• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Going forward into next season

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not sure what to make of him other than he's probably a total mystery. I've read that he could be very good but also that he's struggled quite a bit so far. And on SVP and Russillo today, Danny Kannell mentioned when he visited OSU that Mack Brown told Urban "you're really struggling with the back up QB" and Urban agreed.

What I'm hoping for is he's as green as Brown saw because that'll give us a chance. The Buckeyes will still ne nasty on D but hopefully Bud's boys give Barrett fits. Then it'll just be a muck it up game and give us the chance to steal it. When Miller was healthy I figured we'd have a 15% to 20% chance of winning. Now I say its up to 40. They're still a tough team and being at Columbus makes it very difficult but we could have a good shot at it.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what to make of him other than he's probably a total mystery. I've read that he could be very good but also that he's struggled quite a bit so far. And on SVP and Russillo today, Danny Kannell mentioned when he visited OSU that Mack Brown told Urban "you're really struggling with the back up QB" and Urban agreed.

What I'm hoping for is he's as green as Brown saw because that'll give us a chance. The Buckeyes will still ne nasty on D but hopefully Bud's boys give Barrett fits. Then it'll just be a muck it up game and give us the chance to steal it. When Miller was healthy I figured we'd have a 15% to 20% chance of winning. Now I say its up to 40. They're still a tough team and being at Columbus makes it very difficult but we could have a good shot at it.

Could be a 13-10 type game

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm afraid it's too early in the season for that.

Mistakes will be made, which means scores will need to happen.

Mistakes will be made by likely by the weaker side of the ball which will be the offenses for both teams.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget special teams. Points will be a premium so we need a solid PK'er and Punting / Coverage unit which has been our undoing at times for the last couple of years. It sounds like anyone new or veteran that can be a play maker this year will be on ST so hopefully we will have some game changing moments happen in our favor this year.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jebus.

Thanks for the all-expenses-paid trip to Jinx City. That reads like my idiotic "We Can Still Win It All" post I wrote right before we lost to Duke last year.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, don't ever do that again.

I don't think anyone in this forum expects us to be in the play-off. But it's nice to see some love sent our way - especially when many analysts out there appear to side with us being more of a cream puff for the competition than a team that has the ability to make some noise from a Top 25 national perception.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just in time for the big recruiting visits coming up! :clap:

Last edited by a moderator:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with it. I just hope he has the presence of mind to not pull a Paterno or Bowden and keep sticking around even though its clear its time for everyone to move on.

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WR_M9b6QDuk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as he is a coach, and not just a figure head, we're good. I like the staff changes that are still happening, and it seems like Whit knows what's up.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm fine with it. I just hope he has the presence of mind to not pull a Paterno or Bowden and keep sticking around even though its clear its time for everyone to move on.

I agree.

Babcock has an interesting job, because you want to keep all the assistants and give them a chance to get the team firing on all cylinders. Loeffler's offense deserves a chance to take hold.

I think the coaching is solid, so the only real question I have is with recruiting. I still can't figure out how London has picked up some of the recruits he has, and I'd like to see VT more dominant in that area. VT's coaching staff needs at least one guy who can sell ice to Eskimos...

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still feel like he'll retire before the end of the contract anyway. Part of me feels like its just a goodwill gesture to show everyone else that things are perfectly stable at VT.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I still feel like he'll retire before the end of the contract anyway. Part of me feels like its just a goodwill gesture to show everyone else that things are perfectly stable at VT.

That's what I'm thinking/hoping. Let him go out on his own terms. He deserves that, with the caveat that he realizes when it's time to go.

They may need someone else to coach special teams, though, because it's not what it used to be.