• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Week Thread (NFC Championship Game 2014) 49ERS @ SEATTLE

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was curious about the Hawks offense lately, particularly drive efficiency. Some of what I found, looking at the last five games:

Total drives: 58

Total scoring drives: 18 (3.6/game)

Drives for 50+ yards: 10 (2/game)

Drives for 20 or fewer yards: 34 (6.8/game)

Drives for 0 or fewer yards: 10 (2/game)

Scoring drive distance:
SF = 80, 72, 14 (FG)
NYG = 11 (FG), 62, 40 (FG), 39 (FG), 16
ARI = 70 (FG), 61
STL = 65 (FG), 44 (FG), 80, 61
NO = 20 (FG), 34 (FG), 24, 63 (FG)

That offense is really struggling right now. If our D shows up, and our offense can be borderline competent, I like our chances.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Classic......

Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Will Tukuafu - RB - 49ers

49ers coach Jim Harbaugh was "encouraged" by how FB Will Tukuafu (knee) was moving around on Monday.

Harbaugh didn't comment on Tukuafu's status for the NFC Championship Game, but it appears there's at least a slim chance he suits up. The Sacramento Bee reported Sunday evening the "early indications" were that Tukuafu suffered a sprained MCL. If that diagnosis holds, it's highly unlikely he'd be active in Seattle. That would leave Anthony Dixon and TE Vance McDonald to pave the way for Frank Gore.
Source: CSN Bay Area

Jan 13 - 4:17 PM

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tukuafu's injury was compared to Staley's MCL sprain in one item I read (lost link). Staley didn't miss a game with his injury.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People still don't believe in us......I like being the underdog.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 144

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Percy Harvin - WR - Seahawks

Coach Pete Carroll said the Seahawks won't know Percy Harvin's status until Wednesday or Thursday.

Harvin is in the concussion protocol after getting lit up by Saints S Rafael Bush on Saturday. It's not the kind of injury he can fight through. Either Harvin will feel no symptoms and get cleared by an independent doctor, or the Seahawks will have to roll with Golden Tate, Doug Baldwin and Jermaine Kearse as their top-three wideouts in the NFC Championship Game.
Source: Liz Mathews on Twitter

Jan 13 - 1:00 PM

Percy Harvin - WR - Seahawks

Coach Pete Carroll confirmed Percy Harvin didn't suffer any setbacks with his hip in Saturday's Divisional Round win over the Saints.

"Way ahead of the game on that," Carroll said. Harvin is now just battling the concussion issue. He's in the league's protocol after taking a lick from Saints S Rafael Bush. We're unlikely to know Harvin's status for the NFC Championship game until later this week. Harvin played 19 offensive snaps Saturday.
Source: Curtis Crabtree on Twitter

Jan 13 - 7:42 PM

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People still don't believe in us......I like being the underdog.

Me too. But all the motivation in the world won't help if Kaepernick pushes the panic button again up there in Seattle.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think we'll need a few wrinkles on offense this game because we'll need to keep Seattle's defense guessing and a little confused.

Getting Gore going will be key but that's exactly what they'll be expecting and what they've practiced stopping over and over again so I think we'll struggle if we just line up in power formations and try to run Gore up the gut.

So I would like to see some Counters and this might be a good game to use the Read Option a little more. Sprinkling in LMJ could be a good idea as well to add a little speed and give Seattle's D something they aren't used too.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
today they'll show both regular season games on the network FYI

Whatever scheme or tricks we employ we'll need the solid and obvious, execution from our players.

I feel our OL has been dominant and solid as a rock in terms of assignments n communications(not many sacks given up)... BIG test this sunday but the OL has been stout and we need them again.

Then is Kap... its always on Kap but thats the QB position for you. He cannot fall under pressure of the rushers or noise... Keep it simple and don't overplay yourself. Look before you throw lol.... the hawks are preying on TOs, take that away from them and they can be beat.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we'll need a few wrinkles on offense this game because we'll need to keep Seattle's defense guessing and a little confused.

Getting Gore going will be key but that's exactly what they'll be expecting and what they've practiced stopping over and over again so I think we'll struggle if we just line up in power formations and try to run Gore up the gut.

So I would like to see some Counters and this might be a good game to use the Read Option a little more. Sprinkling in LMJ could be a good idea as well to add a little speed and give Seattle's D something they aren't used too.

I'd bet a million dollars that the 49ers opening play will be the old "Gore Up The Gut For No Gain" play.

PaythePiper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see some running by Kap on sunday. Tuck that damn thing and go! No stupid throws causing turnovers. If Oline and Kap play well, I think we win handily. Wilson and company are struggling on offense. Hopefully seattle's training staff hid the 'roids this week.

Go niners

PaythePiper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd bet a million dollars that the 49ers opening play will be the old "Gore Up The Gut For No Gain" play.

i'd run a Davis down the seam deep right off the bat. set the tone?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see some running by Kap on sunday. Tuck that damn thing and go! No stupid throws causing turnovers. If Oline and Kap play well, I think we win handily. Wilson and company are struggling on offense. Hopefully seattle's training staff hid the 'roids this week.

Go niners

Agreed, but that is a huge, huge "If".

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disciplined but effective pass rush is going to be key.

Yep. I don't care if they don't get any sacks just a good push up the middle that puts pressure on WIlson and doesn't let him escape the pocket.