• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gme #7- Virginia Tech at Wake Forest

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
some stuff from darryl slaters twitter.

Wiles is not optimistic about Gayle playing saturday.

Gayle says its still Kinda hard to run, but that he has made strides since miami and will try and play.

Branthover will be the punter.

Brooks was in blue today.

We allowed 9 20+ yard plays against miami, had only allowed 17 in previous 5 games.

The severity of JGW injury is yet to be determined. <--- Most likely out for year though:pout:

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
OT:
LT's grade for clemson 86
LT's grade for Miami 89

Explain???

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some stuff from darryl slaters twitter.

Wiles is not optimistic about Gayle playing saturday.

Gayle says its still Kinda hard to run, but that he has made strides since miami and will try and play.

Branthover will be the punter.

Brooks was in blue today.

We allowed 9 20+ yard plays against miami, had only allowed 17 in previous 5 games.

The severity of JGW injury is yet to be determined. <--- Most likely out for year though:pout:

so who do we have at whip now? tweedy and nick dew?

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OT:
LT's grade for clemson 86
LT's grade for Miami 89

Explain???

Well... um... when he...

... so...

... in the Clemson game he... uh...

and then... in the Miami game...

yah, I got nothing too.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Tweedy and then Dew, however I expect a LOT of nickel, with Fuller and Hill on the field.

^ thats what i figure too.

BTW do any of you know the alignment when we play a 3 man front? We played it a few times late against Miami but i never payed attention to who was in the game. My DVR missed the game:mad: and the replay had a lot of the game edited out so i couldnt figure it out there either.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ thats what i figure too.

BTW do any of you know the alignment when we play a 3 man front? We played it a few times late against Miami but i never payed attention to who was in the game. My DVR missed the game:mad: and the replay had a lot of the game edited out so i couldnt figure it out there either.

It is going to be replayed on ESPNU tomorrow at 1 p.m. I believe. I already set it to record because it is a 3-hour version, unlike the 2-hour version I recorded after the game (which the four-letter genuises edited out every play out of our winning drive except LT's 19-yard run, and they edited out DW's TD catch right before the half).

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not too worried about this game. Honestly I think we should win it with a decent cushion (10 to 14 pts) provided both sides of the ball play to their capabilities.

BTW, am I missing something on JGW? Everywhere I go, people seem to be making a big deal that he's hurt. I mean, he's a serviceable player, but I don't think he's THAT good. It's not like he's Cody Grimm or Xavier Adibi out there tackling everything that moves. There's enough LB/ROV talent to fill the void. I'd be far more concerned losing Gayle for an extended period of time than JGW. Again, I don't want to sound like I'm trashing the kid but it seems like people are overreacting.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm not too worried about this game. Honestly I think we should win it with a decent cushion (10 to 14 pts) provided both sides of the ball play to their capabilities.

BTW, am I missing something on JGW? Everywhere I go, people seem to be making a big deal that he's hurt. I mean, he's a serviceable player, but I don't think he's THAT good. It's not like he's Cody Grimm or Xavier Adibi out there tackling everything that moves. There's enough LB/ROV talent to fill the void. I'd be far more concerned losing Gayle for an extended period of time than JGW. Again, I don't want to sound like I'm trashing the kid but it seems like people are overreacting.

I wasnt a big fan of JGW last year, but IMO he is playing pretty decent this year. I dont know his #'s but i remember being really surprised how good he was playing early on. Tweedy is prob a better overall athlete and will be better in coverage but JGW is better in run support + and its hard to make up for the reps he's had.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing JGW will hurt us some in the run because now our Whip position just got a heck of a lot smaller. Tweedy is very fast and a good tackler but has some issues shedding bigger blockers. In addition, whip is a spot where you have to read and react A LOT and experience is key there, and JGW has it. I think he will be fine but he may make some mistakes early which could hurt, as our defense funnels a lot of plays toward him. He is a smart player though and will get better as he plays there more. I don't know much about Dew's progression, so someone else will have to fill that in.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is from ESPN's midseason all american team. That doesn't look good.

Guard
Joe Looney, Wake Forest
The school with the smallest enrollment among FBS schools has one of the sport's biggest offensive lines. The Demon Deacons' five offensive linemen weigh an average of 314 pounds, and Looney is one of the biggest at 320. He was the team's highest-rated lineman in each of the first five games and leads in knockdown blocks during a 4-1 start.

On a side note I was extremely disappointed Delmer was not on the list as the punter
Midseason All-Americans - college football - ESPN

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody know where I can find a stream to Saturday's game? Will vtphreak have one maybe?

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im going with ESPN3 not sure about phreak or any of the other outlets.

For some reason I can't get ESPN3, has something to do with my Internet service provider. So I'm really hoping I can find a stream somewhere.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phreak will have a stream... from his twitter (worth following if you have one... I finally broke down to follow Collin Campbell, Daryl Slater and some other Hokie tweeters) -

@VTPhreak4evr VTPhreak
Just tested out my ESPNThree stream...everything looks/works good...should be ready to go Saturday.

Looks like he's giving out a login for remote access to ESPN3...

@VTPhreak4evr VTPhreak
For this Saturday's game...in substitution/addition of a stream, I have login info to give out to gain remote access for ESPN3

He usually posts the link to his stream on the twitter page... He might move around the address to avoid ever-present copyright watchdogs, but the last one was posted to - http://vtforlife.com/

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you should read too much into Wake having a huge offensive line. They're different from Miami's OL in that Miami uses their size to blow up holes for their explosive RBs. Wake doesn't have nearly as good as running game. They may be big, but how are they in pass protection? Foster can come up with some unique ways to get pressure on the QB. Plus, even the best OL can't hold protect the QB forever so if our secondary stays disciplined in coverage (I'm looking at you Whitley), we can get some coverage sacks as well