• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, curious to see what the finale entails.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Gendry being brought on to make weapons makes much more sense than him being the hammer part of the squad. It's like somebody wrote his return and then left and somebody else took over.

Yeah, I thought that was kinda the original point of finding him. You need people to make weapons and you have a master blacksmith who oh by the way is the only known living son of Robert Baratheon. He might be of use at some point. Let's send him on a suicide mission.

Don't get me wrong, the episode was epic and I can't wait until Sunday. But it's a pretty elite force they have on this mission so I don't see why it's necessary to bring along the new guy.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If streams or torrents go out, I don't care. Don't want to watch. Want to wait till next Sunday and watch it in HD on the screen.

Right there with ya! I'm treating this like I did with Season 3 where I had read the books. I can wait.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right there with ya! I'm treating this like I did with Season 3 where I had read the books. I can wait.
I have to download it every week regardless and it's already HD, so had no issues watching it.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, some cats gave seen it, others have not.

I'm new to this, so will start out with a test before posting anything.

okay, test done.

First things first, I can't figure out the Arya, Sansa, Littlefinger game. Is this all a show for little finger? I feel like they set it up for Sansa to send away Brienne, so LF could unite them to take out Arya. I feel like Arya showed she was on to it, with giving up the dagger. Where it goes from here, I don't know, just seems like a stupid plot line.

Speaking of dumb structure, the army of the dead is just watching them because people fell through ice? they're fucking dead, the fuck do they care about that shit? wouldn't have bothered me if they didn't specifically show the whole point of them just standing around when they could have crushed them at any time was because they wanted to make sure the ice was solid and couldn't throw any stones themselves. Another stupid point, the night king couldn't have thrown some spears to pick them off one by one in the mean time? Just a dumb outcome for when they all should have died. I'll have to go back to the books, as this shit is becoming unsatisfying, as it follows no logic at all other then to offer up moments they're building back from.

Last edited:

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, some cats gave seen it, others have not.

I'm new to this, so will start out with a test before posting anything.

Great success...

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how Danny finding out Jon was brought back to life plays into the show

It's obvious they are lining that up

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably a year or two after the last season. HBO knows once GOT is over, a huge portion of their subs and most of their profits will be gone. Most of their other shows are mediocre stuff. West World is pretty cool, but that's about it.
Eh, HBO has been doing fine as shows finish up.
People wondered about their numbers after Sopranos, for example, and they just kept churning out great original content to keep people interested.

Though I would like to see other series set in the GOT universe.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, HBO has been doing fine as shows finish up.
People wondered about their numbers after Sopranos, for example, and they just kept churning out great original content to keep people interested.

Though I would like to see other series set in the GOT universe.

I find the lore pretty interesting as well. George RR might have created a universe with the possible depth of something like Star Wars.

UTKipp1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been reading this thread, good stuff.

Hey if Game of Thrones were SportsHoopla, which characters would everyone here be?

Rock Strongo = Ned Stark?
fknhippie = Ser Davos?
Tharvot = Jaime Lannister?
gobigred = Varys?

The only one I know for sure is that Handi would be Tyrion.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ANd the pregnancy (if it isnt a lie) of Cersei is troubling for the TELEPORTATION vs "Months of Marching offscreen" debate.

Jamie knocked her up then proceeded to march on highgarten, siege the place, march back, get attacked, and find his way back on foot to Kings Landing.

Cersei (if pregnancy lasts 9 months in Westeros) should be visibly pregnant in that scene if not soon.

And at the very least, if Jamie goes marching on some northern campaign.....the next scene should have the kid being an infant. But, it will only be a barely pregnant Cersei.
I don't really think Jamie's part really would have taken longer than a couple months.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been reading this thread, good stuff.

Hey if Game of Thrones were SportsHoopla, which characters would everyone here be?

Rock Strongo = Ned Stark?
fknhippie = Ser Davos?
Tharvot = Jaime Lannister?
gobigred = Varys?

The only one I know for sure is that Handi would be Tyrion.

You've been on the Hoop for less than a week, and you're acting like you know everyone?

Or gimmick?
Wow, what a group

Jon Snow

Gendry

Jorah

Hound

Beric

Thoros

Tormund

Legendary!!!

Movie poster:

kbqborz7xvfz.jpg

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they committed to staying true to the books (that's why they got the show in the first place), and also because it's already the most expensive TV show in history.

They're going to spin it off apparently, but I'd imagine that sequels will be much less ambitious expense wise.
Does GOT lose money? I know it is the only reason I subscribe to HBO.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Naw, it doesn't lose money. The exact opposite: it makes tons of money and is BY FAR their biggest earner. :)

Last edited:

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nope. But broadcasters are always looking to squeeze every last dollar out of what they do. Show barely got greenlit in the first place because of expense.

So if there's spinoffs, I'd lay money to

1. less dragons.
2. less locations.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naw, it doesn't lose money. The exact opposite: it makes tons of money and is BY FAR their biggest earner. :)
Seriously. It's the one show they don't have streaming on any other services, I'm sure there's a reason for that.