• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gruden done with 1 year deals for Kirk.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally don't think Andy is as good as Cousins, but I'd be willing to bet that Jay looks at the three seasons he was there....9, 10, and 11 win seasons with 3 straight playoff appearances and thinks he could have success with Andy or other Qbs here.

We all know the dude thinks he can win with Colt.

Hell I bet Jay wishes he had never even started Cousins at this point. Why we would have been better off having never drafted him. Cause hell the Bengals having one of the better defenses in the league probably had nothing to do with those 9, 10, and 11 win seasons after all right??

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems as if he equates wins with qb play right or wrong. When asked about Kirk, the first thing out of his mouth was 7-9.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The narrative was Gruden got the extension in an effort to keep Kirk. The narrative was Jay stuck his neck out for Kirk and they were close. From Jay's comments of late about 7-9, pregnant pauses when asked about Kirk, and going out if his way to praise RK, Trent, and just like warm praise for Kirk it is starting to look like that narrative was false.

I think they like each other but both of them feel the other is nothing special. Not sure we are allowed to speculate on the board anymore. Apparently that's frowned upon now, but jmo.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems as if he equates wins with qb play right or wrong. When asked about Kirk, the first thing out of his mouth was 7-9.

I will say again, seems like you are reading what you want to see from his statements. Where as to me it sounds like if Bruce gets a hand cramp Gruden will have a mild seizure. Because those sound like exactly the kinds of things a front office would tell a coach to say in order to soften the blow in the event they either

1. Cant sign the QB
2. Dont want to sign the QB but also dont want to look dumb for the move.

Either way, Gruden is sounding a bit like this guy

latest

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's quite possible Shark. He did bench RG3 though two weeks before opening day. Not sure Jay is scared of Dan.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally don't think Andy is as good as Cousins, but I'd be willing to bet that Jay looks at the three seasons he was there....9, 10, and 11 win seasons with 3 straight playoff appearances and thinks he could have success with Andy or other Qbs here.

We all know the dude thinks he can win with Colt.

There is no way he believes he can win with Colt.

There is no way he believes Dalton can win here, in this situation.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's quite possible Shark. He did bench RG3 though two weeks before opening day. Not sure Jay is scared of Dan.

He benched RG3 with the backing from his at the time GM. Right now its would be Jay Gruden against Dan, Bruce and Doug...... Not a fight he could win. Or a fight it would be smart to pick publically.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The narrative was Gruden got the extension in an effort to keep Kirk. The narrative was Jay stuck his neck out for Kirk and they were close. From Jay's comments of late about 7-9, pregnant pauses when asked about Kirk, and going out if his way to praise RK, Trent, and just like warm praise for Kirk it is starting to look like that narrative was false.

I think they like each other but both of them feel the other is nothing special. Not sure we are allowed to speculate on the board anymore. Apparently that's frowned upon now, but jmo.
I think you are reading way more into Gruden's comment than was intended. They guy just finished a season that was a disappointment. I'm sure 7-9 record is still painfully fresh in his mind. I'd bet in a a few weeks, Gruden's comments on KC will be much more positive.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are reading way more into Gruden's comment than was intended. They guy just finished a season that was a disappointment. I'm sure 7-9 record is still painfully fresh in his mind. I'd bet in a a few weeks, Gruden's comments on KC will be much more positive.

Fair enough

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this really news a coach wants to know who is starting QB will be for longer then 12 months at a time. Gruden, the team, Skins fans all want Allen/Snyder to give him a multiple year contract but its KC who is holding it up by being the only girl at the school waiting for all the possible dates. I don't blame KC waiting till FA to see what everyone is willing to give him. My question is does KC take the biggest deal from a team or is there any at all love for Skins where he might take just a little little less then say if Denver, Jets, Browns, etc offer him?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this really news a coach wants to know who is starting QB will be for longer then 12 months at a time. Gruden, the team, Skins fans all want Allen/Snyder to give him a multiple year contract but its KC who is holding it up by being the only girl at the school waiting for all the possible dates. I don't blame KC waiting till FA to see what everyone is willing to give him. My question is does KC take the biggest deal from a team or is there any at all love for Skins where he might take just a little little less then say if Denver, Jets, Browns, etc offer him?
We won't know until the team extends him an offer that he should take. That has yet to happen.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won't know until the team extends him an offer that he should take. That has yet to happen.

