• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good News for Heat fans: Lakers prefer Rondo over Goran

Status
Not open for further replies.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which further shows how little you know.

What makes Scott a good coach? Just curious

If anything at best he is avg....maybe shit coach was harsh but I don't consider hm a good coach

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think either one of you know much about basketball. Especially the one of you who needs 3 posts to show how little he knows.

I watched Scott fail to get young guys to even play hard for multiple years on the Cavs- and his offenses were a disaster.

I would not have ever cared - and didnt- when they lost games- but so many games the defensive effort was just beyond terrible. Kyrie and Dion did not give a shit on defense- and obviously that is on them toa certain extent- but it really makes you wonder why the coach couldnt do something about it.

Hes not the guy I would want developing young guys.- and like i said- i am probably one of the few people that watched nearly every Cavs game during that stretch when they were terrible- and nothing frusterated me more than piss-poor effort.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If anything at best he is avg....maybe shit coach was harsh but I don't consider hm a good coach

hes ok i guess- but he resented having to use advanced metrics- and just basically assumed he did not have to "teach" effort- on a certain fundamental level i agree with him- you guys are pros- give a pros effort- but that just totally ignores the mindset of todays young NBA players...I dont know anyone that would say he is a coach who belongs in the top half of NBA coaches.

persoanlly- there were things i liked about the guy- i liked his demeanor and his toughness- obviously this is a guy that has carried himself like a professional his whole life- but as a coach of y oung guys he really did a crappy job.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is average at best. But I'll save everyone some time. Trojan thinks he's a good coach because he took the Nets to 2 Finals over 10 years ago and if you gave the Lakers great players, he could do the same thing. Scott just needs great players. Nevermind the fact that's pretty much the definition of an average coach, only getting the minimum amount of his players' talent (hi Scott Brooks!), but that's the gist of it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is average at best. But I'll save everyone some time. Trojan thinks he's a good coach because he took the Nets to 2 Finals over 10 years ago and if you gave the Lakers great players, he could do the same thing. Scott just needs great players. Nevermind the fact that's pretty much the definition of an average coach, only getting the minimum amount of his players' talent (hi Scott Brooks!), but that's the gist of it.

I hate that so many NBA teams give the retreads opportunity after opportunity. I definitely do not think Blatt is this great coach- but its so nice to have a breath of fresh air and fresh ideas. I love how Boston got Brad Stevens- i like that the Hawks got Bud, ---Kidd actually was pretty good with Brooklyn and has been very solid with the Bucks. Heck- i even respect Miami for developing a young guy and giving him the job and sticking by him in Spoelstra.

The George Karls, and Lionel Hollins' and Byron Scotts just dont do anything for me- like u said- give them a bunch of good players and they wont get in the way. - for the most part they are resistant to incorporating new age statistics and they dont connect well with todays players- who are a lot softer and needy than player used to be.

Im so glad the Cavs took a gamble with a fresh approach and did not go the safe route that would get them credit in the media but not much of anything new on the floor.- and i applaud teams that do the same.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because he knows how to teach the game. Both CP3 and Kyrie Irving have talked about how he helped them develop their games. Kobe has done nothing but praise him ever since he was hired.

He has the Lakers playing hard every night. How many teams in the situation the Lakers are in have we seen flat out quit on their coaches over the years?

People look at his record, but don't consider some of the shit he's been handed for rosters. Imagine what his record might look like if Lebron hadn't left for Miami shortly after he was hired. If memory serves, part of the reason he was hired was because Lebron liked him. I know this much too, Lebron would never have ignored or disrespected him like he's done to Blatt a few times.

Is he the Lakers next Riley or Jackson who will get them more titles? Or is he the Lakers next Del Harris who will get them back to respectability before being replaced by someone who can win a title? I don't know, it's his first season with the Lakers.

