• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gme #7- Virginia Tech at Wake Forest

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Rough start but you got to love the way they hung in there!

*Im with you 46 Bonner played a hell of a game!

hokiehighsuperfly

I Go By Many Names
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why did we keep our starters in for the defense? We are thin enough, why not pull them out when the game is over?

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly im not concerned about this game whatsoever. we have always matched up really well against wake even when they were fairly successful 4 or 5 years ago. i forsee a sizable victory on saturday. 38-13 hokies.

well, i had it right if we didnt get the damn illegal sub penalty...lol

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see another solid performance on offense and the defense looked good overall. slow start but we made adjustments and LT's decision making and accuracy got better. He had 2 long balls that he over threw early but he did well. The only thing he really needs to be careful of is the throw on the slant. He tends to throw those high.

hokiecat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see another solid performance on offense and the defense looked good overall. slow start but we made adjustments and LT's decision making and accuracy got better. He had 2 long balls that he over threw early but he did well. The only thing he really needs to be careful of is the throw on the slant. He tends to throw those high.

I like the overthrows on the long ball. My complaint on LT until last week is he had a great arm and was a lousy QB. Until the UM game he consistently threw late so the ball was either behind his receiver on a crossing route or "underthrown" for a 50/50 on a long ball. It seemed like all he could complete in the first 5 games was a slant, screen, or comeback. He's really been airing it out the last 2 games and I'll take the overthrows as long as he is making quicker decisions. (And he's also making good decisions).

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
^ I think it all comes back to the early parts of the miami game. Whether it be playcalling or whatever, he got really comfortable then and has built some confidence. We came out flat tonight and i was worried that last week was just a fluke but coming back from 10-0 gave me a little more confidence in our offense.

* BTW what a game by boykin!
* also good to hear McCray's name called a few time tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The freshmen Maddy and Marshall stepped up and played very well too. We are going to have a very good DL in the next couple seasons.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Thomas actually did a better job against Wake Forest than Miami. Miami he had mostly easy throws against soft coverage. Wake Forest had DBs jumping short routes, so it was much harder defense to throw on. He looked pretty good throwing the long ball even through he missed a few.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great last three quarters. We couldn't do diddlypoo in the first, but I guess if you're going to lay an egg, best to make it early.

Anybody heard anything on Hosley?
With all the injuries, our second teamers are doing a good job of stepping up. Helps for depth and for the future. Still, wish we weren't getting so many people hurt on D.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hosley will be fine. He tweaked it earlier in the week and then just retweaked it. He should be fine for BC, though hopefully we will not need him.

Great to hear. Thanks for posting that. I also had the same conundrum as many others today. I wanted GT to lose, but not to UVa. Ugh.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just thought about something. The bye week strikes again for GT. How many times have they lost when a team has more than a week to prepare for that O? A lot, but geez, you wouldn't think UVa would be able to do it too. Glad we have a long week to prepare for them.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. So I stole this pic from TSL, but thought it was too good not to share it. I love this picture, but I loved the run even better.

i

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's got to be a joke in there somewhere about his shoe overshadowing the WF logo in the background. I'll leave the wittiness to you fellers.