• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gruden done with 1 year deals for Kirk.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect this team to meet it's usual 6.5 year average of 10 wins or better in 2018 with or without Kirk. Unfortunately, that, gets Bruce Allen reason to say, "I told you so" to Snyder, and keep his job(s) followed by the inevitable 6.5 year drop-off after that.

You'll love that....another RGIII 2012 repeat. :D

The reason I don't think that will happen is

1. The Eagles don't actually suck this year.
2. I don't think Jay Gruden is going to cater an offense to the new saviors skillset.

For all his bold talk of shit or get off the pot. If they hand Jay a rookie, he better be damn near a Kirk Cousins clone. Because if they hand him Lamar Jackson, I suspect Jay will basically take the Mike Shanahan approach and gracefully bow out with his two year severance package.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I make no bones about it. IF we bring in a new QB, we better win the Division and at least have a shot at the NFC title game or I will be the most annoying I told you so asshole this side of MARS. As has been the habit around here, I will dissects the new saviors every snap pointing out his short comings and minimizing adnauseum any and all possible positives.

And all the while I will maintain my innocence that I don't have a gripe about the new guy, he just is missing something in my book. :thumb:
So in other words, you will become dean?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason I don't think that will happen is

1. The Eagles don't actually suck this year.
2. I don't think Jay Gruden is going to cater an offense to the new saviors skillset.

For all his bold talk of shit or get off the pot. If they hand Jay a rookie, he better be damn near a Kirk Cousins clone. Because if they hand him Lamar Jackson, I suspect Jay will basically take the Mike Shanahan approach and gracefully bow out with his two year severance package.

Not really sure that would be a bad thing. Don't get me wrong I want both Cousins & Gruden here for a while especially since that will likely mean that they are having some type of success. However - if Cousins departs, the team starts losing & Gruden starts pouting or throwing folks under the bus (as he has in the past) then I would just as soon start over w/ another coach & Gruden has done & said some things in the recent past that have frustrated me & other fans.

Again - I hope that it doesn't go in this direction & this thing moves forward w/ the current QB & coach.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really sure that would be a bad thing. Don't get me wrong I want both Cousins & Gruden here for a while especially since that will likely mean that they are having some type of success. However - if Cousins departs, the team starts losing & Gruden starts pouting or throwing folks under the bus (as he has in the past) then I would just as soon start over w/ another coach & Gruden has done & said some things in the recent past that have frustrated me & other fans.

Again - I hope that it doesn't go in this direction & this thing moves forward w/ the current QB & coach.

Agree with everything you said. But my response was directly explaining WHY I don't think we can recreate the magic of 2012 is all.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with everything you said. But my response was directly explaining WHY I don't think we can recreate the magic of 2012 is all.

Agree. They have a decent nucleus for this team if they retain Cousins. Not sure why anyone would want to blow this up & start again especially given the Redskins track record & a suspect FO.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. They have a decent nucleus for this team if they retain Cousins. Not sure why anyone would want to blow this up & start again especially given the Redskins track record & a suspect FO.

The only reasons to WANT to start over have little to do with actual football, but a lot to do with feelings and egos.