• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gruden done with 1 year deals for Kirk.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way he believes he can win with Colt.

There is no way he believes Dalton can win here, in this situation.

Yeah you're probably right about both of these things, however, it is also possible that there's this other guy who knows his system who checks all of the boxes for him and the front office., in the event that Kirk actually leaves :D

1. He can definitely win a lot of games with......Check
2. He fits the salary that the FO is willing to pay for a QB.....Check
3. Contrary to belief, he fits Gruden's system better than Kirk does.....Check
4. Brings the same skillset that Kirk has.....Check
5. Will be a free agent in this off-season...Check
6. Is not a journeyman....Check
7. Has NFL and playoff experience...Check
8. Does NOT set the team back or into rebuild mode....Check
9. Has a greater up-side than Kirk....Check

.....AND like ole' Sty, won't be moved or bothered by dumb assed remarks about this!:D

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it was coach speak for, "hey Kirk, I stuck behind you, where is your loyalty to me"?

So Cousins saying he wants to be here is some how showing disloyalty to the Coach??

Again the spin some folks put on what is being said is very interesting.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it was coach speak for, "hey Kirk, I stuck behind you, where is your loyalty to me"?

giphy.gif

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah you're probably right about both of these things, however, it is also possible that there's this other guy who knows his system who checks all of the boxes for him and the front office., in the event that Kirk actually leaves :D

.....AND like ole' Sty, won't be moved or bothered by dumb assed remarks about this!:D
I'll say its again. No way Dan/Bruce settle for Dalton. IF they aren't sold on KC, they will definitely not like Dalton.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say its again. No way Dan/Bruce settle for Dalton. IF they aren't sold on KC, they will definitely not like Dalton.
Like Sty said, he fits ALL the check offs.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask yourselves, why Gruden chose to make this comment and make it now? If you can come up with anything better than these two reasons, I would love to read them.

1. The organization has no intention to sign Kirk to a LTD or offer any anything close to what some have deemed "market value."

2. The organization is intent upon using a tag on Kirk again.

Now, it is my opinion that Gruden wants it settled, and has essentially made it clear that he is not comfortable with either of these scenarios. While everyone speculates on this, Dan and Bruce are observing reactions and wondering what's new about any of this?

Gruden's problem is, what is he going to do about it if they tag him again....quit?

I'm of the same mindset as you far as Gruden making his opinion known about KC's situation. Whatever I may think of Gruden personally. I don't blame him for putting this out there. Its a bullshit way to have to coach knowing/thinking the guy playing the team's most important position is just a one year rental.

Far as the Skins tagging KC for another year being a problem for Gruden. I see where you're coming from and I agree, but I see that in a small picture way. Lets face it, for all intents and purposes. Gruden's days as Skins HC are numbered. He's not taking the Skins anywhere they haven't been in the last 25 years and 2 seasons from now or less, he'll be a part of the Redskins past.

In a big picture way this will end up as another reason why no one will ever win here on a consistent basis while Snyder owns this team (And before anyone posts it, fuck no, 9-7 and 8-7-1 is not consistent winning) There's only one reason why a coach would want to come to DC. To get their foot in the NFL door. That's it. Whatever door that may be, HC door, DC door, NFL door door.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Cousins saying he wants to be here is some how showing disloyalty to the Coach??

Again the spin some folks put on what is being said is very interesting.
Dude just made $44M in 2 seasons so he certainly has plenty of reasons to like DC? Look, offer Stafford money, if he refuses to sign the LTD, move on. Simple as that. It's really not as complicated as they and many fans make this out to be. If KC really wants to be in DC, he will sign a fair offer, not one that handicaps the team, otherwise we tag, get compensation, build our defense, plug in a real RB and a real #1 WR and find the next best Trent Dilfer (Colt McCoy) to take us to the promise land!

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And agree with those that say no way Gruden is thinking Andy Dalton can be the guy here. In 3 seasons Kirk has developed a skillset that has significantly surpassed Dalton's skillset.

For Dalton to win a SB. He needs an overall good team with a hellified aspect to it. Dominant OL, a shutdown defense, a great RB or great RBBC. And everything would need to go right for him as well.

