• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gme #7- Virginia Tech at Wake Forest

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's got to be a joke in there somewhere about his shoe overshadowing the WF logo in the background. I'll leave the wittiness to you fellers.

The sweet damn run he had tonight as he lost his shoe?? That was nice!!! Great game tonight! Got started slow..Pulled it together..a solid W. Wilson had a very good night and so did LT..after he got settled down. Foster made his adjustments and the D looked good. Aint gonna lie, was a bit worried at 10-0, but I am glad we was able to get it together. Think we should be in good shape going into the the next month..

and on a sidenote..how 'bout them hoos?? I think they and the U helped us out a bit tonight..

Go HOKIES!!!

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a game. I am very impressed with what I saw on both sides of the ball, especially after shaky starts. The D actually stepped up and played better after Hosley got injured. My favorite parts were when we didnt turn the ball over the entire game and the defense stepping on the money down (3rd down). Wake went 1 for 13. I guess the only negative things were that boneheaded penalty that led to a Wake TD instead of a FG. That was inexcuseable. And the Myer kickoff out of bounds. Thats a no-no.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I haven't had a chance to watch a replay, but I have some thoughts and questions:

-This was Wake's Homecoming game. WTF? The crowd thinned out after half time too. Weird all around.
-The Wake TD in the first half: what happened? It looked to me like Hosely gave up on the play, but I never saw him after that. Post game said he was injured.
-Gotta admit that I got nervous in the first quarter. The staff and players really showed some poise to correct things. It was a good and balanced performance from that point on.
-Wake seemed significantly more athletic to me. Last year, besides Harris, I saw a huge difference in athletic ability with Wake Forest. We made them look slow. This year, I thought their skill players stayed with us much better. We were still the better team, but they belonged with us. I take it that this athletisism is part of the reason for their team improvement.
-Logan Thomas really worked well with Boykin. I think they saw a mismatch and exploited it. Logan is improving, and this was a solid performance.
-David Wilson had some great runs. He's now above 900 yards on the year in seven games! I was also happy to see Oglesby get more carries. I know he lacks the stats, but I think Oglesby has something important to offer this team. Until we see that, resting Wilson is always a good idea when we can afford it.
-Defense was solid. I was worried about injuries, but I think we have some solid guys that will continue to step up for us. Didn't like the long touchdown pass in the first though.
-Special teams was solid. Branthover is improving, and had a good day. He's the field position asset that balances our offense and defense. I've noticed that Meyer always has about one bad kickoff per game. I also want to note that I prefer Danny Coale at Punt Return. He takes what they give him. Hosely is better when the opponent outkicks coverage, but our opponents have been very careful this season.
-I don't think Wake Forest is all that great. Yes, as noted, I think they are improved and more athletic. However, I just don't see them making too much of a fuss in the big picture of the ACC. With that said, I will take a solid win, more questions answered, and noticeble improvement from week to week. We are inching our way closer to where our team needs to be!

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Danny Coale at PR as well. Hosley seems to bounce around a lot and lose yardage trying to do a big return. Coale seems to pick up yards almost every play. He's definitively one of those deceptive runners. He looks slow but has great speed.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if this will work or get me in trouble. It's an unlisted youtube link (Phreak's highlights). I love these. I missed a huge part of this game because I had some interwebnets trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if this will work or get me in trouble. It's an unlisted youtube link (Phreak's highlights). I love these. I missed a huge part of this game because I had some interwebnets trouble.

Won't find it on the stat sheet, looks like Collins had a GREAT read on a slip screen that led to Wilson getting the sack. Around 2:36 or so in the vid. Nice play.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I haven't had a chance to watch a replay, but I have some thoughts and questions:

-The Wake TD in the first half: what happened? It looked to me like Hosely gave up on the play, but I never saw him after that. Post game said he was injured.

Hosley had missed two practices this past week with a hamstring injury. It's something that has plaqued his his entire career. The problem with hamstrings is that they are difficult to provide a prognosis because they need rest. I've had problems with them too and I'll rest, then test it out, and feel fine, only to have it strain again. I'm sure he told the trainers and coaches he was fine and they can only go off his reactions.

If you have a chance to watch the replay, you'll see Hosley come up lame and grab for the hamstring. I doubt you'll see him play this week.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love the David Wilson's run at 15:20. Runs right out of his own shoe.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hosley had missed two practices this past week with a hamstring injury. It's something that has plaqued his his entire career. The problem with hamstrings is that they are difficult to provide a prognosis because they need rest. I've had problems with them too and I'll rest, then test it out, and feel fine, only to have it strain again. I'm sure he told the trainers and coaches he was fine and they can only go off his reactions.

If you have a chance to watch the replay, you'll see Hosley come up lame and grab for the hamstring. I doubt you'll see him play this week.

He sure did..at first I thought he just flat out got burned on that play but he did grab for the hammy at about the 10yl. I don't think he should play at all this week, and maybe next week (vs. Duke) if he isn't a sure fire 100%. Same goes for Gayle. Not taking anything away from BC or The Dookies, but we should be able to handle them w/out our semi-injured guys. Get these guys healthy for the bye week leading up to GT. We will need everyone healthy for the last 3-4 game stretch (hopefully to include another crack at Clemson).

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Thanks. I'm sure it will be more clear to watch the replay. From my seat, I couldn't really tell what happened there. Hopefully Hosley is resting up.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Thanks. I'm sure it will be more clear to watch the replay. From my seat, I couldn't really tell what happened there. Hopefully Hosley is resting up.

I didn't catch it on the live feed either, but was completely surprised he got burned that badly. When they announced he was hurt, it made sense since he slowed down after getting beat and sure enough, you see him grab his leg.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to admit, my first reaction was Hosley was faking it because he got toasted.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I have to admit, my first reaction was Hosley was faking it because he got toasted.

HA! that was mine also, actually Mrs. Hunzworth pointed out that he grabbed his hammy and i laughed and said all DB's do that after they get burnt.