• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Week Thread (NFC Championship Game 2014) 49ERS @ SEATTLE

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I don't care if they don't get any sacks just a good push up the middle that puts pressure on WIlson and doesn't let him escape the pocket.

Exactly. I was pleasantly surprised how we got to cam last game. Not only do we need to get to Wilson but contain him. The guys need to be cautios when running after him as he can get squirmy.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd run a Davis down the seam deep right off the bat. set the tone?

Yep. Haven't seen that play once this year. Used to be a staple of the 49er offense when Smith was the QB. I firmly believe that Kaepernick does not see the middle of the field well because all of his passes, or at least his completions, are to the outside. He doesn't even use the middle or crossing patterns. Really restricts the offense.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that someone's trying to keep the narratives consistent. We've had questions on offense despite winning and efficiency.

Can the Seattle Seahawks offense do enough? - ESPN

That is the one hope for the 49ers; that the Seahwak offense cannot get it going. I believe the 49ers could score 20. But if they let the Seahwks make a big play on offense or defense early, it could get ugly quick.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Yep. Haven't seen that play once this year. Used to be a staple of the 49er offense when Smith was the QB. I firmly believe that Kaepernick does not see the middle of the field well because all of his passes, or at least his completions, are to the outside. He doesn't even use the middle or crossing patterns. Really restricts the offense.

interesting.. I haven't really thought of that much but I definitely agree that we haven't done as much of that since he started.

That's an interesting observation.

maybe you are a 49er fan...

Last edited by a moderator:

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw the replay of wk 2 matchup and this is what I can gather:

Pros
- Our OL can run block n pass block well and effectively for majority of the game
- Kap n Gore can run against this defense
- Kap was actually getting big chunks in the game with his legs
- Aldon was beasting in the game til it feel off in the 4th (19-3) then poof
- Defensively we were strong up front and the coverage was decent

Cons
- Kap was terrible with his decision making, missing open guys, forcing throws or not quick enough to either pull the trigger or throw. Dig his own hole IMO
- TOs n Penalties killed the defense. Drives that we stopped them ended up going or drives that we were knocking ended up losing the ball.
- Lost the RB coming out on the flats too often
- Wilson getting off the pocket n making first down throws or shovels hurt the niners.
- Injuries hampered our secondary big time...

Re-watching the game, it brought back the bad moments of our offense n defensive wtf moments but I was surprised or happy to see the good and remembered how close the game was at 12-0...

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it weren't for the people who troll message boards in the media, the following would be the order of what I would want to happen.

1) Niner blowout victory.
2) Niner cruising to victory.
3) Niner comeback or last minute victory.
4) Niner win by ref.
5) Loss by ref.
6) Seattle cruising victory.
7) Seattle blowout victory.
8) Close loss.

I can't stand close losses! To any other team, I'd rather be blown out (in years where we were top-five. In years where we're Cinderella, I would always rather have a close loss.) However, because of the message board trolls, I would rather lose a close game then a blowout. Cruising loss is better than a blowout loss. As much as I hate losses due to the refs, that's better than a loss by cruising the blowout. Cruising loss for me is just one that is by a less than 14 but we're never in it.

Yes, when it comes to sports, I think too much.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
will say the opening play is a short pass to Dixon, right flat.

I hope I'm wrong, but I really like my odds with "Gore Up The Gut" for no gain.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it weren't for the people who troll message boards in the media, the following would be the order of what I would want to happen.

1) Niner blowout victory.
2) Niner cruising to victory.
3) Niner comeback or last minute victory.
4) Niner win by ref.
5) Loss by ref.
6) Seattle cruising victory.
7) Seattle blowout victory.
8) Close loss.

I can't stand close losses! To any other team, I'd rather be blown out (in years where we were top-five. In years where we're Cinderella, I would always rather have a close loss.) However, because of the message board trolls, I would rather lose a close game then a blowout. Cruising loss is better than a blowout loss. As much as I hate losses due to the refs, that's better than a loss by cruising the blowout. Cruising loss for me is just one that is by a less than 14 but we're never in it.

Yes, when it comes to sports, I think too much.

I'd rather have a close loss than get blown out. It is so hard for me to watch a close game though because it is aqonizing. I'd love to see the 49ers score three TDs the first three times they have the ball and thenm never be threatened from there.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have a close loss than get blown out. It is so hard for me to watch a close game though because it is aqonizing. I'd love to see the 49ers score three TDs the first three times they have the ball and thenm never be threatened from there.

