• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gruden done with 1 year deals for Kirk.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington Redskins- ESPN
Washington Redskins

My bad on the incomplete copy and paste. Here is the full article. After reading this, I think the 34 million dollar FT is defiantly in play.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington Redskins- ESPN
Washington Redskins

My bad on the incomplete copy and paste. Here is the full article. After reading this, I think the 34 million dollar FT is defiantly in play.

Oh I agree its in play. BUt I think Bruce over played his hand last year. I think he figured Kyle would be hot and bothered to get Kirk, and by using the Exclusive tag last year he could drive the direction of any trade.

I admit I didnt know that a third tag could only be of the exclusive type. So honestly using the franchise tag again is basically agreeing to let him walk in 2019, or sign him long term. Some how, even if say the Patriots called and said.. we will give you the 30th pick in 2018, and what ever we have in 2019..... Im not sure thats going to get Bruce to where he would need to be to justify letting Cousins go. And some how Im not seeing Kirks agent letting him sign with the Browns.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And i will say this then.... if they push Kirk out as i suspect.... Provided he doesnt go to the Browns, the team he does go to will finish better than the Redskins. The Browns are a well paid death sentence for any career.

OK, but I suspect that there's not a contract number that Kirk will accept, even "market" or above. With that in mind, whatever pushing there's going to be, already happened two years ago, minimum, last year.

On a lighter note @dad has made it clear that without Kirk, we become the Browns, so I guess that if he goes to the Browns they will become us. I'm just sayin'

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, but I suspect that there's not a contract number that Kirk will accept, even "market" or above. With that in mind, whatever pushing there's going to be, already happened two years ago, minimum, last year.

On a lighter note @dad has made it clear that without Kirk, we become the Browns, so I guess that if he goes to the Browns they will become us. I'm just sayin'

Browns fans would name their children after him if they were consistently a .500 team just in need of a defense. IM just saying.

And I honestly dont think its about the contract number so much as the structure. Last years offer looked good in raw numbers. But it was designed to allow the team to be able to cut him at any time after the first year with no negative impact to the team. While at the same time giving them control over the player for essentially six years (including 2017).

Kinda like telling your future wife... I want you to be committed to me... but I reserve the right to dump you on the street if I find a hotter chick and aside from the honeymoon, you get nothing if I do find a hotter chick.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns fans would name their children after him if they were consistently a .500 team just in need of a defense. IM just saying.

And I honestly dont think its about the contract number so much as the structure. Last years offer looked good in raw numbers. But it was designed to allow the team to be able to cut him at any time after the first year with no negative impact to the team. While at the same time giving them control over the player for essentially six years (including 2017).

Kinda like telling your future wife... I want you to be committed to me... but I reserve the right to dump you on the street if I find a hotter chick and aside from the honeymoon, you get nothing if I do find a hotter chick.

LOL, you sir get to negotiate the terms of my next prenuptial agreement!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, you sir get to negotiate the terms of my next prenuptial agreement!

LOL IM Horrible at that. IN about 12 hours I will have officially been married 27 years. And its cost me 3 houses, and recently new floors, a Kitchen, and a fucking Barn Door inside the house. LOL

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL IM Horrible at that. IN about 12 hours I will have officially been married 27 years. And its cost me 3 houses, and recently new floors, a Kitchen, and a fucking Barn Door inside the house. LOL

An early congrats to you and the Mrs. (I guess):suds:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An early congrats to you and the Mrs. (I guess):suds:

Thanks brother. And yea this is actually a good thing. Bonus, I get a new Garage out of this one which she will not have keys to. :D

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, I won't argue against your conclusions but I will add that in as much as HC and OC's go Washington had far and away better personnel. Gruden vs Lewis, edge to us but McVay and Shanahan both took Gruden's offense to next level shit. I honestly believe that he learned a bunch about his own offensive system's capabilities from both of those guys.

The only conclusion I truly have as it concerns Kirk Cousins and Andy Dalton is. After the 2015 season I would've ranked Dalton and KC probably on the same level with a slight edge perhaps to Kirk. At present though I think Kirk has surpassed AD considerably and is firmly in the 2nd tier of QBs.

Tier 1 QBs consist of Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Big Ben and Russell Wilson.

Tier 2 QBs consist of Phillip Rivers, Matt Ryan, Kirk, Cam and I'd put Stafford at the bottom of tier 2.

The its only been a year, but I liked quite a bit what I saw category would be Deshaun Watson and Case Keenum. Gotta see how Watson comes back so he gets a bit of a pass at the moment, but both Watson and Keenum have to maintain what they started.

He looks top tier to me category would be Carson Wentz territory. The only thing that will stop this kid from being a top tier QB imo is injury or hubris which will eventually lead to injury. If/once he learns that he's not Bronko Nagurski and he needs to pick n choose when he can fake it and when he can't. He'll be alright.

Dark horse, better not sleep on him category Andrew Luck. I look for him to reestablish himself come next year.

