• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greg Olsen is available

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone wants a new TE. Anyone think adding him to the group might help? I understand the injury concerns, but I think he could help us.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's dirt cheap (probably will be) and willing to be more of a mentor/blocker/secondary option. Sure, I suppose.

Not going to solve the issue entirely at this point in his career.

I mean, the only argument I could see against it is that you would rather see Ben Braunecker as our 3rd TE. Either a rookie or free agent + Burton/Olsen isn't bad.

This doesn't fix the mistake we made 9 years ago in trading him. But maybe it would aide us a bit while providing some closure.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's dirt cheap (probably will be) and willing to be more of a mentor/blocker/secondary option. Sure, I suppose.

Not going to solve the issue entirely at this point in his career.

I mean, the only argument I could see against it is that you would rather see Ben Braunecker as our 3rd TE. Either a rookie or free agent + Burton/Olsen isn't bad.

This doesn't fix the mistake we made 9 years ago in trading him. But maybe it would aide us a bit while providing some closure.
I think he could be the starter for us while we bring a young guy along. Obviously, he will probably sit a bunch of games out, but he’s still a good pass catcher that Nagy could utilize.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he could be the starter for us while we bring a young guy along. Obviously, he will probably sit a bunch of games out, but he’s still a good pass catcher that Nagy could utilize.

I just get the feeling Burton will get another shot at the role we gave him a good sized contract to fill. Perhaps a lot of 12 personnel with the young TE as our 3rd guy? I just don't know if we've seen the last of Burton and at this point with all of his injuries. Maybe Olsen is best in a role where he isn't the lone horse at TE.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are better off pursuing Hunter Henry......

I would prefer Austin Hooper. He's like a Henry who isn't constantly hurt.

But regardless, that's a polar opposite strategy. Olsen will cost peanuts. Hooper or Henry are about to get paid. Can we shell out another Burton contract to ANOTHER TE or even more money? I don't know.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone wants a new TE. Anyone think adding him to the group might help? I understand the injury concerns, but I think he could help us.

I don't think a TE is that important. Not having a great passing catching TE is not the reason this offense sucked. TEs are the new fad but not a requirement.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Olsen doesn't move the needle. I think we'd need to address TE in the draft with a 2nd rounder, then grab another O linemen in the 2nd and maybe sign one as well to start. The receivers are pretty damn good, but we need the TE to be a weapon and we need quality blocking to have a shot at all.

On top of that, we need a nice pass rush opposite Mack and we'll be solid position to make a run at the division again. It's the best shot we have at both competing in the playoffs and giving Mitch a real shot in a make or break season.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Olsen doesn't move the needle. I think we'd need to address TE in the draft with a 2nd rounder, then grab another O linemen in the 2nd and maybe sign one as well to start. The receivers are pretty damn good, but we need the TE to be a weapon and we need quality blocking to have a shot at all.

On top of that, we need a nice pass rush opposite Mack and we'll be solid position to make a run at the division again. It's the best shot we have at both competing in the playoffs and giving Mitch a real shot in a make or break season.

A threat as an edge rusher opposite of Mack is a huge need for the D. The issue is that the O needs so much and we have limited cap... so... it's hard to see us making a splash there. I hope we can find a premium on a competent free agent. We won't land a big name but I think we can find someone good enough to at least force the opposition to respect him.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A threat as an edge rusher opposite of Mack is a huge need for the D. The issue is that the O needs so much and we have limited cap... so... it's hard to see us making a splash there. I hope we can find a premium on a competent free agent. We won't land a big name but I think we can find someone good enough to at least force the opposition to respect him.
Yep. Someone we can count on to at least be respected. Hopefully Hicks and Mack stay healthy and we'll be good. With a strong pass rush, our secondary concerns will be mitigated.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think a TE is that important. Not having a great passing catching TE is not the reason this offense sucked. TEs are the new fad but not a requirement.

Well, considering you don't even know what a fucking checkdown is, that would explain this dumb ass take.

You got a struggling QB that's learning on the job? Ya, a competent TE is pretty fucking important.

And this coming the day after a Superbowl that featured the two best TEs in the league.:L

It may not be the sole reason this offense sucked, but it sure af didn't help.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt this happens.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The style offense the Bears run needs an effective pass catching tight end. You don't need a world beater...but you need someone on the seam and in the flat that is capable.

TEs are the new fad

Yeah so are helmets. Not sure how long your head has been up your ass but pass catching tight ends aren't new and they aren't a fad.

That being said....I'd rather draft one than sign Olsen.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Someone we can count on to at least be respected. Hopefully Hicks and Mack stay healthy and we'll be good. With a strong pass rush, our secondary concerns will be mitigated.

Back in 2014 we landed Willie Young at a pretty reasonable price. He was a quality player and edge rusher. Not elite, but good. Had 10.0, 6.5 and then 7.5 sacks for us. A modern day signing like him would be big for us, IMO. Floyd just can't get to the QB and it really hurts.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A 2nd round TE selection doesn’t move the needle for another year or two.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg has definitely seen better days, and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he hangs up the ol' cleats. He's pretty good as an analyst or possibly even color commentator on game broadcasts.

While we don't have to go TE with one of the two 2nd rounders, this position absolutely has to be addressed. If we're not going to pick up a proven vet in the offseason, then it needs to be one of our draft picks in any of the rounds.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg has definitely seen better days, and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he hangs up the ol' cleats. He's pretty good as an analyst or possibly even color commentator on game broadcasts.

While we don't have to go TE with one of the two 2nd rounders, this position absolutely has to be addressed. If we're not going to pick up a proven vet in the offseason, then it needs to be one of our draft picks in any of the rounds.

That may happen if nobody ponies up...but he says he wants to play.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That may happen if nobody ponies up...but he says he wants to play.
Oh, I didn't read that. So ok cool, if he still has the fire burnin', then I'm fine with giving him a shot. Nice way to bookend his career.