If are going to lose either way, I can't stand a close loss. Too many would've could've should'ves. When anyone's blamed, they're blamed more for their one mistake then they should. In a blowout, I am more likely to accept that we didn't deserve it and had no chance. I don't feel like we lost an opportunity.

I will make an exception to the Seahawks because I don't want the trash talk. I would also make an exception for a Cinderella team, as a close loss could be a sign for the future and of improvement. But when we are the favorite or a top three team, a close loss is just a lost opportunity.

Other than those two exceptions, I would rather have lost by a lot to the Falcons then have lost in the last minute to Matt Ryan. I hated losing the NFCC game two years ago and the Super Bowl last year. There were many things in those games where we could've changed but the last quarter or overtime is always examined to death.

Kyle Williams gets too much blame for his fumbles. Alex Smith gets too little credit for his two touchdowns. Receivers get the shaft. In a blowout win or a blowout loss everyone gets credit or blame. And there's no feeling of lost opportunity for me. Now, if we get blown out because of lack of effort, that's a whole 'nother level of embarrassment.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If are going to lose either way, I can't stand a close loss. Too many would've could've should'ves. When anyone's blamed, they're blamed more for their one mistake then they should. In a blowout, I am more likely to accept that we didn't deserve it and had no chance. I don't feel like we lost an opportunity.

I will make an exception to the Seahawks because I don't want the trash talk. I would also make an exception for a Cinderella team, as a close loss could be a sign for the future and of improvement. But when we are the favorite or a top three team, a close loss is just a lost opportunity.

Other than those two exceptions, I would rather have lost by a lot to the Falcons then have lost in the last minute to Matt Ryan. I hated losing the NFCC game two years ago and the Super Bowl last year. There were many things in those games where we could've changed but the last quarter or overtime is always examined to death.

Kyle Williams gets too much blame for his fumbles. Alex Smith gets too little credit for his two touchdowns. Receivers get the shaft. In a blowout win or a blowout loss everyone gets credit or blame. And there's no feeling of lost opportunity for me. Now, if we get blown out because of lack of effort, that's a whole 'nother level of embarrassment.

If we want to assign some blame, let's assign it to the ref in the game we lost to New Orleans. That single call he made on Brooks just might determine this year's Super Bowl winner since it moved this week's game to Seattle from San Francisco. I think it also cost the Cardinals a playoff spot and who knows what they might have done. One play in the middle of the season decides the Super Bowl? That's crazy!

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we want to assign some blame, let's assign it to the ref in the game we lost to New Orleans. That single call he made on Brooks just might determine this year's Super Bowl winner since it moved this week's game to Seattle from San Francisco. I think it also cost the Cardinals a playoff spot and who knows what they might have done. One play in the middle of the season decides the Super Bowl? That's crazy!

That play only matters if we lose to Seattle. But I do get what you are saying.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A blowout loss would make me think Kaepernick will never get it going in Seattle. IF it was a loss I'd rather it was close so that the Seattle people would admit how close the teams were, if it's a blowout you'll hear a lot of "We barely lost to you on your home field when we had nothing to play for but you get blown out over here." I couldn't stand that.

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1555481_674696532553161_1610681561_n.jpg

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A blowout loss would make me think Kaepernick will never get it going in Seattle. IF it was a loss I'd rather it was close so that the Seattle people would admit how close the teams were, if it's a blowout you'll hear a lot of "We barely lost to you on your home field when we had nothing to play for but you get blown out over here." I couldn't stand that.

Unfortunately, I believe kaepernick will be the difference in the game. His innacurate passing will not work against that excellent secondary. To beat Seattle we need a couple of big plays where he hits a receiver in stride and they go the distance. His passes normally require a great catch or the receiver having to stop and catch it and in that case it takes a lot of completions to move down the field. That is going to be very, very difficult to do.

he got it done with pretty good play the last two weeks but those poor passes where we had INTs dropped are going to catch up to him against a good secondary helped by a ferocious pass rush.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Unfortunately, I believe kaepernick will be the difference in the game. His innacurate passing will not work against that excellent secondary. To beat Seattle we need a couple of big plays where he hits a receiver in stride and they go the distance. His passes normally require a great catch or the receiver having to stop and catch it and in that case it takes a lot of completions to move down the field. That is going to be very, very difficult to do.

he got it done with pretty good play the last two weeks but those poor passes where we had INTs dropped are going to catch up to him against a good secondary helped by a ferocious pass rush.

Kaepernick?s good postseason play has included some good fortun | Chat49ers.com