• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gotham

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had no idea this was in the works. It is going to be about Gotham, pre-Batman and will be a series on Fox this fall. The preview looks very intriguing.

Last edited by a moderator:

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The previews look awesome.

Also like the previews of Gang Related

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had heard a project involving this subject was in development, but was blown away with the preview clip on 24 last night.

What an amazing concept to base a series on. Looks very promising.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had no idea this was in the works. It is going to be about Gotham, pre-Batman and will be a series on Fox this fall. The preview looks very intriguing.

Sounds like Smallville, looks very cool.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a little confused by this... How loosely is it going to be based on the comics... and which version...

Sounds like with no batman, they would probably be better off having no batman connection at all... there would have been better ways to go...

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might give it a shot if it looks like it will last more than a season. I'm still pissed off about FOX cancelling Almost Human.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna lie that trailer actually makes it look pretty awesome. At least 13 episodes picked up for fall.

Will probably wait a while but watch at some point.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a little confused by this... How loosely is it going to be based on the comics... and which version...

Sounds like with no batman, they would probably be better off having no batman connection at all... there would have been better ways to go...

Appears the characters are all in their early teens or young adults. But given these ages, their origin stories will be occurring at a much earlier age than most of the original comics did when they introduced them.

Catwoman was very much an adult when she was first introduced to the Batman universe in the 1940s. But her origin story has been rewritten a bunch of times through the years, as with many of popular characters. The actress playing Catwoman is named Camren Bicondova and is 14 years old. But in the preview, she's already taking on the persona of a thief and Catwoman.

2930619.png

But looking at the preview, lots of it is going to be be how these characters develop around Jim Gordon as he becomes a Gotham detective. It appears him and his mentor will be the center to the story.

Jada Pinkett Smith is in the series. She plays the woman with the red stripe in her hair. She's reported to be an up and coming crime boss / night club owner named "Fish Mooney". So again, there will probably be new sub-characters involved who have never been in the comics.

As for the villains, they are saying so far that the series will include origin story lines involving the Penguin, the Riddler, Two-Face, and the Joker.

I love the concept and can't wait to watch it. Batman has always been my fav growing up and still is. This is an instant watch for me as long as it doesn't suck ass. Doesn't look like it will.

But that being said, Fox is famous for ruining and killing shows like this after only one season, so we'll see what happens.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might give it a shot if it looks like it will last more than a season. I'm still pissed off about FOX cancelling Almost Human.

I hear you. Pissed about that too. I really liked it.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appears the characters are all in their early teens or young adults. But given these ages, their origin stories will be occurring at a much earlier age than most of the original comics did when they introduced them.

Catwoman was very much an adult when she was first introduced to the Batman universe in the 1940s. But her origin story has been rewritten a bunch of times through the years, as with many of popular characters. The actress playing Catwoman is named Camren Bicondova and is 14 years old. But in the preview, she's already taking on the persona of a thief and Catwoman.

2930619.png

But looking at the preview, lots of it is going to be be how these characters develop around Jim Gordon as he becomes a Gotham detective. It appears him and his mentor will be the center to the story.

Jada Pinkett Smith is in the series. She plays the woman with the red stripe in her hair. She's reported to be an up and coming crime boss / night club owner named "Fish Mooney". So again, there will probably be new sub-characters involved who have never been in the comics.

As for the villains, they are saying so far that the series will include origin story lines involving the Penguin, the Riddler, Two-Face, and the Joker.

I love the concept and can't wait to watch it. Batman has always been my fav growing up and still is. This is an instant watch for me as long as it doesn't suck ass. Doesn't look like it will.

But that being said, Fox is famous for ruining and killing shows like this after only one season, so we'll see what happens.

