• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gotham

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
saw alot more previews, Jada Pinkett (Smith) is a new character for the series. I think that helps it along. I hope they rerun this on fridays usually driving home when this is on.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and every director going today.

I'm actually staring to get fed up seeing him in everything.....

I like him too, but he is becoming a bit of a "Sign of the Shark". Dude needs to get a show and sit with it for a while. He bailed on SOA before his characters arc was done (hence the odd way his character was killed off). Further, anything he seems to touch turns to crap (Copper S2 was painfully bad) or just doesn't make it (Terriers).

I like him, but he is starting to get that "stink" about him...

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like him too, but he is becoming a bit of a "Sign of the Shark". Dude needs to get a show and sit with it for a while. He bailed on SOA before his characters arc was done (hence the odd way his character was killed off). Further, anything he seems to touch turns to crap (Copper S2 was painfully bad) or just doesn't make it (Terriers).

I like him, but he is starting to get that "stink" about him...

You can also add The Knights of Prosperity to the 2nd list.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't really like this at all. Just felt like they were throwing out names from batman lore just to get attention. I also didn't know the penguin was a murdering psychopath. I always though he was just a crooked rich guy.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penguin was by far the best part of the pilot episode.

I don't like how they already have tossed Penguin, Catwoman, Riddler, and Poison Ivy into the first hour of the show though. Feels desperate and like they're trying hard not to "FOX" this show early.

I think it's mainly going to be a cop/crime drama focused on the corruption and downfall of Gotham, all before Bruce even think of becoming Batman, but I hope it sticks around a while and they're able to get a little into the League of Shadows somehow. That's always been my favorite part of Batman lore.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't really like this at all. Just felt like they were throwing out names from batman lore just to get attention. I also didn't know the penguin was a murdering psychopath. I always though he was just a crooked rich guy.

I spent more time trying to figure out the time line.

1980's cars, but cell phones and a woman police captain. that would never happen in bruce waynes childhood days. Not even sure if there were woman detectives in the 80's.

So is it modern day or are we supposed to think its 25 years ago?

It was OK though, I think trying to build up all the villians is a mistake though. Even an interview with Jada she said you are gonna see a new villian each week, so she was the only new character, each week you need to tune in to see another. Pretty sure we saw them all already.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1980's cars, but cell phones and a woman police captain. that would never happen in bruce waynes childhood days. Not even sure if there were woman detectives in the 80's.

It was OK though, I think trying to build up all the villians is a mistake though. Even an interview with Jada she said you are gonna see a new villian each week, so she was the only new character, each week you need to tune in to see another. Pretty sure we saw them all already.

All of those are the things that made me go "Hmmmm....."

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you watch those preview vids I posted on this page, it explains a bit about the choice of cars having that look and cellphones existing, etc....

Even though the city scape looks very NYC, people need to realize Gotham is still a fictional city based on comics. And the time line isn't going to matchup perfectly with a certain point of time in USA history, etc....

I also got no problem with them introducing some of the villians characters. This isn't just an origin story of Batman. It's exploring origin story lines of many other characters.

It's not going to please everyone. Batman as a character has almost a century of material. So many different origin stories about these characters and events have been created through the decades. Just need to sit back and enjoy that they are doing this take on things. I already heard nerds blowing up about ages and timelines. Just STFU and deal with it.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I didnt want or feel the need to research a premier episode. I was done with my homework 30 years ago. They should not have to explain why a black woman is speaking spanish, old cars and cell phones, while we know we are looking at the way the villians started, its still 20 or so years before they reak havoc. I know disney babies worked, muppet babies worked, those were cartoons and not based on what have been portrayed as real.

The first one you posted was almost 7 minutes, sounded like excuses. We are just posting about what we saw and what we thought happened.

Its not like everyone does not know Gotham is fictional based on new york. By having Penguin swim across the frozen river to New Jersey even solidified that. Dont think anyone has an issue with where Gotham is. Just being consistent with technology would be a start. I mean, dont you remember that batman had the first cell phone?

TheRedPlectrum

and you are?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a technical standpoint, the writing and casting were very well done (seriously, A+ for casting), but editing and music direction were garbled and disjointed. If they can get some veteran post-production people on this, it could rival Marvel.

Will continue next week, but with trepidation.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally saw the first episode. Not bad IMO. I felt similar to when I first saw Smallville in the sense I felt they took too many artistic liberties. At the same time, it's difficult to have a television series entirely consistent with the comics & movies. Really they have to build something, not just follow the example, so I understand. Looking forward to seeing what becomes of this series.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they introduced too many characters in the pilot. It ended up making it kind of slow. I have a feeling the show will pick up as the season goes forward. The only thing I couldn't find was about the guy who needed his pills. Was that Bane? It also seemed strange Cobblepot went after that sandwich like it was the first thing he had eaten in weeks after probably having hypothermia.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't seen it yet but I am having a hard time believing Jayda Pinket Smith as the "villian"

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't seen it yet but I am having a hard time believing Jayda Pinket Smith as the "villian"

She is not really a villian, she is more going after the mob boss title. Penguin worked for her, spied on her, but she was not running any of these villians. the hairdo makes her look like a villian, but I dont see her like a penguin or catwoman.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She is not really a villian, she is more going after the mob boss title. Penguin worked for her, spied on her, but she was not running any of these villians. the hairdo makes her look like a villian, but I dont see her like a penguin or catwoman.

Oh, that makes more sense but still can't see her in that "role"

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can all agree that this show sealed its own fate when it didn't make Danny Devito the Penguin. WTF were they thinking?