• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hail to Ana....the giant killer!

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Serena self destructed. Its just refreshing to see that Ivanovic had the composure and brain to take advantage of it. Women tennis is devoid of any strategy post Graf -Hingis era. Its hit hard yell repeat or hit harder yell harder repeat, accompanied by the coaches yelling pointers from the stands. No one thinks on the court anymore.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Serena self destructed. Its just refreshing to see that Ivanovic had the composure and brain to take advantage of it. Women tennis is devoid of any strategy post Graf -Hingis era. Its hit hard yell repeat or hit harder yell harder repeat, accompanied by the coaches yelling pointers from the stands. No one thinks on the court anymore.

Is that you, Serena? I can't wait to hear her excuse. She certainly won't give credit to her opponent.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that you, Serena? I can't wait to hear her excuse. She certainly won't give credit to her opponent.

She does not give any excuse. The fact that she is so good creates its own rationale for even Ana Ivanovic to admit this is not the usual Serena she faces and that there is something fundamentally not correct here. The fact that the aces she normally makes deserted her and she could not find a rythm serving cupcakes and tons of unforced errors all uncharacteristic of Serena explains itself. Serena needs to make no excuses for a player who has never won a set from her in 8 meetings. Come on. Is that not the reason you claim the win is unbelievable?

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She does not give any excuse. The fact that she is so good creates its own rationale for even Ana Ivanovic to admit this is not the usual Serena she faces and that there is something fundamentally not correct here. The fact that the aces she normally makes deserted her and she could not find a rythm serving cupcakes and tons of unforced errors all uncharacteristic of Serena explains itself. Serena needs to make no excuses for a player who has never won a set from her in 8 meetings. Come on. Is that not the reason you claim the win is unbelievable?
I think a sizeable amount of Serena's winners came from the aces. The rest of her game especially movement was awful and she lost because of that.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sounds like excuses to me. I guess Brady can use your rationale to explain losing to water-head twice in Super Bowls.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like excuses to me. I guess Brady can use your rationale to explain losing to water-head twice in Super Bowls.

What excuse? The reason it is an upset is the same reason you are giving for something happening to her to allow Ana to win. What excuse did she give that you are so obsessed with?

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What excuse? The reason it is an upset is the same reason you are giving for something happening to her to allow Ana to win. What excuse did she give that you are so obsessed with?

Historically, Liberal, historically. She always and I mean ALWAYS, makes excuse for losing. Give credit and move on. You lost, it happens.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Historically, Liberal, historically. She always and I mean ALWAYS, makes excuse for losing. Give credit and move on. You lost, it happens.

Give specific examples historically. What did she say today to make you so obsessed with this excuse thing?

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame it on the media giving a chance to players to state their excuses in interviews.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame it on the media giving a chance to players to state their excuses in interviews.

What excuse has Serena given after losing to Ana? Please show the link or stop this. It is embarrassing.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serena should blame it on her lack of fitness which was the real reason why she lost. But that sounds bad so her coach is rationalizing with the back issue. Just get fitter for the FO otherwise more humiliation awaits.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it is her fitness. I remember her wining an AO a ways back when she was a total Moo cow. The linespeople were standing behind her for shade that's how big she was and she still won.

She is getting old and the aches and pains that come with that is enough to stop anyone on any given day especially in extreme weather.

It will only get worse with time. She will win less and less. Time catches up with everyone. Everyone!

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it is her fitness. I remember her wining an AO a ways back when she was a total Moo cow. The linespeople were standing behind her for shade that's how big she was and she still won.

She is getting old and the aches and pains that come with that is enough to stop anyone on any given day especially in extreme weather.

It will only get worse with time. She will win less and less. Time catches up with everyone. Everyone!
Aches and pains get worse with age, true. I think she couldn't handle the extreme weather with her weight, she has to lug it around on the court for every rally. It makes you tired faster than an in shape and much slimmer player like Ana who carries much less weight on the court

sportingly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aches and pains get worse with age, true. I think she couldn't handle the extreme weather with her weight, she has to lug it around on the court for every rally. It makes you tired faster than an in shape and much slimmer player like Ana who carries much less weight on the court
All of this doesn't make any sense when all of you know that Serena does not play like this unless there is something wrong with her. And, it was a tweaked back which she didn't mention. Her coach told it and she then admitted it. She did give credit to her opponent and didn't take anything away from Ana. It is not an excuse, it is facts. The truth is the truth plain as that. She is a great champion which will show you in the future if you don't know by now how great she really is. I believe in stating the truth no matter who it concerns.

Last edited by a moderator:

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of this doesn't make any sense when all of you know that Serena does play like this unless there is something wrong with her. And, it was a tweaked back which she didn't mention. Her coach told it and she then admitted it. She did give credit to her opponent and didn't take anything away from Ana. It is not an excuse, it is facts. The truth is the truth plain as that. She is a great champion which will show you in the future if you don't know by now how great she really is. I believe in stating the truth no matter who it concerns.

Excuses, excuses.

*Yawn*

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What excuse has Serena given after losing to Ana? Please show the link or stop this. It is embarrassing.

She blamed her back "after" the match. The story is everywhere.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
love ana

stars lined up for her to make it this deep in a major for the first time in a very long time

hope she makes the most of it

the fact that it took her 3 sets to beat a nearly immobile serena doesn't bode well for her, but if she managed to make the final or win it all, i'd be happy for her

honestly, the only player i wouldn't want to see win now is shriekapova.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the excuses are still flowing like the salmon of Capistrano.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
such a happy moment for serena haters/racists

anyhoo, it should be a fun final week on the women's side. i'd love to see a first time major winner.