• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Going forward into next season

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
“We were as thorough and comprehensive about our situational studies as we’ve been, and the biggest thing we came out of that was we had a lot of self-inflicted mistakes,” Stinespring said. “We’ve got to do a better job of not killing ourselves in the red zone. We left too many points on the field.”

That sure sounds like a wordy way of saying the "we failed to execute" line that the coaches are always throwing around. No not really fellas. It was the playcalling

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
“We were as thorough and comprehensive about our situational studies as we’ve been, and the biggest thing we came out of that was we had a lot of self-inflicted mistakes,” Stinespring said. “We’ve got to do a better job of not killing ourselves in the red zone. We left too many points on the field.”

That sure sounds like a wordy way of saying the "we failed to execute" line that the coaches are always throwing around. No not really fellas. It was the playcalling

Our situational playcalling (3rd long, 3rd short, 4th, goal line, 2 pt coversion, 2 minute, etc.) has been horrible for nearly a decade. The only times we've gotten anything consistent in these type of plays is asking Randall, Vick, Taylor, and Thomas to run around as long as possible until Eddie Royal or Danny Coale become WIDE open, or until the defense gets too tired to chase them to the first or goal line. Atleast we can QB sneak with confidence on short yardage now.

Some people claim to hate everything about the entire offense, but if just the situational plays got better, we'd see a difference on the score board, and sustained and completed drives. I really think most people would lighten up to the rest of the offensive philosophy. How this particular playcalling area gets better, I don't know.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Play to the strengths of the offense and de-emphasize the weaknesses ... Against most defenses, we've never had the lineman to play a "power-running" game .. Spread the field out, mix in some zone-read, and quick slant passes. Nothing wrong with running the ball some but counters and quick sweeps. getting the TE involved enough to "be a threat" would help a lot too. i think the biggest problem is predictability ... everyone knows what we're gonna do 90% of the time we're in the red zone .. spread the field and let out QB make plays

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Play to the strengths of the offense and de-emphasize the weaknesses ... Against most defenses, we've never had the lineman to play a "power-running" game .. Spread the field out, mix in some zone-read, and quick slant passes. Nothing wrong with running the ball some but counters and quick sweeps. getting the TE involved enough to "be a threat" would help a lot too. i think the biggest problem is predictability ... everyone knows what we're gonna do 90% of the time we're in the red zone .. spread the field and let out QB make plays

Yes. Too predictable.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The season can't start soon enough. 3 weeks fellas!! 3 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Terps just lost their QB, CJ Brown, to a season ending knee injury. Good thing they have Danny OBrien as a backup....oh wait.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well, the Terps just lost their QB, CJ Brown, to a season ending knee injury. Good thing they have Danny OBrien as a backup....oh wait.

Diggs decision is looking dumber every day. That is unless he got paid which I think he did

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
That's a bummer for Maryland to lose their starter at this point in the year. Hope he can get healthy and continue his career.

Edsall loves to run the ball though. He's talked about Maryland being different and he'll be more dynamic and the Terps will be more successful, but that's not his style. Being out of quarterbacks will just give him an excuse to go back to his happy place of 60% + running game plan from UConn. In a very weird, back wards way, this might help them as they are forced into their inevitable new identity (late 2000s UConn). Maryland fans will hate it at first, love it for a brief while, then hate it again.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Iezzi ‏@john_iezzi
I don't think we're gonna see much of DJ Coles this season

John Iezzi ‏@john_iezzi
He's working as hard as he can to get back ASAP, just have heard some less than encouraging things about where everything stands right now.

:frusty:

Last edited by a moderator:

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just more time for our Freshmen at WR to gain experience, and we will win the games anyway

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think Dunn and Malleck will have huge seasons in the receiving game.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you. It's nice to see that people are thinking we've got potential, though. I'm optimistic that this could be a very, very good year... but certain things are going to have to break our way, and we'll just have to see. I wouldn't have ranked us that high at this point, but I do think we have a very good chance to end up around there.

Lee_grazie

GO TERPS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diggs decision is looking dumber every day. That is unless he got paid which I think he did

Foozball you are an idiot and a horrible representative for the VT fanbase... I don't come on here and make completely unsupported claims about VT... I respect your school to the uptmost and unless mine gets in trouble for paying players i would suggest you shut your trap!! :gossip:

Lee_grazie

GO TERPS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yeah the situation sucks... but we have two freshman I say let one of those guys grow into the system and in two years my Terps will be fine!! but for rite now hopefully diggs has a Sammy Watkins type year and Brown a herschal walker type on or else were screwed

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hear anyone talking about Ricardo Young, is he behind the true freshmen?

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Observations from Thursday's practice

Some interesting info ... IMO, staff would be crazy to NOT play Stanford this season. With losing 4 WRs (three of them "starters"), we need some on-the-field experience next season. I'm hoping that Knowles and Asante step up and sounds like Meyer may be a good grab too. Definitely sounds like Caleb will be redshirting ... Sounds like DJ Coles's condition is better too. Maybe not ready for the first game (but maybe he is) .. but definitely doesn't sound like it will linger into a possible redshirt.