• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Going forward into next season

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so this is a few days old, but Herbie is picking Florida State to win not only the ACC, but also the BCS National Title... is FSU really good enough to run the table and win it all? and dont use too much VT bias saying things like "they gotta come through us first" etc etc. just try and answer as someone who knows college football well.

rockhead44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see it either. I saw nothing from that team last season to make me think they are ready for such a leap. However, Phil Steele picked them as his #1 team which always gives me pause. Phil knows his stuff. They do have a great schedule in their favor.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU has the talent to be that good, the question is can they stay healthy and can EJ play to the expectations. The defense will be very good. I don't know much about the offense but I know they have speed. I haven't seen anything from EJ to make me think he is an elite QB right now. He has been good but not awe inspiring. If he steps it up this year, they have a shot I think.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Their defense, especially their defensive line, will be one of the best in the country .. but until EJ Manuel lives up to expectations, I don't see it. People can say all they want that he played "well" last season when he wasn't injured .. He was average at best, considering his athletic ability (Boyd the same) ... and rarely will an average QB win you the MNC.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I didn't see too much of Manuel last year but I wasn't impressed with what I saw. If he takes a big step forward then I think FSU will live up to most of the hype at least. Anyway remember last year's preseason favorite was Oklahoma and they lost 3 games

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their defense, especially their defensive line, will be one of the best in the country .. but until EJ Manuel lives up to expectations, I don't see it. People can say all they want that he played "well" last season when he wasn't injured .. He was average at best, considering his athletic ability (Boyd the same) ... and rarely will an average QB win you the MNC.

Bama and LSU have done it recently

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I almost mentioned those two in my original post ... McCarron played well last year. McElroy was good ENOUGH ... plus both of those teams had ELITE defenses, and good (if not great) running games with great OLs. FSU's offense, in general, hasn't proven anything ... They'll be good, but not LSU or Bama defense good

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt, I moved your post to the VT-GT thread.

Don't mean to be a dick, but did you maybe mean to move this one instead?

We've barely beaten GT the last two years, and lost 3 years ago. We basically can't win the Coastal without winning this game. And losing on national tv again would fuckin suck

The one you moved had a lot of non-GT questions...

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect FSU and VT to be the best teams in the ACC this year. Clemson lost too much on both lines and was overrated last year (thanks in large part to our performances). They'll be a top 20 team, but FSU and VT are probably both top 10 quality.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Stanford is going to play this year and wear number 5... For one, Tyrod aka Ty-god should have his number retired. Secondly, Stanford better not bring shame upon that number. Tygod is my favorite Hokie

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Stanford is going to play this year and wear number 5... For one, Tyrod aka Ty-god should have his number retired. Secondly, Stanford better not bring shame upon that number. Tygod is my favorite Hokie

We don't retire numbers anymore, we retire jerseys. I mean we have a #7.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford doesn't seem like a guy you'll be disappointed in.

Last edited by a moderator:

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is there someone else that wanted number 2? And also, any word on Caleb red-shirting?

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Anytime a true freshman gets on the field at VT it's a big deal. They're probably going to turn out to be good to very good and Stanford and Edmunds are close to doing it in normal situations where there is some depth. The DB situation this year is a little different. The players aren't forcing their way onto the field as much as they are being forced

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning would have played this year whether or not Farrow and Hosley left or not. We have played true freshmen at DB for the last 3-4 years.

It started with Macho and moved forward from there. Gray is the best position coach on our team.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, josh stanford is amazing. You can tell he lived on Canada for much longer than he did Atlanta. Caleb also is pretty well spoken, and he certainly looks the part as well. He has the talking style kind of like some of the guys at the player haters ball on chappelles show.