• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Grigorenko being sent back to junior again?

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they messed up again like they did with Grigorenko.

That's debatable. I only hear how it's Grigs fault for where he's at right now, and that he's been given way too many chances to prove himself.

I didn't agree with burning the 1st year of his EL on a short Season, but considering his ability to score, I don't blame the Sabres for trying either.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's debatable. I only hear how it's Grigs fault for where he's at right now, and that he's been given way too many chances to prove himself.

I didn't agree with burning the 1st year of his EL on a short Season, but considering his ability to score, I don't blame the Sabres for trying either.

I don't blame any team for seeing what a kid can do for the first 7 games. I thought the Isles would do that with Strome this year. Instead it looks like he's going to spend the season in the AHL. I thought Scott Laughton of the Flyers played very well last year in the 7 games he was given. They still sent him down. I think Grigorenko's problem is his ego.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Annndddd....Grigorenko is back:

Roster shuffle continues: Adam, McNabb called up while Grigorenko returns after NHL nixes conditioning assignment - Sabres Edge - The Buffalo News
Grigorenko consented to the 14-day assignment, as is required by Article 13.8 of the CBA. But he is otherwise ineligible for the AHL because he is a 19-year-old with junior eligibility remaining and Bettman apparently enforced a clause of the article that says:

"If the Commissioner has reason to believe or determines that the Club has used the Conditioning Loan to evade Waivers, or otherwise circumvent any provision of this Agreement, he may take such disciplinary action against the Club, as he deems appropriate."

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^

I was thinking that Grigorenko wasn't eligible for the AHL because of his age (i.e. under 20) and the fact that he had played in the CHL for the Remparts. Guys that come from Europe/Russia to the NHL with no CHL experience who are under 20 can be sent to the AHL though.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^

I was thinking that Grigorenko wasn't eligible for the AHL because of his age (i.e. under 20) and the fact that he had played in the CHL for the Remparts. Guys that come from Europe/Russia to the NHL with no CHL experience who are under 20 can be sent to the AHL though.

Yeah I was a bit confused by that attempt too. Thought maybe there was something I was missing. If you are drafted by a CHL team then it is NHL or CHL until you are 20. Your 20 year old season (as defined by your age on December 31st) is the only season where both AHL or CHL is an option. Not sure of any 1st rounders who ever played in the CHL at 20.

I'd say he's pretty much a lock to be made available by the Sabres for the WJC.