• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gotham

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can all agree that this show sealed its own fate when it didn't make Danny Devito the Penguin. WTF were they thinking?

Thats funny, when that poster commented about the penguin leaving the river and killing the guy for the sammich, a fat penguin was the first thing that came to mind.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm dumping Gotham.

I watch enough shows already so I don't need some slick production that basically rewrites tried and true storylines as it sees fit.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incompetent too stiff bad guys took me back to the Adam west half hour show except they had automatic weapons. It was better than getting bombarded with all the characters in the first one.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty good episode, lessie action with Gordons wife and the hottie detective, if you gave up it may have been a week early.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm dumping Gotham.

I watch enough shows already so I don't need some slick production that basically rewrites tried and true storylines as it sees fit.

Christ. How many damn origin stories has all these characters had unleashed through the almost century the batman universe has existed. It's serious fanboydom to be bitching about "tried and true" on that level.

If you can't handle Gotham, stick to Agents of Shield aka Firefly with Marvel characters.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Christ. How many damn origin stories has all these characters had unleashed through the almost century the batman universe has existed. It's serious fanboydom to be bitching about "tried and true" on that level.

If you can't handle Gotham, stick to Agents of Shield aka Firefly with Marvel characters.

I watch both, probably my 2 fav shows right now.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch both, probably my 2 fav shows right now.

It's not like a hate AoS. I just found it too boring at first. They obviously got the message and their tie in with the events of the winter solider helped bailout the season and got them season 2.

But for me, I've always been a huge Batman fan. The Nolan movies for the most part were outstanding.

I knew the marvel snobs and the fanboys were going to revel in trashing Gotham. I like the Jim Gordon concept picking this time period and the origins involved. So far, so good. It's way more darker than AofS. I appreciate they didn't go full campy with the presentation.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like a hate AoS. I just found it too boring at first. They obviously got the message and their tie in with the events of the winter solider helped bailout the season and got them season 2.

But for me, I've always been a huge Batman fan. The Nolan movies for the most part were outstanding.

I knew the marvel snobs and the fanboys were going to revel in trashing Gotham. I like the Jim Gordon concept picking this time period and the origins involved. So far, so good. It's way more darker than AofS. I appreciate they didn't go full campy with the presentation.

Yeah, the hardcore fanboys always bash the series. I remember hardcore Superman fans bashing Smallville originally, but that series took on a life of its own. I think it's best to keep an open mind about things like these, see where the series goes. So far I like what I see. I think both Gotham & AoS are good shows, I personally look forward to watching them every week.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cobblepot is the most interesting character so far this season. The balloon guy and the assassin with a spear were kind of lame. There wasn't much to them.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotham is a terrific show.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That dude is a moron.

This story takes place YEARS before Nigma became The Riddler. They are portraying him as an eccentric. I think it is rather well done, given the source material.

Next, he will make a video about how blatant it is the "Bruce Wayne" is Batman. I mean come on, His father was killed in an alleyway. As if we all don't know where THAT is headed.

Or will he make a video about how it is obvious that Gordon will end up getting promoted. As if we all don't already know he will be commissioner some day.

Ridiculous vid.

Last edited by a moderator:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Youtuber's don't tend to use logic when trying to garner views, they are similar to sports writers in that way.

I really like the way Bruce is still a big part of the show, I think this is a pretty great guess at what the child version of Bruce would be like, they didn't make Alfred into a worried mother type of figure for very long either, both great decisions in my mind.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just did a search to wake up this thread.

Gotham really delivered last night. This Joker guy went from the 60's batman tv series, to nicholson, and eventually to the best joker ever with heath. There is a time they did that roaring voice he used. If you gave up, man, it was brutal.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just did a search to wake up this thread.

Gotham really delivered last night. This Joker guy went from the 60's batman tv series, to nicholson, and eventually to the best joker ever with heath. There is a time they did that roaring voice he used. If you gave up, man, it was brutal.

Phenomenal actor

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This show reminds me of Heroes so much. It has some cool characters and some good action but man do they just screw it up every time they get something good.

