• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT 6/27 Dogs @ Timmeh's

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm, you do realize you are a game late don't you? :) ¡EZ ALL GOOD!

Best GDT I can remember, thanks. I was listening to Vin etal, while delivering mail in the hills of Brentwood, with a smile on my face all friggin day!

Go back one page further. My call was in reference to the Dodger game.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So how many games in a row will Timmy have to pitch before the blogosphere begins to criticize Sabean for not locking him up when he was struggling?

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Aw c'mon. You don't think they will be in it to the end with Kemp back and whoever they pick up?

My answer depends on "whoever they pickup," but, if forced to make a prediction, I'd say I don't expect them to be a factor down the stretch. Is there enough capital in their farm system to trade for an impact player or two?

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
My answer depends on "whoever they pickup," but, if forced to make a prediction, I'd say I don't expect them to be a factor down the stretch. Is there enough capital in their farm system to trade for an impact player or two?

For a rental? Yes, but it would literally lop off the head of their farm. They have Evoldi, Lee, and Webster, with all but Lee ranked in the high 90s. And, Lee and Webster are kind of clunking it up this year with both rocking 4+ ERAs. They don't have that one Quality guy like Wheeler, so they'll have to go with quantity.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how many games in a row will Timmy have to pitch before the blogosphere begins to criticize Sabean for not locking him up when he was struggling?

Great question. Put another way, when will the inflection point between "Sabean is an idiot for not trading Timmy last offseason for a BAT" and "Sabean is an idiot for not locking Timmy up for 7 years/35MM in June" occur?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Probably not two. The good news for the doyers is that they're heavy in pitching. Two top notch prospects in Zach Lee (who I think is going to be very good) and Allen Webster -- both RHP. Not much hitting outside of Pederson, who isn't a blue chipper. The bad news is that their most tradeable prospect is now in the rotation (Eovaldi) and they're looking to be buyers, not sellers.

My guess is that the market is going to demand more than the doyers can reasonably give up. Looking at their roster, they need help at 3B, SS, 1B and SP. I'm figuring about 8 teams are going to for sure be sellers: KC, MIN, OAK, SEA, HOU, CHC, COL, and SD. Here's who might interest the doyers, and probably will be availabe --

KC -- Paulino SP
MIN -- Plouffe 3B
OAK -- Colon SP, McCarthy SP
SEA -- nada
HOU -- Lowrie SS, Lee 1B, Rodriguez SP
CHC -- LaHair 1B, Dempster SP
COL -- Scutaro SS, Helton 1B
SD -- Headley 3B, Richard SP, Volquez SP

Bolded are the guys I figure will cost a lot. Any of those guys are going to take Zach Lee plus. The doyers don't have anyone really appealing on their ML roster that they'd give up (e.g. Eovaldi). So it's going to be Zach Lee plus (Webster or Reed or Gould or taking on a good chunk of change).

I'm hoping the Gs look into Mijares from the Royals, but I've a feeling if SabeySabes calls they won't answer anyway.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It took some time but he is getting confident again, learning to pitch without the ++ velocity. Really good to see.

Not to be Debbie Downer but he did do it vs the weak hitting As and the weaker hitting injury riddled Dodgers...we'll know he's really back when he shuts down some good lineups. But these games were perfect for him to get back on the horse.

I dunno if he's had that ++ velocity for seasons now. It's location and consistency, he's still had the stuff.

But I totally agree. It's still start to start until he proves he's Timmy the Ace.

As far as the injuries go, every team gets hit with em. If your team is not built to sustain a few injuries during the season, you're askin for trouble.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aw c'mon. You don't think they will be in it to the end with Kemp back and whoever they pick up?

Anything is possible.
I think a better question would be with Kemp and Ethier out, do you think the dogs can hold ground?

That lineup looks eerily like the 2008 Giants lineup.

The Giants just took first after enduring losses to their closer, starting 2B, their Ace, their defense and growing pains of the Brandons.

I think the early struggles and injuries made them even stronger as Blanco and Arias have proved their worth when given an opportunity.