Discounting Watson, Keenum, Wentz and Luck just for a second. The tier one QBs imo have shown the ability to carry their team for long strteches of time and all have won SBs. They are proven QBs imo

Tier 2 QBs all have the ability to win a SB imo at this present time on a decent team, and have shown an ability to carry a team, though not as long or as far as a tier 1 QB has. Tier 2 QBs need a little more sumpthin to work with than tier QBs, but tier 2s have the goods to get it done.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Sharkinva

27 years of marriage eh. To the same woman? If so, congrats, homey, and if to different women, congrats on that as well.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U
Never left it, just didn't want to entertain the naysayers any longer.

BTW: Never once said that he would save us, primarily because suggesting that, assumes that, saving this team is possible without major, major changes in the front office.

Glad you asked about less than market value because he checks off my second point once you realize that the "lowball" offer that Kirk got from them far and away exceeds what he'll likely get as a free agent QB coming off of his rookie contract. Unless there's a bidding war for his services, this team would actually save money at the QB position, while upgrading it.
Upgrade it? Cmon, sty. Mccarron can't even beat out Dalton. I have no idea where you got this love affair for Mccarron. He hasn't done shit, to speak of, in this league.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the way some here omit parts of a perspective. In this case the reverse would mean that with a bette or at least as good defense here, even a guy like Dalton would do at least as well as he did in Gruden's system in Cincy. Let's review, 9-7 (2o11), 10-6 (2012), and 11-5 (2013)

I understand, the truth as explained by Sty. :pound:I have read your idea many times that says any of 673 QBs can replace Cousin's at the same level. I don't agree but you already know that. How much change would a new QB be, we can only wait and see if that is the course they take.

Maybe you saw the stat put up in the Redskins last game this year. Cousin's ranks 3rd .... let me say it again .... 3rd among all NFL QBs in his three years of starting. I know you are having a ball busting on shark and his ideas but it is widely agreed (not wholly) that any of the options at least in FA are expected to be lesser than Cousin's. I have no clue whether he stays or goes. I am not going to participate in the drama of "he said this so it means that." The team would be better off with him. If it doesn't happen then you move on. Simple as that. No amount of talking or wishing is going to change that.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U

Upgrade it? Cmon, sty. Mccarron can't even beat out Dalton. I have no idea where you got this love affair for Mccarron. He hasn't done shit, to speak of, in this league.

The reality of that situation is that absolutely nobody has a clue whether McCarron can or cannot succeed in the NFL. Let's get real here. He was drafted in the 5th rd in an era where QBs are highly overvalued. This after he was the QB of a high profile college pgm that won national championships (so he was much higher on the radar than someone like Cousins & he didn't have size issues like Wilson).

He has only played significantly in 5 games in 3 seasons w/ mixed results. None of this is a true indicator that he could do as well as someone like Cousins (even w/ Cousins' flaws).

If he had this tremendous ceiling no doubt numerous teams would be after him & make significant trade attempts w/ the Bengals. Al that we have heard is the failed trade attempt w/ the Browns for 2nd & 3rd. I have no doubt that trade would have succeeded if both teams were serious - the whole thing sounds fishy & just makes you wonder about this guy.

Again - McCarron could have a great career in the NFL moving forward or he could be a future clipboard holder. Nobody knows & that includes NFL coaches & GMs. To just assume that he will do as well or better than Cousins is foolish.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember we read similar buzz on this forum about Matt McGloin who couldn't even get time w/ the Texans when they were basically playing players off the street & will likely be selling cars or houses in a year or two.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember we read similar buzz on this forum about Matt McGloin who couldn't even get time w/ the Texans when they were basically playing players off the street & will likely be selling cars or houses in a year or two.
Oh, I remember the McGloin hype. And people wonder why they get labeled ABCers. Any that was touting McGloin (and we all know who it was) is the epitome of an ABCer.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U

Same ole' argument, and really a weak one but I understand! When the challenge went out few if I'm not the only one actually accepted it and did the research to put a name on possible replacements who were younger, experienced, less expensive and (this is important) able to deliver in Gruden's system as Kirk has or better.

BTW: I suspect that there's going to be more repetition of the same ole' shit on this so for those who want to go down this road again, I'm done with it!!

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same ole' argument, and really a weak one but I understand! When the challenge went out few if I'm not the only one actually accepted it and did the research to put a name on possible replacements who were younger, experienced, less expensive and (this is important) able to deliver in Gruden's system as Kirk has or better.

BTW: I suspect that there's going to be more repetition of the same ole' shit on this so for those who want to go down this road again, I'm done with it!!
How is it a weak argument to point out he can't even break into the starting line up over Dalton? Please explain.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Sharkinva

27 years of marriage eh. To the same woman? If so, congrats, homey, and if to different women, congrats on that as well.

Same woman. If Marriage were a game, Im a dodgeball fan. One hit and you are out. He who survives to the end wins. :D

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

for clarification we are the browns with colt mccoy playing with what we had on the field this year do to injuries . that is the point i was making .

once we lose KC the rebuild is again in force and most likely we will take a step or 2 back