Reminds me a lot of Smallville where you focused on Clark Kent's upbringing and introduction to various other characters such as Lana Lang, Lex Luthor, Lois Lane, etc. From what I've read the WB (now CW) originally wanted to do a Batman origin story instead of a Superman origin story but they couldn't because Warner Brothers was then making an origin story with Batman Begins. Glad they're doing this project, was a big fan of Smallville, I imagine that I will be a big fan of Gotham as well.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand why some are comparing this to Smallville given the ages of some of these characters, but I think this storyline will not be centered around Batman. Of course it shows his parents deaths and how ends up coping with it after. But this thing looks way darker than Smallville which really targeted the teen and college age crowd. This looks like it's going to be way more violent and nasty. I hope they keep the campiness to a minimum. Penguin, Joker, Poison Ivy, etc.... These are individuals who commit all kinds of murderous crime and flat out acts of terrorism that end up in asylums for the criminally insane. Poison Ivy's intentions are sometimes considered noble, but she'll commit murder to get what she wants.

I get the sense Jim Gordon is the glue of this story. It's going to have that "True Detective" thing going on. Hardboiled cop, etc...
The development of Bruce Wayne, Selina Kyle / Catwoman, and the early origins of true villains like Penguin and Riddler are going to revolve around Gordon as events unfold.

I'm looking forward to this, but worried about the FOX thing. We shall see. From what I read, they've already shot the pilot during March/April which these scenes came from and are currently working on the other episodes. Fox is putting a lot behind this project, but you sometimes got to worry even more about that because if it doesn't get the numbers Fox expects out of the gate, they'll cut bait fast. Won't know when the premiere date is for a few more weeks, but it should be starting around later September / early October.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand why some are comparing this to Smallville given the ages of some of these characters, but I think this storyline will not be centered around Batman. Of course it shows his parents deaths and how ends up coping with it after. But this thing looks way darker than Smallville which really targeted the teen and college age crowd. This looks like it's going to be way more violent and nasty. I hope they keep the campiness to a minimum. Penguin, Joker, Poison Ivy, etc.... These are individuals who commit all kinds of murderous crime and flat out acts of terrorism that end up in asylums for the criminally insane. Poison Ivy's intentions are sometimes considered noble, but she'll commit murder to get what she wants.

I get the sense Jim Gordon is the glue of this story. It's going to have that "True Detective" thing going on. Hardboiled cop, etc...
The development of Bruce Wayne, Selina Kyle / Catwoman, and the early origins of true villains like Penguin and Riddler are going to revolve around Gordon as events unfold.

I'm looking forward to this, but worried about the FOX thing. We shall see. From what I read, they've already shot the pilot during March/April which these scenes came from and are currently working on the other episodes. Fox is putting a lot behind this project, but you sometimes got to worry even more about that because if it doesn't get the numbers Fox expects out of the gate, they'll cut bait fast. Won't know when the premiere date is for a few more weeks, but it should be starting around later September / early October.

I could understand having it center around Gordon at first, but when you think of Gotham you think of Batman, so I would imagine it to eventually center around Bruce Wayne, at least if you're going to have an origin story. Bruce Wayne has a much more intriguing origin story than Gordon. I'm not too worried about FOX doing this. People said that the WB would mess up Smallville, but that turned out to be a very successful show. I think they're working with a story that has proven to succeed over and over again. They have to really go out of their way to mess this up. At least I hope that's the case :hope:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2930619.png

I just want to know which version of the comics is it most going to be based on... I know that In the most popular version(Batman year one, and others based on that one) Gordon comes to gotham as a detective in his 30s, and he was a military man before... He was bad ass... Gordon's wife was named Barbara, and they had a son... which is contrary to the more recent stories, where Barbara is the daughter, and she is batgirl...

Also, the Joker has a very ambiguous origin, very little of the comics attempted to even give him one...

I am just nervous that they are going to take too many liberties, and those liberties will be outside of the DC universe... At least with Arrow(which I am loving even much more than smallville), the liberties they make are inside of the DC universe...

I understand there are many, and I mean many, versions of the batman and his universe... But I just want to make sure they at least recognize that the batman universe is so popular and don't forget that this is a batman universe show...

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to know which version of the comics is it most going to be based on... I know that In the most popular version(Batman year one, and others based on that one) Gordon comes to gotham as a detective in his 30s, and he was a military man before... He was bad ass...

Also, the Joker has a very ambiguous origin, very little of the comics attempted to even give him one...

I am just nervous that they are going to take too many liberties, and those liberties will be outside of the DC universe... At least with Arrow(which I am loving even much more than smallville), the liberties they make are inside of the DC universe...

