• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good News for Heat fans: Lakers prefer Rondo over Goran

Status
Not open for further replies.

CelticPride89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame them, I would take Rondo all day over dragic.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, basically a nothing article. No new rumor. No new source saying such. It is basically some writer's opinion.

"Assuming the Lakers stay in win-soon mode, it is a safe bet that they will go hard after the two top point guards on the market, with Bryant’s pal Rajon Rondo at the head of the list and Goran Dragic behind him."

Honestly, I hope they don't pursue either.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I would prefer Dragic over Rondo and I'm not just saying that because Goran plays for Miami.

Rondo has not been the same player since tearing his ACL a few years ago

CelticPride89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shall see. I think Rajon is definitely the better option.

CelticPride89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope napier ends up taking a major role in mia, big fan of his.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If these reports are true by the time Rondo rejects the Lakers, Goran probably would have re-signed with Miami already :yes:

Report: Lakers to target Rajon Rondo over Goran Dragic in free agency - CBSSports.com

That's a stretch because it might take Rondo ten minutes to shoot the Lakers down and then they would call Dragic and have him signed at midnight. Then again it's been said that the Lakers are trying to develop Clarkson as a guard even though I he might be another year before having even a remote chance in becoming an elite player. Both have hit their pick and have 3 to 5 years left at the top, so I hope they don't give either one more than three years on a contract and over pay

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shall see. I think Rajon is definitely the better option.
Rondo isn't the savior Mav's fans expected. He has struggled on offense and he has no interest in playing defense.

CelticPride89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rondo isn't the savior Mav's fans expected. He has struggled on offense and he has no interest in playing defense.
Small sample size, give it time. Rondo makes plays on defense very few point guards can.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

I'd take Jeremy Lin back at 7 mil than give Rondo 15+. Just stay away. At his price tag, his cons aren't worth it at all. And I'd definitely pick Dragic over him.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No no no, fuck NO!!!!!!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must not watch basketball much
LOL - I think I'm going to pass out because I agree. Yeah - I would take Dragic as well, but so far he has played well and fit in good with Miami so.........

CelticPride89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to argue with someone that actually believes Rondo is a better player than Dragic. You clearly have zero basketball knowledge for even thinking that it's a competition between the two.

It would seem that you are in fact arguing with me. I think its pretty funny that you are implying that its ludicrous to say Rondo is better. Rondo was considered by most to be an elite pg, I am of the opinion that he will reach that level again. If you disagree there are much classier ways to express that sentiment.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lakers are going to go after a point guard in FA, I'd prefer Dragic, but I'd be happy with either one, because whichever one they got would be the best point guard they've had since Nick Van Exel.

The good thing about Dragic is that he's an excellent shooter, passer and playmaker. However, he's average at best on defense, so he wouldn't really answer the problem that the Lakers have had with getting destroyed by the better point guards in the league offensively.

Rondo is an excellent passer, playmaker and defender. But he's a horrible shooter. He'd put an end to the Lakers getting destroyed offensively by opposing point guards, but could be a liability late in games when teams are sending him to the foul line or can drop off of him to double team other players.

End of the day, for me, it would come down to how much the Lakers were paying for either of them.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if either guy gets a max- 5 years 100+million it would be a mistake for their teams. They would be paying for past performance and not future performance considering the ages of each player.

Heck- Love turned 27 in November and id be hesitant to give him a 5 year deal--- guys that are older than that and play positions that rely on athleticism?

the contract probably works out in year 1 and 2- and maybe if your lucky year 3- but years 4 and 5 could be unmitigated disasters....

If I am the Lakers I think Rondo is a really good fit with an aging Kobe- I think he would help Kobe out a lot defensively in the back court- could collpase the defense- and wouldnt take up shots....Id Give Rondo a 3 year 36 million dollar deal....

Dragic is gonna cost at least 4 years 75 million- i wouldnt do that- if the Heat give him 5 years 100 they are fools in my book- i dont know what this guy has ever done to prove he is an elite player at his position to warrant that kind of cash- especially since he will be in his mid thirties by the time the K would be over.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if either guy gets a max- 5 years 100+million it would be a mistake for their teams. They would be paying for past performance and not future performance considering the ages of each player.

Heck- Love turned 27 in November and id be hesitant to give him a 5 year deal--- guys that are older than that and play positions that rely on athleticism?

the contract probably works out in year 1 and 2- and maybe if your lucky year 3- but years 4 and 5 could be unmitigated disasters....

If I am the Lakers I think Rondo is a really good fit with an aging Kobe- I think he would help Kobe out a lot defensively in the back court- could collpase the defense- and wouldnt take up shots....Id Give Rondo a 3 year 36 million dollar deal....

Dragic is gonna cost at least 4 years 75 million- i wouldnt do that- if the Heat give him 5 years 100 they are fools in my book- i dont know what this guy has ever done to prove he is an elite player at his position to warrant that kind of cash- especially since he will be in his mid thirties by the time the K would be over.

I like the price you put for Rondo. I agree that he'd be a lot of help defensively. Not just for Kobe, but the team as whole. Both by defending opposing pg's and defending the perimeter. I wouldn't be too upset getting Dragic at the price you mentioned, but would prefer something closer to 4 years $60 million (but he'd likely cost more).

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the price you put for Rondo. I agree that he'd be a lot of help defensively. Not just for Kobe, but the team as whole. Both by defending opposing pg's and defending the perimeter. I wouldn't be too upset getting Dragic at the price you mentioned, but would prefer something closer to 4 years $60 million (but he'd likely cost more).

Rondo doesn't play much defense anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.