• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones Thread for Book Readers (Spoilers)

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be good for character building for Cersei in the show. If nothing else, they could use a scene where she talks about the prophecy to someone...no idea who it would be in the show. She is about to lose her shit and it would be helpful for show watchers to understand just where she is coming from.

I don't see how he doesn't...I mean the entire season has been building up to that point. Can't just end the season with Tyrion still in a cell and Tyrion can't escape w/o taking out Tywin. I am curious as to whether or not Tyrion will take out Shae in the show too. They might just skip over that, but it would be great drama to have him strangle her.

It would be cool if they showed that scene from her childhood but I think it will go down with her discussing it with someone else as you suggested. GoT has so many great opportunities for flashbacks but for whatever reason they decided from the beginning that they are going to tell the story via a linear time line. Maybe it's because it came on the air shortly after LOST went off the air. If the TV show used the same style as the books to tell the story, it would have a style almost identical to LOST, albeit an entirely different premise obviously.

As for Tyrion killing Shae, the reason I have my doubts it will happen on the show is that their relationship seems quite a bit different than how I remember it from the books. Shae was simply a professional slut that eventually sold him out. I don't recall Tyrion freaking out at her and breaking her heart, or Shae declining Varys' offer to buy her off if she would leave Tyrion. I think if Tyrion doesn't kill Shae it's because Tywin kills her before Tyrion kills Tywin. Another possibility I could see happening is Jaime learning and then sharing with Tyrion that Shae was manipulated and made a deal with Tywin to testify against Tyrion as long as he was sent to the Wall instead of being executed. Then when Tyrion confronts his dad and asks what happened to her, she becomes the whore that Tywin refers to in his last words. Basically she would be replacing Tysha's role. We've seen it a few times on the show where 1 TV character is a combination of 2 or more characters from the books.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Tywin to die this season, but don't think he will

I think he dies this season. In one of the previews you see a hand with a crossbow going through inside the (what I assume) the castle. Hope he dies the way I was explained he does.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be cool if they showed that scene from her childhood but I think it will go down with her discussing it with someone else as you suggested. GoT has so many great opportunities for flashbacks but for whatever reason they decided from the beginning that they are going to tell the story via a linear time line. Maybe it's because it came on the air shortly after LOST went off the air. If the TV show used the same style as the books to tell the story, it would have a style almost identical to LOST, albeit an entirely different premise obviously.

As for Tyrion killing Shae, the reason I have my doubts it will happen on the show is that their relationship seems quite a bit different than how I remember it from the books. Shae was simply a professional slut that eventually sold him out. I don't recall Tyrion freaking out at her and breaking her heart, or Shae declining Varys' offer to buy her off if she would leave Tyrion. I think if Tyrion doesn't kill Shae it's because Tywin kills her before Tyrion kills Tywin. Another possibility I could see happening is Jaime learning and then sharing with Tyrion that Shae was manipulated and made a deal with Tywin to testify against Tyrion as long as he was sent to the Wall instead of being executed. Then when Tyrion confronts his dad and asks what happened to her, she becomes the whore that Tywin refers to in his last words. Basically she would be replacing Tysha's role. We've seen it a few times on the show where 1 TV character is a combination of 2 or more characters from the books.

IMO, any cuts GOT has made from the books have been due to time or budgetary constraints. I don't think they care about LOST.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How ironic that tonight's episode airs on Father's Day. Can't wait!

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. Not how I was hoping it to end tonight.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jojen paste!!!

Also fuck off Dany.. I HATE SLAVERY BUT IMA JUST CHAIN UP MUH DRAGONS

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Loved the episode but really wanted to see Stoneheart.

The Mountain vs. Brienne was nice addition in my opinion.