Id watch out for AZ.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
marichal.jpg

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Can you imagine what scouts would say about him today if he were eligible for the draft?

You thought Timmeh fell due to mechanics...

Unorthodox delivery, consistency is questionable, handles a bat well....

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Anything is possible.
I think a better question would be with Kemp and Ethier out, do you think the dogs can hold ground?

That lineup looks eerily like the 2008 Giants lineup.

The Giants just took first after enduring losses to their closer, starting 2B, their Ace, their defense and growing pains of the Brandons.

I think the early struggles and injuries made them even stronger as Blanco and Arias have proved their worth when given an opportunity.

Id watch out for AZ.

All-star break is coming at a good time for the dodgers.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Great question. Put another way, when will the inflection point between "Sabean is an idiot for not trading Timmy last offseason for a BAT" and "Sabean is an idiot for not locking Timmy up for 7 years/35MM in June" occur?

:lol: That's putting it exactly the way it is.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
L.A. Times writers in full pantshat mode over the "choking dogs". Reading it reminds me of the ESPN Giants MB. :heh:

(guys, you were/are without your best hitter for a long time with a very shitty lineup and it's stil before the AS Break.....calm down)

Last edited by a moderator:

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Probably not two. The good news for the doyers is that they're heavy in pitching. Two top notch prospects in Zach Lee (who I think is going to be very good) and Allen Webster -- both RHP. Not much hitting outside of Pederson, who isn't a blue chipper. The bad news is that their most tradeable prospect is now in the rotation (Eovaldi) and they're looking to be buyers, not sellers.

My guess is that the market is going to demand more than the doyers can reasonably give up. Looking at their roster, they need help at 3B, SS, 1B and SP. I'm figuring about 8 teams are going to for sure be sellers: KC, MIN, OAK, SEA, HOU, CHC, COL, and SD. Here's who might interest the doyers, and probably will be availabe --

KC -- Paulino SP
MIN -- Plouffe 3B
OAK -- Colon SP, McCarthy SP
SEA -- nada
HOU -- Lowrie SS, Lee 1B, Rodriguez SP
CHC -- LaHair 1B, Dempster SP
COL -- Scutaro SS, Helton 1B
SD -- Headley 3B, Richard SP, Volquez SP

Bolded are the guys I figure will cost a lot. Any of those guys are going to take Zach Lee plus. The doyers don't have anyone really appealing on their ML roster that they'd give up (e.g. Eovaldi). So it's going to be Zach Lee plus (Webster or Reed or Gould or taking on a good chunk of change).

I'm hoping the Gs look into Mijares from the Royals, but I've a feeling if SabeySabes calls they won't answer anyway.

The dodgers system seems a little deeper than the Giants, at the moment. But their ML is old in comparison. I think I'd save my bullets, maybe even turn into a seller - Hairston could fetch a good prospect or two given the dearth of MI talent in the league.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
L.A. Times writers in full pantshat mode over the "choking dogs". Reading it reminds me of the ESPN Giants MB. :heh:

(guys, you were/are without your best hitter for a long time with a very shitty lineup and it's stil before the AS Break.....calm down)

I guess they're ragging on Uribe.......which reminds me that he looks like his power is completely gone. He took some good swings yesterday, seemed to make good contact, but the ball only went to mid-outfield depth.

Last edited by a moderator:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do not agree.

Signed,

Brian Wilson
Freddy Sanchez
Eric Surkamp
Dan Runzler
Aubrey Huff

The last 3 on that list wouldn't even make the roster if they were healthy, so we can ignore them.

Yes Wilson, yes Sanchez. Compared to last year's Poseycaust we are pretty healthy. Also compared to the Dodgers. Losing Kemp for 6 weeks is losing more WAR than that whole list (with the negative WAR of the last 3 offsetting some of the positive WAR of the other 2...also let's consider that Wilson's replacement is as good as he is, and Sanchez's isn't much worse)

I'm just saying, lighten up, 2012 is not a year we can say the Giants are overly burdened with injuries. We have had a couple, fine. As someone upthread said, you gotta be able to withstand a few. The Dodgers I think will get back in it when they get healthy. But who knows.