• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good News for Heat fans: Lakers prefer Rondo over Goran

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I would prefer Dragic over Rondo and I'm not just saying that because Goran plays for Miami.

Rondo has not been the same player since tearing his ACL a few years ago
You and I both, but Dragic is a better shooter as well and a little younger

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rondo doesn't play much defense anymore.

He really doesn't. Plus, its not even that important. It's a positive, but not a necessity. Being a lockdown defender is great, but what's much more important is team defense. There are tons of PGs out there that are average at best (Curry being one of them), but their teams don't skip a bit because their defensive scheme as opposed to relying on the outdated philosophy of individual skill and hustle. Modern NBA defense is a lot more smarts than skill, at least more than its ever been.

He will with Byron as coach.

Must...restrain...self...DAMN IT. Can't do it.

Current Lakers defensive rating: 28th out 30 teams

Lots of defense being played with B. Scott.

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulls will take Rondo next year lol

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, basically a nothing article. No new rumor. No new source saying such. It is basically some writer's opinion.

"Assuming the Lakers stay in win-soon mode, it is a safe bet that they will go hard after the two top point guards on the market, with Bryant’s pal Rajon Rondo at the head of the list and Goran Dragic behind him."

Honestly, I hope they don't pursue either.

Okay, I will take the bait, since I respect you as a poster, please explain this. Rondo/Dragic are definitely better than Lin. I get Clarkson has played well.. is he the guy you have the faith in? Clearly the Lakers need to get better. Since these two PGs aren't the solution for you, which free agents are?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I will take the bait, since I respect you as a poster, please explain this. Rondo/Dragic are definitely better than Lin. I get Clarkson has played well.. is he the guy you have the faith in? Clearly the Lakers need to get better. Since these two PGs aren't the solution for you, which free agents are?
I don't think there is any question that the Lakers will re-sign Clarkson and continue to develop him, but I think he's another year away as starter material for a playoff team with playoff expectations. I don't think it would be unreasonable for the Lakers to go after two guards and keep four of them, but unlikely. I think they will go after one and then work on either a forward or center.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd rather see them use their available money this summer for a younger player like a Monroe, Leonard, or Harris. I'm down for more of a youth movement/development. Realistically, they can afford one big free agent. Some of these players I like are RFAs, which does add a difficult wrinkle to actually being able to sign them.

Both Dragic and Rondo are pushing 30. They will cost more than those others I mentioned. I feel Rondo's game is vastly overrated. He still can't shoot the ball. He admitted that he hasn't been trying hard on the defensive end now for awhile. He's not worth the type of money he'll probably get. I like Dragic. I'd be fine signing him, although I don't think he leaves Miami. Rondo is more likely to leave Dallas. I just don't think he's a good fit for this rebuild.

What happens this draft will have a lot to do with which free agents they pursue.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happens this draft will have a lot to do with which free agents they pursue.

Yeah, if they get Okafor or Towns, they'll go hard after Rondo/Dragic. If they don't, then they'll go after bigs.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO I much prefer Dragic to Rondo.
Not only do I think he's a better player, we've all heard what a dick Rondo can be.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They shouldn't go for Rondo. Dragic is ok but honestly, if he doesn't seem up to leave Miami, I wouldn't try so hard to woo him over. Just because you have a need at PG doesn't mean you should overpay for one. They'd be better suited just keeping the cash (sign someone to a 1 year deal) and pursuing someone in 2016.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, basically a nothing article. No new rumor. No new source saying such. It is basically some writer's opinion.

"Assuming the Lakers stay in win-soon mode, it is a safe bet that they will go hard after the two top point guards on the market, with Bryant’s pal Rajon Rondo at the head of the list and Goran Dragic behind him."

Honestly, I hope they don't pursue either.

Especially Rondo, dude can't shoot for shit, and has a fucked up attitude. No thanks!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They shouldn't go for Rondo. Dragic is ok but honestly, if he doesn't seem up to leave Miami, I wouldn't try so hard to woo him over. Just because you have a need at PG doesn't mean you should overpay for one. They'd be better suited just keeping the cash (sign someone to a 1 year deal) and pursuing someone in 2016.

Yeah. I wouldn't mind getting either one as either one would be the best pg that the Lakers have had in 20 years. But I don't think I'd want to max either of them. Maybe $10-$12 mil a year for Rondo or $15 mil for Dragic.

Top pg's are nice to have, but pg dominated teams don't win titles.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting article today - Scott says he is now making decisions as to who he wants for next year in the foxhole with him. He says some of them would stab in the back given the chance and that changes will be have to be made

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting article today - Scott says he is now making decisions as to who he wants for next year in the foxhole with him. He says some of them would stab in the back given the chance and that changes will be have to be made

Not all that interesting. He just now realized his team stinks and doesn't listen to him? Where was he in December? Oh that's right, off in dreamland thinking D-Leaguer Ronnie Price was worth playing over Jordan Clarkson.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will with Byron as coach.

on what basis do you think Byron Scott knows what he is doing?

The guy has been fired now by New Jersey, New Orleans, Cleveland, - and has a career 43% winning percentage- and his first stop was by far his best.

I appreciated Scott's authoritarian style as a fan- but as far as substance goes- his offenses were train wrecks and he really does not relate well to young NBA players- and he couldnt even get the young guys to care enough to play hard on defense.. He is an "old school" guy- and I think , from what i saw anyway- that the game has kind of passed him by.

One thing i liked about the Cavs hiring Blatt is that they went for a guy who could bring some fresh ideas and didnt have any baggage and he was kind of a breath of fresh air when you compared him to retreads like Mike Brown and Byron Scott. Personally- I do not think he is the type of guy you want when you are rebuilding a team.....

do you really think Scott is the guy to get the Lakers back on track?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i always thought byron was a shit coach

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i dont think Scott is the guy to rebuild with and connect with young players- he is from a bygone era and the way he thinks is just not the way current players think- Do i think todays players COULD learn a lot from the way Scott carries himself? Yes- obviously the guy was a pro's pro who did things the right way- but his style just does not connect with todays AAU style young guys.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think he could do some good things with a veteran group that know how to play teh game.....ithink he resents the NBA movement towards the new stats- and does not have the patience to teach and connect with the young guys- thats what i saw in Cleveland anyway...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on what basis do you think Byron Scott knows what he is doing?

The guy has been fired now by New Jersey, New Orleans, Cleveland, - and has a career 43% winning percentage- and his first stop was by far his best.

I appreciated Scott's authoritarian style as a fan- but as far as substance goes- his offenses were train wrecks and he really does not relate well to young NBA players- and he couldnt even get the young guys to care enough to play hard on defense.. He is an "old school" guy- and I think , from what i saw anyway- that the game has kind of passed him by.

One thing i liked about the Cavs hiring Blatt is that they went for a guy who could bring some fresh ideas and didnt have any baggage and he was kind of a breath of fresh air when you compared him to retreads like Mike Brown and Byron Scott. Personally- I do not think he is the type of guy you want when you are rebuilding a team.....

do you really think Scott is the guy to get the Lakers back on track?

i dont think Scott is the guy to rebuild with and connect with young players- he is from a bygone era and the way he thinks is just not the way current players think- Do i think todays players COULD learn a lot from the way Scott carries himself? Yes- obviously the guy was a pro's pro who did things the right way- but his style just does not connect with todays AAU style young guys.

i think he could do some good things with a veteran group that know how to play teh game.....ithink he resents the NBA movement towards the new stats- and does not have the patience to teach and connect with the young guys- thats what i saw in Cleveland anyway...

I don't think either one of you know much about basketball. Especially the one of you who needs 3 posts to show how little he knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.