• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Golden State Warriors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Finals Thread

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing official (tests tomorrow) but Irving left the arena on crutches. Looks like its back to the version of Cleveland that we saw in the ECF

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing official (tests tomorrow) but Irving left the arena on crutches. Looks like its back to the version of Cleveland that we saw in the ECF

Cleveland is just the most unlucky, fucked sports town there is. I feel really bad for those sports fans, and mad respect for the ones who just keep rooting for their teams.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Shumpert heave at the end of regulation missed by millimeters. That's snakebit shit Cleveland style luck

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland is just the most unlucky, fucked sports town there is. I feel really bad for those sports fans, and mad respect for the ones who just keep rooting for their teams.
I'd be rooting for Cleveland to win the whole thing if they didn't have LeBron.....Im not even a Cavaliers fan and I still cant forgive the guy for doing "The Decision"

bamafan

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be rooting for Cleveland to win the whole thing if they didn't have LeBron.....Im not even a Cavaliers fan and I still cant forgive the guy for doing "The Decision"
if he was not there would they have made the finals?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Love was an UFA?

Like I said, hand picked.

I'm not at all saying James did anything wrong, but if you choose to leave a situation where you have never missed being in the Finals, then you are saying ( no matter what words come out of your mouth), that you feel the new situation is a better chance to win.

Looks to me like some here are already making the reasoning for excuses in case we all know what probably will happen, happens.

Too much bad karma for this to work IMO.
This is Cleveland were talking about.
Disappointment seems to always prevail.

My season long mantra...

Familiar story..?
James wingman crippled with bad knees
James needing to play hero ball and try to win by himself
The Heat had a much older roster every season then what the Cavs have, but never were this beat up.

man up? Your questioned can be answered quite easily. Did you see that post I just had where you called Tristan Thompson, Shumpert, Delly, James Jones and the rest of the Cleveland bench "hot buttered garbage"- it took about 5 minutes for someone to designate that a "winning" post. Go back and look at many of my posts from the last few days- there are numerous LIKES and what not among the Cavs faithful that appreciate me calling out people for their words.

Its all in black and white. Its accountability. People like that apparently.

So..how was that bench last night?
You know, where just 1 more point in regualtion would have gotten you a win in the biggest game of the season.

Delly 0 points -13 +/- in 9 minutes
Jones 0 points -11 +/- in 17 minutes
JR 9 points on 3-13 shooting -8 +/1 in 34 minutes

Then:

Shump 6 points in 34 minutes
Tristan 2 points in 47 minutes , although he did have 15 rebounds..but still

And, are you still banking on the Miller game 'where he hits 7 3's to earn his annual salary'?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if he was not there would they have made the finals?

think the answer's VERY clear there...

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, everyone from the announcers on down clearly saw one major difference. GSW depth was CLEARLY better than the Cavs. imo this is gonna tell the whole story of the finals...

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a damn shame Kyrie is looking as bad as he did after the game on crutches. As I suspected, when he was (somewhat) healthy, we were in for a seriously amazing series. Without him, I don't know that Cleveland has much of a chance. We'd need Smith/Shump/Delly to step up like they never have before.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is a real possibility of Cleveland losing this series and LeBron getting finals MVP.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a damn shame Kyrie is looking as bad as he did after the game on crutches. As I suspected, when he was (somewhat) healthy, we were in for a seriously amazing series. Without him, I don't know that Cleveland has much of a chance. We'd need Smith/Shump/Delly to step up like they never have before.

When your teams hopes come down to JR Smith consistently playing well, you're finished.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chances are that in game 1, we saw the best of James, Kyrie, and Mozgov.

Chances are we saw the worst of Bogut, Klay and Curry...

And the Warriors still won.

City of Cleveland should just shut down all businesses today.
I've been there on days like today.
Everyone down in the dumps.
They'll be discussing the what if's.
Won't be much production going on.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

guess i should ask the Heat fans this question(though i think i pretty much know the answer), does this go down as an "unfortunate error in judgement" by LeBron in making the choice to return to Cleveland...?

also, i agree with you. in all likelihood we saw the Cavs best shot last night and they came up short. so what does this say about the Eastern conference in general...?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You couldnt be more wrong. The Warriors overall played a very good game. James and Kyrie had very good games and Mozgov did scoring, Thompson rebounding.

Warriors got contributions from everyone.

That being said that will be the closest the Cavs get to winning. Kyrie is done and now they have absolutely no depth. You cant win with 3 starters out, they have no depth and the Warriors thrive on depth. Even with Kyrie 100% I knew it would be tough. They had their chances to take that first game but it wouldnt of mattered anyway if Kyrie was hurting.

Kyrie played great, he played toe to toe with Curry. He is just as dangerous as Curry when healthy. Hopefully he can be healthy next year.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guess i should ask the Heat fans this question(though i think i pretty much know the answer), does this go down as an "unfortunate error in judgement" by LeBron in making the choice to return to Cleveland...?

also, i agree with you. in all likelihood we saw the Cavs best shot last night and they came up short. so what does this say about the Eastern conference in general...?

Injuries happen. With a healthy team they take this series, but there is nothing they can do now. The Love injury was a freak one.