I do know that I don't have any real issues with how he's coached this team.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think Scott is the guy to rebuild with and connect with young players- he is from a bygone era and the way he thinks is just not the way current players think- Do i think todays players COULD learn a lot from the way Scott carries himself? Yes- obviously the guy was a pro's pro who did things the right way- but his style just does not connect with todays AAU style young guys.
I don't think I agree because he took the reigns of several teams with many young players and as I recall nearly took them to the finals. The problem he has with this current team is that many of them are not young players. They are lazy and untalented veterans. Nick Young has been around awhile now and is about as good as he ever will be. If you want to make a delicious chicken salad, you need a good chicken - not chicken shit. Jeremy Lin is another one. Now when they conduct their exit interviews, it would be nice if some of them would be willing to sit down with Byron Scott and come to an agreement on what they need to do in order to be the best player possible but lets get real - Lin and Young are gone next year and so is Boozer and they need to be

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes ok i guess- but he resented having to use advanced metrics- and just basically assumed he did not have to "teach" effort- on a certain fundamental level i agree with him- you guys are pros- give a pros effort- but that just totally ignores the mindset of todays young NBA players...I dont know anyone that would say he is a coach who belongs in the top half of NBA coaches.

persoanlly- there were things i liked about the guy- i liked his demeanor and his toughness- obviously this is a guy that has carried himself like a professional his whole life- but as a coach of y oung guys he really did a crappy job.

Really? CP3 and Kyrie disagree about his ability to work with young guys. So does Kobe (although he's old). Also, the Lakers are pretty young and while they suck, it's because of a lack of talent, not a lack of effort.

You couldn't possibly have it more backwards either. If his "authoritarian coaching style" is going to rub anyone the wrong way, it's going to be vets who have been around, accomplished some things and think they are above being corrected (like Jason Kidd). Young guys need his "authoritarian coaching style" because they haven't accomplished shit and don't know shit.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? CP3 and Kyrie disagree about his ability to work with young guys. So does Kobe (although he's old). Also, the Lakers are pretty young and while they suck, it's because of a lack of talent, not a lack of effort.

You couldn't possibly have it more backwards either. If his "authoritarian coaching style" is going to rub anyone the wrong way, it's going to be vets who have been around, accomplished some things and think they are above being corrected (like Jason Kidd). Young guys need his "authoritarian coaching style" because they haven't accomplished shit and don't know shit.

I have watched more of Kyrie's game than practically anyone that does not actually work for the Cavs- and Kyrie did not give one shit about defense under Scott- Neither did Waiters- the first time I saw either care at all was under Blatt.

it was comical how horrible of an effort the Cavs gave on defense under Scott- and not one player played over their expectations.

Believe- i have learned that i cant tell you something you dont want to hear by now- but i watched so many Cavs games under Scott where I was no upset they lost- but upset because the effort was awful- and this is the first time i have seen Kyrie play defense sincehe got to the league- and this is the first year TT has taken a big step up and developed into one of the better rebounders in the league.

Also- Scott was a huge factor in drafting Waiters- saying he saw a lot of Dwade in him- and Waiters under performed and pouted under Scott all the time- all though Dion under performed and pouted under just aboutevery coach.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, because after all, guys like Phil Jackson, Pat Riley, Greg Popovich, etc. have all taken average/below average team to championships.

I'll bet Spoelstra still would have taken the Heat to 4 straight finals and won 2 if he didn't have Lebron, Wade and Bosh on the team.

It's amazing how good coaches look with guys like Magic, Kareem, Worthy, MJ, Pippen, Duncan, Robinson, Parker, Lebron and Wade isn't it?

I'll wait while you compile the list of coaches who have won titles without great players.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, because after all, guys like Phil Jackson, Pat Riley, Greg Popovich, etc. have all taken average/below average team to championships.

I'll bet Spoelstra still would have taken the Heat to 4 straight finals and won 2 if he didn't have Lebron, Wade and Bosh on the team.

It's amazing how good coaches look with guys like Magic, Kareem, Worthy, MJ, Pippen, Duncan, Robinson, Parker, Lebron and Wade isn't it?

I'll wait while you compile the list of coaches who have won titles without great players.

Larry Brown

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have watched more of Kyrie's game than practically anyone that does not actually work for the Cavs- and Kyrie did not give one shit about defense under Scott- Neither did Waiters- the first time I saw either care at all was under Blatt.

it was comical how horrible of an effort the Cavs gave on defense under Scott- and not one player played over their expectations.

