• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gary Patterson has got a big fuggin problem with Art Briles and how he runs Baylor

Berkeley_Blues

Retired Experience Junkie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when sox wasn't a whiny little girl when defending his school from any other undefeated team? Me neither...

:clap:

Sox was a pussy on ESPN too. So, If tOSU gets left out of the BCS title game -- we'll have to watch Sox's little twaa-la-la squirt for the entire offseason too.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ncf_i_patterson_200.jpg

This fat fuck needs to worry about his team and stop trying to see how many bear claws he can shove into his mouth.

You're damn right. So does this fat fuck.

dog-the-brownie-hunter.jpg

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why Ohio St getting the bid cost Kansas St. It's more the Sugar Bowl and Orange Bowl being greedy than Ohio St's fault.

Fiesta Bowl was set as Tennessee v. Florida St

Sugar Bowl had first pick and should have selected Kansas St but they chose Ohio St instead. The Orange Bowl selected the ACC as it's hosting conference so that they could select Florida since FLorida St was in the championship game. The Sugar should have selected Kansas St and then the Orange could have picked the Big East as it's hosting conference and still gotten Texas A&M with the last pick. The Sugar forced the Orange Bowls hand as they did not want a Texas A&M. v. Syracuse bowl matchup. That would have cost them money with a collectively boring game with no real history with either school and a long travel distance too. The match up should have been a Kansas St v. Ohio St Sugar Bowl and Texas A&M v. Syracuse Orange Bowl. Both Florida and Ohio St received favoritism over Kansas St and the rule was made. The real trickle down effect was the Sugar choosing Ohio St and going outside the BCS ranking to select the first at large selection. This is why it was the controversial selection at the time. They should have been the last at large selection made and not the first.

This is where I stopped reading. The Sugar Bowl has no obligation whatsoever to take a team based on any conference tie-ins or anything related when it comes to an at-large, nor does any other bowl. Does the bowl tie-in often dictate? Sure. How do you know the Sugar Bowl representatives didn't view Ohio State as the better team (which was correct), making them the better choice? I understand there is a rule in place now, but Florida still should've been the odd man out, certainly not Ohio State.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No obligation is correct. Ohio St receiving favoritism by the bowls and media is also correct. Isn't that what we were arguing? Did I ever say Kansas St had to be chosen? Obviously they weren't and a rule was made.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No obligation is correct. Ohio St receiving favoritism by the bowls and media is also correct. Isn't that what we were arguing? Did I ever say Kansas St had to be chosen? Obviously they weren't and a rule was made.

I don't see how it was favoritism. The Sugar Bowl wanted the better team that would pack the stands. If the option was Ohio State or someone who'd of packed the stands more, it'd of been them. There were 2 at-large teams taken, so the favoritism was for Florida, not OSU. Florida was ranked much lower and were taken after OSU. The main argument was that, anytime OSU has ever had any kind of argument to get into a NCG, they always get the "benefit of the doubt" from the voters and the media.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So yea, north Texas football spats....

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when Baylor was being talked about for the national title game? Now they're a dropped pass from losing to 4-8 TCU.

LOL

and osu is a 2 point conversion away from losing to UM, and being out of the title game, so what's yer point?

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or was that a controversial 4th down measurement from losing to a 5 win god awful Northwestern team

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and osu is a 2 point conversion away from losing to UM, and being out of the title game, so what's yer point?

They are undefeated?

Im starting to wonder if they should just stop playing the games altogether after reading posts like these. Me thinks bama should just be reset to zero losses, give osu a few cuz.....well fuck it, they just should. Go ahead and give bama the title week one and call it a season. No injuries, no injustices, no fluke plays and nothing to watch on saturdays.

Who should next years nc be? Should prolly have a preseason dance off to decide. :lol:

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That losing against your hated rival who at least has a winning record is not nearly as bad as almost losing to a 4-8 team after you were supposed to be potentially the best team in the country. You honestly can't tell a difference?

Jeez, team B12 is fuckin protective of their lil bears.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are undefeated?

Im starting to wonder if they should just stop playing the games altogether after reading posts like these. Me thinks bama should just be reset to zero losses, give osu a few cuz.....well fuck it, they just should. Go ahead and give bama the title week one and call it a season. No injuries, no injustices, no fluke plays and nothing to watch on saturdays.

Who should next years nc be? Should prolly have a preseason dance off to decide. :lol:

Shit, we all know Gundy would win the dance off.

Gundy_Get_Down_reverse_medium.gif

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
supposed to be potentially the best team

Really? :L I really do enjoy that part of your post, but not the way you intended.

You haven't been reading what fans of Big12 teams have been writing this past season.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? :L I really do enjoy that part of your post, but not the way you intended.

You haven't been reading what fans of Big12 teams have been writing this past season.

Say what?

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Explaining my post in detail to you would not work. You just don't get it.

Just was surprising. Seemed to hear a whole lot of Baylor jumping OSU talk not long ago, and now this. No need to get upset.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horns, you weren't the only saying that Briles would not be going to Texas.

I'm still laughing about Mike Davis and his attempted cheap shot, especially when compared to Dixon's hit.

The thing is, cheap shot artists, and coaches who tolerate it, would never be allowed at Texas. Everyone, and I mean the fan base, ESPN, other press (Kirk Bohls, e.g.) would not allow it. Holy shit would rain down on Belmont Hall.

And, in the end, that's a good thing if you're a UT alum or fan.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the Baylor jumping Ohio St talk was from non Big 12 fans. Baylor needed to prove itself against the top of the conference. They looked very impressive against lesser teams and that is what a great team needs to do. They were half way there but once again they still can't consistently beat the best teams in the Big 12 no matter how good their offense is. When it struggles they don't have the defense to carry them. All offenses have bad days occasionally and that is why I prefer strong defense being the focus of recruiting.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even think most of us had Baylor in front of Ohio St in our personal polls and we play in the Big 12 and the success and reputation of the league is on our personal interest. Sometimes you have to call a spade a spade.