I understand there are many, and I mean many, versions of the batman and his universe... But I just want to make sure they at least recognize that the batman universe is so popular and don't forget that this is a batman universe show...

Yeah I would imagine Gotham to be a lot like Arrow. I think that's a very comparable show.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to know which version of the comics is it most going to be based on... I know that In the most popular version(Batman year one, and others based on that one) Gordon comes to gotham as a detective in his 30s, and he was a military man before... He was bad ass... Gordon's wife was named Barbara, and they had a son... which is contrary to the more recent stories, where Barbara is the daughter, and she is batgirl...

I don't think this will directly follow just one version of the Batman comics cause we're dealing with some very early origin material. It's probably going to be a mix of bits taken from the comics and new ideas.

But given the age of Catwoman in this series and what's being described as her characters backstory (teen orphan and pickpocket with a unstable personality) it sounds a lot like what was presented in Catwoman Vol. 2 comics in 1999. It presented a story that both her parents die (mom commits suicide and dad drinks himself to death) when she's a preteen, she's sent to an orphanage and Juvi Hall where she deals with a lot of mental abuse. But bails on that by age 13, and starts living on the streets of Gotham where she starts working on her pickpocket and thief skills to survive. Sounds like a fit.

Jim Gordon's wife in this series is named Barbara and works in the emergency room of a hospital.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like you are gonna have to start from episode one to keep up.

If they are following the reason Bruce wayne ends up batman and the reason the villians are turned into villians are because of long term abuse and not just flipping a switch like the movies portray its gonna be pretty interesting. But as much as part of me are thinking "muppet babies" the bigger part of me thinks Dark Angel, Dollhouse, Sarah Connor Chronicals that will be a cult favorite cancelled too soon.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this will directly follow just one version of the Batman comics cause we're dealing with some very early origin material. It's probably going to be a mix of bits taken from the comics and new ideas.

But given the age of Catwoman in this series and what's being described as her characters backstory (teen orphan and pickpocket with a unstable personality) it sounds a lot like what was presented in Catwoman Vol. 2 comics in 1999. It presented a story that both her parents die (mom commits suicide and dad drinks himself to death) when she's a preteen, she's sent to an orphanage and Juvi Hall where she deals with a lot of mental abuse. But bails on that by age 13, and starts living on the streets of Gotham where she starts working on her pickpocket and thief skills to survive. Sounds like a fit.

Jim Gordon's wife in this series is named Barbara and works in the emergency room of a hospital.

I don't mind if they take bits and pieces of all different comics... I just don't want them to CREATE new stories that don't fit the characters... For example, I don't want penguin to be from a poor family...

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always loved Batman and the Jim Gordon character so this is right in my wheelhouse. The cast looks pretty good, I like that Donal Logue dude and can appreciate the guy playing Gordon from Southland.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotham will finally be premiering Sept 22 on Fox. This is easily my most anticipated series of 2014. I can't freaking wait.

They've released a 4 part preview series that goes into the filming, the characters, and the storylines. Really good stuff that gets you primed for the show to start.

Love the concept starting right at the death of the Waynes and how it triggers the slow downfall of the city as crime and corruption takes over.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xjn_n4ixpMo&list=PLr5xdVw1KkGuuEf7zD_wFy_jOpJhaRk6D]THE LEGEND REBORN Preview Special: Mythic Beginnings (Part 1) | GOTHAM - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oI_P4xGURY&index=2&list=PLr5xdVw1KkGuuEf7zD_wFy_jOpJhaRk6D]THE LEGEND REBORN Preview Special: A City On The Edge (Part 2) | GOTHAM - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFfPxYEhKic&index=3&list=PLr5xdVw1KkGuuEf7zD_wFy_jOpJhaRk6D]THE LEGEND REBORN Preview Special: Behind The Shadows (Part 3) | GOTHAM - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDDVY9aqh34&list=PLr5xdVw1KkGuuEf7zD_wFy_jOpJhaRk6D&index=4]THE LEGEND REBORN Preview Special: Heroes & Villains (Part 4) | GOTHAM - YouTube[/ame]