time to care about the potential implications of Jerry Sandusky's suspected actions was well over a decade ago. No amount of music changing can deflect from that truth.

I laugh every time I'm at a minor league game and "YMCA" is played and all the parents and their kids get so into the song. Talk about sexually charged content in a family environment ...

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I laugh every time I'm at a minor league game and "YMCA" is played and all the parents and their kids get so into the song. Talk about sexually charged content in a family environment ...

Exactly... and I'm sure that is nothing compared to the latest Rihanna or Lady Gaga single.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about "Who let the dogs out"?

A song about closing time at the bar where all the ugly chics are leaving at once...

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL

I grew up in the generally anti-gay, conservative Christian environment of Orange County and always felt the same way when I saw families dancing to YMCA at Angel games.

Another classic song that used to be played at sporting events: Semi-Charmed Life by Third Eye Blind. With that cute, catchy chorus, one would never know that your kid was dancing to a song about drug taking and sex.

She comes round and she goes down on me
And I make her smile, like a drug for you
Do ever what you wanna do, coming over you
Keep on smiling, what we go through
One stop to the rhythm that divides you
And I speak to you like the chorus to the verse
Chop another line like a coda with a curse
Come on like a freak show takes the stage
We give them the games we play, she said...
I want something else, to get me through this
Semi-charmed kinda life, baby, baby