• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gary Patterson has got a big fuggin problem with Art Briles and how he runs Baylor

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmm.....i seem to remember patterson jumping around all excited when tank carder pulled that same shit with brett smith

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, you have a short memory. Your comment follows.

Now do you understand? ... I'm guessing you won't understand the relevance.

I believe you are mistaken, fella. Go ahead and look at the clock in both games. Being down by 4 with a little over 10 second to go is a lot more difficult to navigate than being down 1 with over half a minute left. I'll let you do the math to figure out why.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you being serious? They were #1 all year and steamrolled everyone on their schedule including 3 ranked teams, except for one upset vs. Michigan State. Florida State got the nod despite losing far worse against a team that was pretty much the same as Michigan State, however they lost earlier in the year which is literally the only thing that put them in the NCG. They had at very least a strong argument, and that's undeniable.

Florida St beat 3 top 15 teams while you beat zero. It's really not even close between the two. Not to mention Florida St was on a top 5 EOY ranking streak that has never been matched. John Cooper couldn't even beat his rival most years. It wasn't even close really. You even fell behind Kansas St that year in the final BCS rankings. Why did Ohio St deserve to ranked over Tennessee in the first place most of the year? Answer that question considering they had just had 4 years of great success with Peyton Manning and had played a better schedule? Benefit of the doubt maybe?

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida St beat 3 top 15 teams while you beat zero. It's really not even close between the two. Not to mention Florida St was on a top 5 EOY ranking streak that has never been matched. John Cooper couldn't even beat his rival most years. It wasn't even close really. You even fell behind Kansas St that year in the final BCS rankings. Why did Ohio St deserve to ranked over Tennessee in the first place most of the year? Answer that question considering they had just had 4 years of great success with Peyton Manning and had played a better schedule? Benefit of the doubt maybe?

OSU beat one top 15 team (Michigan), but hey, why let facts bog down your hate? Also, did you know rankings go to 25? So why try and manipulate that? Did you also know FSU got their shit pushed in by a mediocre NC State team while OSU was upset in the final minutes? Probably not.

They deserved to be ranked ahead of Tennessee because Peyton Manning was gone and they were breaking in a new QB, and it wasn't like they were winning national titles with him, so what is the relevance of even bringing that up? Are you honestly trying to imply that anytime anything good ever happens for OSU, it's only because of "benefit of the doubt"? Do you even know what the phrase means? It's becoming very clear that you don't.

You're beyond ignorant if you don't see how they had an argument. I proved you wrong, end of discussion. I guess I'll remember not to take a jab at Baylor, it gets Longhorn fans up in arms and I end up wasting my time having to correct your collective errors.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe you are mistaken, fella. Go ahead and look at the clock in both
games. Being down by 4 with a little over 10 second to go is a lot more
difficult to navigate than being down 1 with over half a minute left. I'll let
you do the math to figure out why.

Yep, I was right, you don't get it. You'll notice that bocomo agrees with me and that was before your comment.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU beat one top 15 team (Michigan), but hey, why let facts bog down your hate? Also, did you know rankings go to 25? So why try and manipulate that? Did you also know FSU got their shit pushed in by a mediocre NC State team while OSU was upset in the final minutes? Probably not.

They deserved to be ranked ahead of Tennessee because Peyton Manning was gone and they were breaking in a new QB, and it wasn't like they were winning national titles with him, so what is the relevance of even bringing that up? Are you honestly trying to imply that anytime anything good ever happens for OSU, it's only because of "benefit of the doubt"? Do you even know what the phrase means? It's becoming very clear that you don't.

You're beyond ignorant if you don't see how they had an argument. I proved you wrong, end of discussion. I guess I'll remember not to take a jab at Baylor, it gets Longhorn fans up in arms and I end up wasting my time having to correct your collective errors.

Michigan was not ranked top 15 in the final BCS rankings. Wisconsin was, but you guys didn't play them.

Ohio St wasn't winning national titles either guy.

Benefit of the doubt in the context I used it is when teams have similar resumes one team always ending up on the right side of the argument.

