• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones Thread for Book Readers (Spoilers)

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone have a link to the published chapters of the next book?

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Jon knows Bran is alive, and we see that Crasters kids are turned to wights... I suspected that was the case, but I dont remember the books saying it happened.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disappointed but not entirely surprised by the sacking of Mireen. Didn't mind the change at all of Jamie hooking up Brienne with Pod. I look forward to watching that duo on the screen.

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Jon knows Bran is alive, and we see that Crasters kids are turned to wights... I suspected that was the case, but I dont remember the books saying it happened.

wait, what? is this still based on the books?

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't remember half the shit that's coming up on the show now. They better still kill tywin and Shae

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't remember half the shit that's coming up on the show now. They better still kill tywin and Shae

I'm sure they do. Although it wouldn't shock me if Tywin kills Shae instead of Tyrion.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought the show deviations were pretty interesting last night. I didn't hate them except for the Bran story-line. I hope he can do some mind meld kickassery before jon & co show up.

I did like the ww & baby bit at the end. Always figured they were somehow taking the babies and making more white walkers out of them but Martin never got into that. Also, I was kind of hoping the Others would kill all the people at Crasters (before Bran & Co got there of course).

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought the show deviations were pretty interesting last night. I didn't hate them except for the Bran story-line. I hope he can do some mind meld kickassery before jon & co show up.

I did like the ww & baby bit at the end. Always figured they were somehow taking the babies and making more white walkers out of them but Martin never got into that. Also, I was kind of hoping the Others would kill all the people at Crasters (before Bran & Co got there of course).

I'm looking forward to how Bran is going to escape... as long as Jon doesn't save him.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet they have jon save him :L

thought they said Coldhands wouldn't make this season

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet they have jon save him :L

thought they said Coldhands wouldn't make this season

If Jon saves him I think they'll end up separated for some reason. Keep in mind that Jon will be with Locke who was sent to hunt down Bran and Rickon. He'll be a bit of a wildcard. I doubt he survives past this season though.

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Gilly was crying. "Me and the babe. Please. I'll be your wife, like i was Craster's. Please, Ser crow. He's a boy, just like Nella said he'd be. If you don't take him they will." "They?" said Sam, and the raven cocked its black head and echoed, "They. They. They" "The boy's brothers," said the old woman on the left. "Craster's sons. The white cold is rising out there, crow. I can feel it in my bones. These poor bones don't lie. They'll be here soon, the sons."

This is from the book in the aftermath of the mutiny at Craster's Keep. They're pretty much telling us that at least some of the Others are sons of Craster, therefor the baby's brothers. Now, one of Caster's wives could certainly be wrong and just repeating a fairy tale, but what they showed in the show does have at least some basis from the books and I wouldn't say it's much of a spoiler or jump-ahead or anything.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disappointed but not entirely surprised by the sacking of Mireen. Didn't mind the change at all of Jamie hooking up Brienne with Pod. I look forward to watching that duo on the screen.

The change? I am pretty sure Pod went with her in the books too...