• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Geoff Ward death watch

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spoken like a guy who looks at funny pictures and sculptures. You better watch yourself around these parts talking that art mess.
It's been 3 years since I've gone to the Egyptian exhibit at the Met and I think this is the longest I've ever gone without going there. I miss it.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been 3 years since I've gone to the Egyptian exhibit at the Met and I think this is the longest I've ever gone without going there. I miss it.

Yeah I love museums too, that's what I miss the most about NYC I think. My ex-wife almost always got us free admission to some of them too depending on what bank she was working for at the time.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, the answer is pretty simple. Re-uniting guys that have had success in the past. I know Ward is trying to spread some skill through the forward ranks, but he's destroying chemistry in the process. Just do the following:

Put Lindholm back with #13 and #23
Re-unite Backlund with Tkachuk
Either have Dube with Backlund and Tkachuk on the 2nd line or on a 3rd line with Bennett and Lucic.
4th line can be whomever is left (I thought Ritchie was pretty good last night).

Defense pairings look fine (Nesterov looked shaky last night though).

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
To me, the answer is pretty simple. Re-uniting guys that have had success in the past. I know Ward is trying to spread some skill through the forward ranks, but he's destroying chemistry in the process. Just do the following:

Put Lindholm back with #13 and #23
Re-unite Backlund with Tkachuk
Either have Dube with Backlund and Tkachuk on the 2nd line or on a 3rd line with Bennett and Lucic.
4th line can be whomever is left (I thought Ritchie was pretty good last night).

Defense pairings look fine (Nesterov looked shaky last night though).
for goalies:

1. tie Marky to the net when he plays
2. give him a day off every now and then

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Duhatschek wrote an article just a little over a year ago in the Athletic that basically talks about going to a tried-and-true formula with the top two lines being the following:

Gaudreau-Monahan-Lindholm
Tkachuk-Backlund-Mangiapane

The article goes on to say that success was pretty much immediate once these lines were put back together. All I can say is Geoff, what are you waiting for?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Brad, this team is quitting on the head coach because they have no confidence in him. In the words of Jeff Paterson, do something!

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Brad, this team is quitting on the head coach because they have no confidence in him. In the words of Jeff Paterson, do something!

:whistle:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Jarmo, watch this situation and then draw parallels in what's happening in your own room.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think Brad has the backing to fire another coach without getting canned himself. Which might be the best thing anyway. He isn’t very good at this.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think Brad has the backing to fire another coach without getting canned himself. Which might be the best thing anyway. He isn’t very good at this.

Why he gave Ward two years I'll never know. The biggest miss though (and I can't really fault him for this pick is how Sam Bennett turned out. He's the highest draft pick in Flames history and he's turned out to be a 3rd line/4th line center.

/The Hamonic trade was a disaster as well

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why he gave Ward two years I'll never know. The biggest miss though (and I can't really fault him for this pick is how Sam Bennett turned out. He's the highest draft pick in Flames history and he's turned out to be a 3rd line/4th line center.

/The Hamonic trade was a disaster as well
Why was the Hamonic trade a disaster? I think he was pretty much exactly what he was in NYI. And likewise, how Bennett turned out isn’t really on him. Not like he reached with that pick and not like the talent isn’t there, just something going on there where the player either doesn’t give his all or there’s a big fit problem with the rest of the roster. Just sucks looking at guys taken after him. It’s the rare miss because he did pretty well otherwise with his first rounders.

I think Treliving did okay overall but lack of a goalie killed him in the early years and his staff selection is killing him now. Eventually you gotta try something different.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
The biggest miss though (and I can't really fault him for this pick) is how Sam Bennett turned out. He's the highest draft pick in Flames history and he's turned out to be a 3rd line/4th line center.
fuckin' guy couldn't even do a pull up.

Red Flag Dating GIF by ABC Network

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team wore Blasty tonight and tonight Geoff Ward was blasty-ed out from behind the bench.