Believe- i have learned that i cant tell you something you dont want to hear by now- but i watched so many Cavs games under Scott where I was no upset they lost- but upset because the effort was awful- and this is the first time i have seen Kyrie play defense sincehe got to the league- and this is the first year TT has taken a big step up and developed into one of the better rebounders in the league.

Also- Scott was a huge factor in drafting Waiters- saying he saw a lot of Dwade in him- and Waiters under performed and pouted under Scott all the time- all though Dion under performed and pouted under just aboutevery coach.

Yeah, I'm sure having Lebron on the team has absolutely nothing to do with Kyrie playing defense. The more you post, the worse you look.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

todays young guys dont respond to that though- they are getting paid millions with guaranteed contracts- and tune that crap out- unfortunately to be a head coach that gets through to those players you need to have a lot different demeanor then Scott has- his old school style just does not work on todays young players.

I think its a shame that todays young players tune that stuff out because it could help them- but they do- they are millionaires with guaranteed contracts taken high in the draft and know they are more important to the long term success of the team than the coach- Scott just has not evolved.- he didnt with the Cavs anyway- I can just tell you what i saw.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry Brown

He's the only one. As much as I like Byron, I'd have an erection that lasted waaaaaay longer than 4 hours if they were to get Larry Brown. Even if he is 175 years old now.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm sure having Lebron on the team has absolutely nothing to do with Kyrie playing defense. The more you post, the worse you look.

I am sure it does too- of course having LeBron - a player and vet hold guys accountable helps- but its obvious that Scott couldnt do it- and i look at a team like the Celtics who have traded away players- have a bunch of young guys- and are still fighting for a playoff spot becuase of a great young head coach like Brad Stevens. He is getting stuff out of the Celtics that Scott never got out of the Cavs and there is no doubt the Cavs had more talent.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
todays young guys dont respond to that though- they are getting paid millions with guaranteed contracts- and tune that crap out- unfortunately to be a head coach that gets through to those players you need to have a lot different demeanor then Scott has- his old school style just does not work on todays young players.

I think its a shame that todays young players tune that stuff out because it could help them- but they do- they are millionaires with guaranteed contracts taken high in the draft and know they are more important to the long term success of the team than the coach- Scott just has not evolved.- he didnt with the Cavs anyway- I can just tell you what i saw.

I just showed you that they are, do and have. The guys whose balls you slobber over on a daily basis around here has credited Scott for much of his development.

You really need to stop embarrassing yourself.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think of all the coaches that have been hired in the last 2-3 years in the NBA

Kerr, Budenholzer, Kidd, Blatt, Stevens, etc.
I just showed you that they are, do and have. The guys whose balls you slobber over on a daily basis around here has credited Scott for much of his development.

You really need to stop embarrassing yourself.

Wow...why are you getting so angry over this and getting personal? I just told you- and every single coach, GM, scout, reporter- etc. will tell you that Kyrie gave pretty much ZERO effort under Scott on defense.

The Cavs had so many high picks and lotto talent and never did anything with it under Scott- and then i look at a guy like Stevens- with not nearly the upside the Cavs had- and he has the team playing hard and in contention.

Like i said- ican only tell you what i saw- and the Cavs team i saw played with basically no effort on a lot of nights- and not one player over-achieved.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure it does too- of course having LeBron - a player and vet hold guys accountable helps- but its obvious that Scott couldnt do it- and i look at a team like the Celtics who have traded away players- have a bunch of young guys- and are still fighting for a playoff spot becuase of a great young head coach like Brad Stevens. He is getting stuff out of the Celtics that Scott never got out of the Cavs and there is no doubt the Cavs had more talent.

Blatt doesn't have shit to do with Kyrie playing defense. He knows that if he doesn't he has to answer to Lebron. Scott didn't have ANY vet guys. Plus, Scott had Kyrie as a rookie. The problem wasn't that Kyrie didn't want to play defense, the problem was that he didn't know HOW to play defense in the NBA. Especially against the level of pg's that he sees.

Much of the defense that he plays now is the natural evolution of his game that has developed from the building blocks established beginning in his rookie year. Part of why he's so good now, is the work ethic and NBA basics that Scott taught him.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't care how bad this team is, they play hard every night. My co- worker and I joke all the time how a Lakers game will turn out. They will play hard and keep it close, but can't finish at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.