Kirk on the otherhand, at least imo, just needs a competent team that will that won't step on its own dick when given the chance. Just a good solid team with players who can be depended on to do their job.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude just made $44M in 2 seasons so he certainly has plenty of reasons to like DC? Look, offer Stafford money, if he refuses to sign the LTD, move on. Simple as that. It's really not as complicated as they and many fans make this out to be. If KC really wants to be in DC, he will sign a fair offer, not one that handicaps the team, otherwise we tag, get compensation, build our defense, plug in a real RB and a real #1 WR and find the next best Trent Dilfer (Colt McCoy) to take us to the promise land!
I agree. Extend an offer immediately that he should sign. Put the onus on him to respond. If he balks at such an offer, prepare to move on. IF that means tag and trade, do it. But prepare for him not to be here. Until this is settled, you really can't prepare for the rest of the off season with any certainty.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So WHAT?? He made $44M because Dan and Bruce bet against him TWICE and lost. Now to show what a good guy he is, he should cut them some slack?? Because lets be honest here, if his performance had fallen off a cliff, the team would be thumping their collective chests saying "See, we knew he couldnt keep it up!"

The team bet, they lost... now they need to pay up or yes like you said move on. But move on does not mean another Scot Mc smear job. Ther whole take less because it would be FAIR is a crock of horse shit. Take what you can get, because if Kirk takes less, and they spend that money on a flashy CB and ignore the line, and he ends up getting snapped in half because they trotted out another nice guy who cant block... no one is going to feel sorry for Cousins. So a fair deal is a market deal. And sorry slim, but Stafford deal was last years market.

Now I expect them to offer the Stafford Deal or close, then act all butt hurt when Kirk politely asks them... you dont expect me to sign that do you?? But the reality is, I dont expect them to make a FAIR offer in any case. They havent in three years... why change now??

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i-call-bullshit-on-that-one-13918009.png

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And agree with those that say no way Gruden is thinking Andy Dalton can be the guy here.

Kirk on the other hand, at least imo, just needs a competent team that will that won't step on its own dick when given the chance. Just a good solid team with players who can be depended on to do their job.

I'm not exactly following you on this last point. While I agree with you all about Dan and Bruce not liking Dalton, I can't get my mind around the point you're making about Kirk.

It is true that Kirk has become significantly better under the Gruden, McVay, Shanahan watches, that's undeniable, however in your previous post you put the onus on Gruden for the 9-7, 8-7-1 finishes without mentioning the same record for Kirk in a comparative manner with Dalton.

To be clear, Dalton in Gruden's system was 9-7 (2o11), 10-6 (2012), and 11-5 (2013). Kirk on the other hand in a similar 3 year span posted records of 9-7 (2015), 8-7-1 (2016), and 7-9 (2017).
Now to be fair, I just want to focus on that thing that you said about Kirk merely needing "a competent team that will that won't step on its own dick when given the chance." Didn't he have that in 2015 and 2016?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sty's talking about Gruden check offs. J's talking about Snyder/Allen check offs.

Exempting the cost check-off, there are significant differences there for sure.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
22esp4.jpg
.....I know that I'm going to regret this, but why?

Well shit.. I check off #2, #5 and #6.

And you left off the most important one, namely he isnt Kirk Cousins.

As for McCoy having more "UPside", correct me if Im wrong, but didnt he get a shot at proving this in 2014, and I dont think we won more than one game with him as the starter.

McCoy fits the whole as long as its not Cousins mantra. And thats cool and all. But if Gruden had HALF the confidence in him that many proclaim, Kirk would have been sent packing last year.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not exactly following you on this last point. While I agree with you all about Dan and Bruce not liking Dalton, I can't get my mind around the point you're making about Kirk.

It is true that Kirk has become significantly better under the Gruden, McVay, Shanahan watches, that's undeniable, however in your previous post you put the onus on Gruden for the 9-7, 8-7-1 finishes without mentioning the same record for Kirk in a comparative manner with Dalton.

To be clear, Dalton in Gruden's system was 9-7 (2o11), 10-6 (2012), and 11-5 (2013). Kirk on the other hand in a similar 3 year span posted records of 9-7 (2015), 8-7-1 (2016), and 7-9 (2017).
Now to be fair, I just want to focus on that thing that you said about Kirk merely needing "a competent team that will that won't step on its own dick when given the chance." Didn't he have that in 2015 and 2016?

The Bengals teams of which you speak were much better overall teams, at least imo, than any of the teams Kirk QBed for the Redskins. Andy Dalton and perhaps Marvin Lewis, but Dalton for sure is what held back those Bengals teams of which you speak. Kirk hasn't held back the Redskins.

Kirk's also improved over his 3 year stint as Skins starter, both physically and mentally. I think Dalton is on his downward trek or at the least he's at as good as its gonna get status. Even though Dalton is younger than Kirk I think he's hit his ceiling. Kirk on the other hand is reaching his ceiling.