Florida St prior to the bowls had a much stronger resume that Ohio St in 1998. Kansas St did too for that matter.

You've proved nobody wrong anywhere except in your own head. Ohio St has never been screwed out of a national title shot. Sorry, you just don't have any reason to act like the victim you have tried to portray this year.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU was a failed 2 point try from getting beat by Michigan?
This might explain his defensiveness. Clearly his team didn't show much defense on Saturday.

A UT fan dares joke about another team's defensive woes? :laugh3:

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan was not ranked top 15 in the final BCS rankings. Wisconsin was, but you guys didn't play them.

Ohio St wasn't winning national titles either guy.

Benefit of the doubt in the context I used it is when teams have similar resumes one team always ending up on the right side of the argument.

Florida St prior to the bowls had a much stronger resume that Ohio St in 1998. Kansas St did too for that matter.

You've proved nobody wrong anywhere except in your own head. Ohio St has never been screwed out of a national title shot. Sorry, you just don't have any reason to act like the victim you have tried to portray this year.

Didn't say BCS, Michigan was top 15 in both other polls.

Never said they were, but that doesn't prove your point in any way.

In 1998, FSU and OSU had extremely similar resumes. Both beat 3 ranked teams, both had the same record. Saying there was no argument is beyond ignorant. You can't possibly say there was no argument at all there when there clearly was.

I've proven you wrong in a very clear way. You stated something that was false, I used a clear and well-explained example to point that out. That is what it means to prove someone wrong. I've also never once said OSU was a victim this year, and once more I have said many times I had no problem with winning out and not going to the NCG depending on who was ahead of us. Are you done trolling now? Perhaps next time you can have reasoning to back up your childish name-calling and lying?

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A UT fan dares joke about another team's defensive woes? :laugh3:

Dude, be cool. They flipped their collective shit when I took a harmless jab at Baylor. If you make a direct jab at their shit team, who knows what could happen? They'll burn this mother down...

:laugh3:

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what 3 ranked teams did Ohio St beat that were ranked prior to the bowls? Now compare with Florida St prior to the bowls. Process data and make a argument. Not what you are currently doing...

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what 3 ranked teams did Ohio St beat that were ranked prior to the bowls? Now compare with Florida St prior to the bowls. Process data and make a argument. Not what you are currently doing...

Ohio State beat: #12 Michigan, #15 Penn State, #25 Missouri by an average score of 31-13. They also beat 8-3 WVU who was right outside of the top 25. Oh yeah, OSU finished 2nd in the final AP and Coaches polls. But yeah, there was no argument at all that they deserved consideration for the NCG... :rollseyes:

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This much I also know, fans of undefeated teams should be classier and more concerned about their upcoming game.

Will 'eyer remove "M" and "S" from the Ohio 'tate Univer'ity alphabet this week?

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This much I also know, fans of undefeated teams should be classier and more concerned about their upcoming game.

Will 'eyer remove "M" and "S" from the Ohio 'tate Univer'ity alphabet this week.

Dude, you need to lighten up. It was just a jab at Baylor. I wasn't being aggressive or trolling, just poking a little fun. After all OSU takes on here, there's no reason you should be getting so defensive at me doing it.

And a' far a' your la't 'tate'ent goe', I believe the governor 'ay have done it already.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try again

Ohio St
Michigan #15, Penn St # 22, Missouri #23
Lost to 6-6 Michigan St at home

Florida St
Florida #7, Texas A&M #8, Georgia Tech #12, Virginia #13, Miami #24
Lost to 7-4 NC State on the road

Kansas St
Nebraska #14, Texas #20, Missouri #23
Lost to #8 Texas A&M neutral site

Bowl results are not allowed in the discussion because they hadn't happened yet. Now make your case for Ohio St over either team. Florida St had a far superior resume with 4 wins better at the time than any win Ohio St had. Kansas St had similar wins with a better loss. The BCS rankings were correct that year in placing the more deserving teams in the final regardless of Florida St losing to undefeated Tennessee. That's how you back something up with facts without spin.