What Kirk wants...

920x920.jpg

What the Redskins offered

prenuptial-agreement-Free-pdf.jpeg

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask yourselves, why Gruden chose to make this comment and make it now? If you can come up with anything better than these two reasons, I would love to read them.

1. The organization has no intention to sign Kirk to a LTD or offer any anything close to what some have deemed "market value."

2. The organization is intent upon using a tag on Kirk again.

Now, it is my opinion that Gruden wants it settled, and has essentially made it clear that he is not comfortable with either of these scenarios. While everyone speculates on this, Dan and Bruce are observing reactions and wondering what's new about any of this?

Gruden's problem is, what is he going to do about it if they tag him again....quit?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Bruce will tell him if he asks for that........:kissass:

So you agree, Kirk wants a long term commitment and Bruce and Dan want friends with benefits arrangement.

As for what Gruden wants.... no matter what, he is on the hot seat. If we do sign Kirk long term and the team doesnt make the playoffs in 2018, he is likely canned.

If we bring in a rookie, and fail to take the Division by storm ala Dallas and Philly, his ass is grass.

If we bring in a stopgap and we dont make the playoffs... see ya dude.

Now two of these three situations require him to basically start from scratch, thus lowering the odds of making said playoffs.

In that case, one would have to question the logic of wanting to basically shit can the last four years of work, knowing that if it goes side ways how this front office tends to try and destroy the careers of ex employees.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you agree, Kirk wants a long term commitment and Bruce and Dan want friends with benefits arrangement.

If that's the way you want to refer to it. I'm frankly surprised that Kirk is still around, because I've never believed that there was going to be a LTD...ever! However since we're using the mating, dating, hating metaphor, I prefer this:

Hoe's hating on one another because of the same dude.......pimp daddy, cash money!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's the way you want to refer to it. I'm frankly surprised that Kirk is still around, because I've never believed that there was going to be a LTD...ever! However since we're using the mating, dating, hating metaphor, I prefer this:

Hoe's hating on one another because of the same dude.......pimp daddy, cash money!

Yea i guess. But I still say, Kirk wants a commitment.. .Dan and Bruce want a live in with the option to continue to chase tail no questions asked. :pound:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask yourselves, why Gruden chose to make this comment and make it now? If you can come up with anything better than these two reasons, I would love to read them.

1. The organization has no intention to sign Kirk to a LTD or offer any anything close to what some have deemed "market value."

2. The organization is intent upon using a tag on Kirk again.

Now, it is my opinion that Gruden wants it settled, and has essentially made it clear that he is not comfortable with either of these scenarios. While everyone speculates on this, Dan and Bruce are observing reactions and wondering what's new about any of this?

Gruden's problem is, what is he going to do about it if they tag him again....quit?

3. As others suggested - Gruden's comments were made shortly after their last game where Cousins played poorly. Comments made at times like that tend to be emotionally charged & ones that people regret later so I would not read too much into them.

4. Gruden made those comments to basically assist the Redskins in posturing to get a better deal & make it sound like the Redskins don't want to totally overpay Cousins (which would not necessarily be a great idea but oh well).

Anyhow - I really don't put much stock in all of this posturing going on in public. At the end of the day I believe that all parties are civil with each other (as demonstrated by Cousins positive comments @ Snyder) & I would say that there is a good chance that Cousins gets a LTD, but I would also not be shocked if he is on another team next season. Still very much up in the air IMO.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the coach saying, he is getting tired of the one year deals is coach speak for... I want a different QB. Interesting take.
No, it was coach speak for, "hey Kirk, I stuck behind you, where is your loyalty to me"?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way he believes he can win with Colt.

There is no way he believes Dalton can win here, in this situation.

Really on the bolded? You better ask Gruden yourself then...