• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Golson

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy is looking terrible with all these turnovers right now they deserve to lose the game.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly's offense puts it all on the QB to win. There's no run support because the OL can't get a consistent push. When he's on, he's fun to watch, when he's under duress, it's bend over and grab your ankles. It just seems to me he's lost a bit of confidence. He looks more like 2012 Golson than the guy we saw the first 3 weeks.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, they O-Line needs to do a much better job to help the running game and take pressure off Golson. They have three talented runners which is one thing that makes you scratch your head plus changing the O-Line every week so they had no consistency.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, they O-Line needs to do a much better job to help the running game and take pressure off Golson. They have three talented runners which is one thing that makes you scratch your head plus changing the O-Line every week so they had no consistency.

I think they've settled on their rotation. Problem is Hegarty is just dreadful at center. I think the only reason he's there is Nick Martin injured his hand. If that heals, he might go back to center and Hegarty back to guard. But Hegarty is getting beat badly off the ball. Guys often times are just running right by him. I didn't see Elmer get pushed around too badly today. He played well at guard last year, I think he'll come back around. Stanley is the only one that's shown any consistency and he was beat a few times today.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they've settled on their rotation. Problem is Hegarty is just dreadful at center. I think the only reason he's there is Nick Martin injured his hand. If that heals, he might go back to center and Hegarty back to guard. But Hegarty is getting beat badly off the ball. Guys often times are just running right by him. I didn't see Elmer get pushed around too badly today. He played well at guard last year, I think he'll come back around. Stanley is the only one that's shown any consistency and he was beat a few times today.

Yeah Stanley did get beat but it will happen he's best lineman in the starting rotation.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a short quarterback , a center who is playing poorly and a coach who will not run the ball. That's a bad trifecta. When Golson rolls out it seems to be predominantly to the left so he has to turn and square up against his body. We don't use Koyack and Robinson in a shorter passing game nearly enough. We rarely run a screen play, we rarely run a called run for Golson. How about we get our shit together and allow our defense to take a breath once in awhile. Golson's poor play is directly related to Kelly making some horrible decisions game plan wise.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They threw a lot of screens yesterday, and finally stopped turning the ball over as much once they began using the running game. Most of it comes back to the O-Line's poor play.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They threw a lot of screens yesterday, and finally stopped turning the ball over as much once they began using the running game. Most of it comes back to the O-Line's poor play.

I'd like to see more traditional screens as compared to wide receiver screens. Yah we run a lot of wide receiver screens, that's a play that has worked well but I'd like to see Folston and Bryant get more screens. Fuller did a tremendous job reading his blocks yesterday and was a real playmaker in the open field.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ummm ... IIRC, I only saw two screen plays to our RBs. I don't really count WR screens and those are the ones BK seems to be in love with. That's been my bitch all year ... CALL MORE RB SCREENS ... they actually work when our ponies get the ball in open field! When you have an aggressive, pursuing D like we saw yesterday, screens are the ideal play call to 'prevent' the D from constant pursuit. Golson seemed rushed on nearly every pass play yesterday and was getting beat up unnecessarily, IMO.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy is looking terrible with all these turnovers right now they deserve to lose the game.

Yup ... and one of the main reasons I was telling everyone to stop 'anointing' him when they started talking Heisman for the guy as we hadn't really played anybody or been 'tested' yet. Ok, he played super well in those first three games, then started coming back to Earth. Bottom line is he needs to learn to hold onto the GD ball!

I will say, again, BK is not helping the guy out with his loony, pass-happy & spread option play calling. It drives me insane the absolute mind-numbing plays he sends in to run ... especially on first and second downs! It has become an 'Achilles heel' to this offense and he has nobody else to blame but himself when he tries to get too cute and over thinks shit. This team can run the ball, but he loses patience way too quickly and abandons it. Maddening.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hegarty just flat out stinks. I don't get how we have no one to replace him. Last 2 years we hit on some big time recruits.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully they will run more RB screens with how Folston did. I can't recall how many they threw but I know it was more than normal (RB screens).

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I've said the O-Line was doing a poor job run blocking which has made it difficult to establish the run and put more pressure on the passing game.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully they will run more RB screens with how Folston did. I can't recall how many they threw but I know it was more than normal (RB screens).

Yup ... and you can prolly bet the farm that FSU will be bringing the pressure on us after the blueprint UNC gave them yesterday. If BK doesn't see/realize this, then I'm calling for him to travel back to The Bend courtesy of :shortbus:

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup ... and you can prolly bet the farm that FSU will be bringing the pressure on us after the blueprint UNC gave them yesterday. If BK doesn't see/realize this, then I'm calling for him to travel back to The Bend courtesy of :shortbus:

You can bet your life we will see more than our share of A gap blitzes. It's inevitable, I can only hope we can come up with some answers. I do like the jet sweep and we definitely have to be calling a lot of hot reads to the tight ends.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can bet your life we will see more than our share of A gap blitzes. It's inevitable, I can only hope we can come up with some answers. I do like the jet sweep and we definitely have to be calling a lot of hot reads to the tight ends.

... or fng RB SCREENS! :whistle:

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care what Golson does as long as he does enough to win the game. His record speaks for itself. Notre Dame doesn't win in spite of him they win because of him. He has been making boneheaded mistakes but has also made great plays that have helped his team win. As long as he doesn't screw up and cost Notre Dame a game I will be supportive of him. No Heisman no problem. Just lead your team to victory.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the boneheaded mistakes against FSU will cost them.