• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Grigorenko being sent back to junior again?

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly it's not surprising - new Sabres brass has talked the last few days about sending the younger guys down to the lower levels - Ted Nolan said he didn't realize they had so many young guys on that team

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah they are one of only three teams in NHL history to have four teens in the line up. Nolan has said it's tough to try and develop that many at one time at this level. I can understand where he's coming from but it's obvious he will make a move today or tomorrow. A couple of the players entry contracts run out.

Young players will always make mistakes and watching these kids struggle through the first 18 games was like watching the Keystone Cops at times.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's still eligible for the WJHC too. :omg:

He could end up dominating that tourney.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's still eligible for the WJHC too. :omg:

He could end up dominating that tourney.

Officially yes. Although some still argue that he's actually 32. ;)

Seriously though, he'll dominate the WJC as well as the Q. Patrick Roy obviously doesn't coach the Remparts anymore but I believe he is still part owner. This must make him very happy.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so they're just burning years on ELC's all over the place? mgiht be the right decision for growth but they've screwed themselves as far as contracts go.. that'll be 2 years burned on grigs and one on zadarov for no real reason right?

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so they're just burning years on ELC's all over the place? mgiht be the right decision for growth but they've screwed themselves as far as contracts go.. that'll be 2 years burned on grigs and one on zadarov for no real reason right?

I don't think those kids have played enough games for the ELC's to be burned for a year - at least a few of them

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not the best use of ELC's, that's for sure, but if the young guys aren't getting the minutes with the big club, you need to do the right thing and send them to where they can continue developing their game.

/Geez, Monahan had 18:50 of ice time for the Flames last night, that might be a season high.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not the best use of ELC's, that's for sure, but if the young guys aren't getting the minutes with the big club, you need to do the right thing and send them to where they can continue developing their game.

/Geez, Monahan had 18:50 of ice time for the Flames last night, that might be a season high.

Yes but this wasn't Nolan or Patty's mess, it was that guy that's gone. I forgot his name. But I agree with Nolan about having that many kids in the line up. It's obvious they have talent but they were physically getting pushed off of the puck consistently and making a lot of mistakes, they just are not ready and it may do more damage than good to keep them up here.

This is how is going down....Sabres Send Down Four
The Sabres have sent rookies Mikhail Grigorenko, Rasmus Ristolainen and Johan Larsson to the Rochester Americans. Nikita Zadorov has announced he will return to the OHL

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you believe what some people have said about Grigorenko over the past year or so, then this news is not surprising at all.

A local reporter in Buffalo has stated publicly that no one in the Organization can be blamed for his lack of production, and that players on the team have said that his attitude and work ethic stink, and he's been given far too many chances. They feel like other players deserve to be in the lineup more than he does.

Rumor has it that the Sabres will not offer him a contact extension, and will move on from him.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Girgensons has looked better so far. I would like to see them get Armia back up here soon.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit, Bring up Luke Adam, 13 G in 15 games!

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit, Bring up Luke Adam, 13 G in 15 games!

This is what they need to do. There is plenty of time to see how Grigs, Zadorov, Risto, and Girgensons are going to develop. The Sabres need to see what they have in guys like Adam sooner rather than later.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3