Pokey stick villian was godawful but I can live with that. I didn't mind any of the other villains or even the rewrites. A lot of it works really well. Its fun stuff. Even Harvey Bullock being totally rewritten. Fine with that. Lots of good dialogue. I'm even okay with the Catwoman liberties.

But Fish Mooney is maybe one of the 10 worst TV characters I've seen yet Barbara and Penguin's mom might actually be even worse. Seriously, most of the female characters are freaking terrible. Fish Mooney has no focus. She is supposed to be charming and she isn't close to charming. She is supposed to be smart but she isn't close to smart. Its totally one actor hijacking a show for no reason. An entire subplot was created FOR NO REASON just to keep the camera on her. Its a freaking Batman show. Go away Fish Mooney. Barbara and Penguin's mom...I mean they are supposed to suck but wow....

The last episode of the first season was a dichotomy between a show I really, really wanted to watch and a show I wanted nothing to do with.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, there are villains we never heard of, but the ones we are familiar with are the ones we have seen Batman fight. This show is 10 years away from Bruce actually fighting anybody. Its like watching the ones that stick around actually be better than the nobodies that we never heard of. Its almost making us seem smart by realizing it was not just the joker and penguin that have wreaked havoc on Gotham since Bruce wayne was a boy, there were failures too.

Seemed they wanted to push Gordon into the commissioners role with yesterdays episode, that's another place I thought would be way down the road. There will most probably be a few years lost between seasons for Bruce to actually start to fight, but the way Fox cuts shows off before they are where they need to be, we might never see it either. It just felt like they shifted gears yesterday and this is gonna start moving.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This show reminds me of Heroes so much. It has some cool characters and some good action but man do they just screw it up every time they get something good.

Pokey stick villian was godawful but I can live with that. I didn't mind any of the other villains or even the rewrites. A lot of it works really well. Its fun stuff. Even Harvey Bullock being totally rewritten. Fine with that. Lots of good dialogue. I'm even okay with the Catwoman liberties.

But Fish Mooney is maybe one of the 10 worst TV characters I've seen yet Barbara and Penguin's mom might actually be even worse. Seriously, most of the female characters are freaking terrible. Fish Mooney has no focus. She is supposed to be charming and she isn't close to charming. She is supposed to be smart but she isn't close to smart. Its totally one actor hijacking a show for no reason. An entire subplot was created FOR NO REASON just to keep the camera on her. Its a freaking Batman show. Go away Fish Mooney. Barbara and Penguin's mom...I mean they are supposed to suck but wow....

The last episode of the first season was a dichotomy between a show I really, really wanted to watch and a show I wanted nothing to do with.

See, I do have a problem with all the rewrites... some are inevitable... But they have taken liberties with EVERY character to change EVERY origin story significantly...

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At least they killed off Fish Mooney at the end of last season(at least for the time being). She was definitely the worst character last season. Psycho Barbara might be interesting because she's more interesting now than all of last season as far as I'm concerned. I did like the lady that took over for Loeb as Commissioner but she's gone now and I think that Michael Chiklis is going to be taking her place soon.

I'm enjoying this season so far and I think that Jerome has taken over the most interesting character from Nygma so far this season, not that his story arc isn't interesting as well. I'm definitely interested in seeing where the story is going next.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, there are villains we never heard of, but the ones we are familiar with are the ones we have seen Batman fight. This show is 10 years away from Bruce actually fighting anybody. Its like watching the ones that stick around actually be better than the nobodies that we never heard of. Its almost making us seem smart by realizing it was not just the joker and penguin that have wreaked havoc on Gotham since Bruce wayne was a boy, there were failures too.

Seemed they wanted to push Gordon into the commissioners role with yesterdays episode, that's another place I thought would be way down the road. There will most probably be a few years lost between seasons for Bruce to actually start to fight, but the way Fox cuts shows off before they are where they need to be, we might never see it either. It just felt like they shifted gears yesterday and this is gonna start moving.

Vic Mackey will be the new commissioner starting next week.