• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gotham

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The comics have umpteen different universes to draw from. Why cant the TV show create their own and draw from that?

they could... And like i said earlier it is ok to take some liberties... But don't change the core of these characters... I guess Bruce as a child has never really been attempted before so they can do whatever they want, but they changed the core of every single character... The original premise of the show was already an origin change, since Gordon didn't come to gotham until much later in life... But i get that...

Really the origin story that annoys me the most is probably penguin, they have made him such a pivotal character...

I still like the show, but at no point of it do i consider it a batman universe...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you feel about Smallville?

Making Clark and Lex HS friends? Having Lois know about Clark so early? Having Lana and Lex become an item? Turning Lana into a superhero?

Smallville is generally considered a good show (I certainly liked it a lot), but it took pretty large liberties as well.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Making Clark and Lex HS friends? Having Lois know about Clark so early? Having Lana and Lex become an item? Turning Lana into a superhero?

Smallville is generally considered a good show (I certainly liked it a lot), but it took pretty large liberties as well.

there were major adaptions that did this...

Again, i am ok with liberties... Don't get me wrong, i was expecting them... i just think this show has been taking too many, and changing the integrity of them too...

But with that said, i still like it...

I actually prefer Arrow and Flash to this... But i love all comic book shows...

And before you say it, i know that arrow and flash have taken a lot of liberties too... But its better for comic book and cartoon geeks because they bring in major story lines and characters, without changing their integrity...

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was entertained by the last episode, but I don't like the way they handled the Jerome/Joker situation. It made me feel that whomever the Joker ends up being will just be a copy cat, and that's pretty lame. I suppose they could bring him back to life now that they introduced a character that seems as if he may be Ra's Al Ghul.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually prefer Arrow and Flash to this... But i love all comic book shows...
I haven't caught either one yet but I've heard good things. I will say that I like Daredevil more than Gotham but the gf lost interest in Daredevil and I haven't quite gotten enough interest to watch more of that

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was entertained by the last episode, but I don't like the way they handled the Jerome/Joker situation. It made me feel that whomever the Joker ends up being will just be a copy cat, and that's pretty lame. I suppose they could bring him back to life now that they introduced a character that seems as if he may be Ra's Al Ghul.
Ra's is too big a character in Arrow to bring into Gotham right now, I think. I know that Ra's is more traditionally a Batman foil, but I think they need to let that character breath a bit first.

Then again, CW did not let the Arrow character breath from his Smallville run before launching a reboot show centered on him, so maybe Fox WILL launch right into Ra's. And we will see a Flash movie in the next couple years that is completely unrelated to the show.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not a huge fan of the Jerome character. I know the Joker is supposed to be over-the-top, but both Nicholson and Ledger brought a level of genius to the character. Mad genius, sure. But genius none the less.

This take was just infantile and loud.

I am glad he isn't actually the Joker.

I understand not wanting that character to be the joker as outlaw said above you...but the acting by the kid in that role was nothing short of brilliant. He nailed the key attributes to just about every joker ever assembled. The issue now will be whoever they choose next..is not going to top him.

This show is ok(S2 way better so far) but they have NAILED some villian castings so far with Riddler, Penguin and Jerome.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand not wanting that character to be the joker as outlaw said above you...but the acting by the kid in that role was nothing short of brilliant. He nailed the key attributes to just about every joker ever assembled. The issue now will be whoever they choose next..is not going to top him.

This show is ok(S2 way better so far) but they have NAILED some villian castings so far with Riddler, Penguin and Jerome.
The casting of the Riddler seems pretty spot on but if you're going to blatantly play off Dexter then they'd almost be better taking a step back and letting it play out from a slight distance. The alter ego in the mirror stuff brings back bad memories from Heroes.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The casting of the Riddler seems pretty spot on but if you're going to blatantly play off Dexter then they'd almost be better taking a step back and letting it play out from a slight distance. The alter ego in the mirror stuff brings back bad memories from Heroes.
Nice idea. Show him talking to the mirror, but do it in a third-person POV, and only show Nigma's part of the conversation. I like that. It would make him seem just that much more "altered".

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You have a point there, they probably should have toned back the maniacal laughter but I guess they were focused on the surprise.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last season, when they introduced Jerome, they said there was not going to be a bait 'n switch. They said everything with him was going to be as it appeared.

I guess they changed their minds...

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't caught either one yet but I've heard good things. I will say that I like Daredevil more than Gotham but the gf lost interest in Daredevil and I haven't quite gotten enough interest to watch more of that

First season of Arrow was good, I honestly don't think you have to watch past that if you're not a huge Green Arrow fan. I'm only still watching it because they have a good moment here and there, but the majority of it is subpar imo. No complaints about the Flash, nothing to really rave about either. Gotham is entertaining but I still think they have this problem of not knowing whether they want to be a drama or a comic book show.

I got Daredevil and Agents of SHIELD at the top. This season of SHIELD has been really, really good so far. That SHIELD team is impressing me more and more with their acting as the show goes on. Jessica Jones looks to be great as well.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SHIELD is really getting better and better. The fact that it should be the primary catalyst for the InHumans movie in a couple years offers great promise in it's future, as well. It is kinda developing as the backbone of the MCU.

DD was nothing short of outstanding. I am very excited for JJ and all the other shows coming to NetFlix.

Marvel is, without a doubt, destroying DC in the live-action genre at this point. And to think DC had about a 70-year head start.

Of the current/recent DC/Marvel comic show, I think I would rate them...

DareDevil
SHIELD
Smallville
Gothem
Flash
Arrow
Agent Carter

I would not consider any of these "bad", though.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last season, when they introduced Jerome, they said there was not going to be a bait 'n switch. They said everything with him was going to be as it appeared.

I guess they changed their minds...

All I kept reading was what a great actor this guy is, maybe he demanded too much?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a GREAT episode, but holy fuck! That did not belong in the 8:00 time slot. The gore was comparable to an episode of The Walking Dead.

Solid, solid, solid episode, though. Quite possibly my favorite yet.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its still good, but this Vic Mackey running up to Gordon asking what rounds he was using when he blew the kid up, using the word strike in the strike force, its like he is playing curly again. I know it just throws the show into more of the 60's tv show at that point of goofy skit fights, but now are they really going to have Bruce lose an arm and become part terminator?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Smallville was a great show because the actors were spot on for their roles. Clark, Lex, Lionel, Jonathan and Martha were perfectly cast. The show had some clunker episodes, but it had some truly great ones as well

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super curious to see how they intend to introduce Azrael, or their facsimile of the character.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, did not disappoint last night. wonder when this gore is gonna be moved to tuesdays on FX.