• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't watched any of this season yet, but I couldn't resist peeking at the last couple of posts here.

Oh shit, is this gonna be a time-traveling season?

Has the shark jumped or have I missed that already?

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all depends on how fast ravens fly, which has never really been addressed. If they can make it in a day or two, it's believable because you can say the Night King waited a couple of days to attack (he waited at least one). But its still pushing it. A raven would have to make it to Dragonstone in a day and then its basically another day for Dany to fly up.

Eastwatch if on the eastern coast, same as dragonstone. If Winterfell is a 1000 miles from KL (IIRC) through roads, then the distance from Eastwatch to Dragonstone on a straight line seems to be similar to that. A very motivated raven flying at 50mph could fly that on a day, and the dragons flying the other way would be far faster.

It seemed like an email was sent, but really it's not that far-fetched, since we know they spent at least a night there and nights in the north could be far longer than in the south.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been reading this thread, good stuff.

Hey if Game of Thrones were SportsHoopla, which characters would everyone here be?

Rock Strongo = Ned Stark?
fknhippie = Ser Davos?
Tharvot = Jaime Lannister?
gobigred = Varys?

The only one I know for sure is that Handi would be Tyrion.
Chf would be stannis.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I havent watched episode 6 yet, or even read whats a defacto script of it. Everything Ive mentioned is already been shown. Like the NK using his psychic powers to breakup the crows flying over his crew. I groaned at that shit.

Would it have made sense if Bran were the NK?
There was a video a few pages back on that theory, and well, it does have wings..... (sorry, I'll show myself out).

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't watched any of this season yet, but I couldn't resist peeking at the last couple of posts here.

Oh shit, is this gonna be a time-traveling season?

Has the shark jumped or have I missed that already?
Just in the sense that some journeys that took episodes in earlier seasons are being made in 15 minutes this year. I think it works well.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just in the sense that some journeys that took episodes in earlier seasons are being made in 15 minutes this year. I think it works well.

Reminds me of the Clerks II scene when they are comparing LOTR and Star Wars...

Randal Graves: Oh, I'm crazy? Those flippin' hobbit movies were boring as hell. All it was, was a bunch of people walking, three movies of people walking to a frigging volcano.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been reading this thread, good stuff.

Hey if Game of Thrones were SportsHoopla, which characters would everyone here be?

Rock Strongo = Ned Stark?
fknhippie = Ser Davos?
Tharvot = Jaime Lannister?
gobigred = Varys?

The only one I know for sure is that Handi would be Tyrion.

Omar would be Theon Greyjoy.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chf would be stannis.

Given that I'm always harping about budget, I was going to say the guy from the Iron Bank. :)

Tycho-Nestoris.jpg

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GRRM actually specifically stated the Robert's Rebellion would not be one of them. His reasoning being that by the time the show airs we would already know everything about Robert's Rebellion. Not too sure how that can be the case. If he's referring to it all being revealed in the books then his logic is quite flawed because why produce the GoT series in the first place when the majority of the content is based on the books? If he's suggesting it will all be revealed on the show, I can't imagine how that's going to happen with only 7 episodes to go and with so much yet to be resolved in the main timeline.

Actually I guess I can see his point. There wouldn't be any drama in the show, we know all of the big plot points. Rhaegar didn't kidnap Lyanna Stark, she ran away with him and actually married him. Ned kills all the Kingsguard at the Tower of Joy. Rhaegar dies to Roberts hammer at the Trident. Stannis holds Dragonstone and probably only survives because Davos snuggles in onions. Stannis knights Ser Davos for saving him, and then chops off his fingers for smuggling. Lannister's sit out most of the war, but show up at the last second to Kings Landing to save the day. Instead they take KL. The Mountain Clegane kills all thevsurviving Tarqaryean's including Dornish princess and babies. Jaime Lannister kills the Mad King. Lord Stark and oldest son go south and tge Mad King burns them alive to start the whole thing.

I believe that stuff is all covered on the show, and those are all huge plot points. I guess he's right, itvvwould be hard to do that as a show with all of that spoiled.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have more trouble burning my daughter.

Right, but when Stannis did that he had become unhinged. He believed everything Melisandre told him and none of it turned out to be true. The battle of blackwater was just the first step of his downward spiral. That wasn't who Stannis was.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, but when Stannis did that he had become unhinged. He believed everything Melisandre told him and none of it turned out to be true. The battle of blackwater was just the first step of his downward spiral. That wasn't who Stannis was.

I liked the job GRRM did writing Stannis. He was deeply flawed. There was things about him to like. But he's also the guy who decided early on to murder his own brother with dark magic.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the job GRRM did writing Stannis. He was deeply flawed. There was things about him to like. But he's also the guy who decided early on to murder his own brother with dark magic.

RIP Renly. The only man in Westeros to get killed by a queef.