I would've liked to have seen Lady Stoneheart as well. Also, would've been great to see Tyrion shoot Tywin in the bowels and make the quip about how Tywin doesn't really shit gold.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wondering if they'll just cut lady stoneheart

i'm pretty much prepared for grrm to completely alter his writing to appease showfags in the novels going forward, too

pretty dope for those of us who have been reading for almost 20 years now

hope he proves me wrong, but the last 2 books have been pretty shitty

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would've liked to have seen Lady Stoneheart as well. Also, would've been great to see Tyrion shoot Tywin in the bowels and make the quip about how Tywin doesn't really shit gold.

i don't watch the show

how did they portray him killing tywin?

did tyrion at least say "i'm you writ small"?

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wondering if they'll just cut lady stoneheart

i'm pretty much prepared for grrm to completely alter his writing to appease showfags in the novels going forward, too

pretty dope for those of us who have been reading for almost 20 years now

hope he proves me wrong, but the last 2 books have been pretty shitty

I'm thinking they are just cutting her out. The perfect opportunity to introduce her was last night and the passed on it. I suppose they could intro her really early on next season, but it won't have the same impact.

i don't watch the show

He didn't. :(

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't watch the show

He just shot Tywin a couple of times with the arrows while Tywin was on his chamber pot. Tywin was trying to talk his way out of it by saying he really wasn't going to let Ilyn Payne take his head and how he admired Tyrion.

Also, Jaime didn't mention anything about lying about Tysha not really being a prostitute. He just let him go and told him how to find Varys.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking they are just cutting her out. The perfect opportunity to introduce her was last night and the passed on it. I suppose they could intro her really early on next season, but it won't have the same impact.

He didn't. :(

I think they'll have too much time to fill to cut her out, but after they just deleted Coldhands from the show you never know.

I'm thinking they may string the Stoneheart thing out a bit by reintroducing the Brotherhood Without Banners next season. They could have people talking about how Beric is dead and they have a new leader and then maybe you see a hooded figure a couple of time before they reveal who the new leader actually is.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they'll have too much time to fill to cut her out...

yeah, i think you might be right about that.

just imagine if they try to make two seasons out of either book 4 or book 5. i don't think there's enough content for either book to even make 1 high quality season out of each. it's just chapter after chapter of minutiae where nothing really happens plot-wise. it's not like the first 3 books where character and plot development were rapidfire and high quality.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, i think you might be right about that.

just imagine if they try to make two seasons out of either book 4 or book 5. i don't think there's enough content for either book to even make 1 high quality season out of each. it's just chapter after chapter of minutiae where nothing really happens plot-wise. it's not like the first 3 books where character and plot development were rapidfire and high quality.

They already started getting into books 4 and 5 with a lot of characters. They cut out Marillion and pretty much zipped through Sansa/Littlefinger's Book 4 storyline in just their potion of 1 episode. Meanwhile they haven't quite finished book 3 at the Wall yet. I think with what's left of books 3, 4, and 5 they come up with a decent season, with maybe a few decent additions/alterations. But in order to pull that off I think they'd have to include Lady Stoneheart, which I still strongly believe they will. I was really bored with all of Theon's uncles in Book 4 but they might mix that part up a bit and/or make it more interesting on the show. Balon Greyjoy is still alive on the show so they could change it entirely and maybe cut out 1 or more of Theon's uncles.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They already started getting into books 4 and 5 with a lot of characters. They cut out Marillion and pretty much zipped through Sansa/Littlefinger's Book 4 storyline in just their potion of 1 episode. Meanwhile they haven't quite finished book 3 at the Wall yet. I think with what's left of books 3, 4, and 5 they come up with a decent season, with maybe a few decent additions/alterations. But in order to pull that off I think they'd have to include Lady Stoneheart, which I still strongly believe they will. I was really bored with all of Theon's uncles in Book 4 but they might mix that part up a bit and/or make it more interesting on the show. Balon Greyjoy is still alive on the show so they could change it entirely and maybe cut out 1 or more of Theon's uncles.

The only one I could see them realistically cutting out is Aeron, but again I don't think they will since they'll try to stretch everything out as much as possible.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they'll have too much time to fill to cut her out, but after they just deleted Coldhands from the show you never know.

I'm thinking they may string the Stoneheart thing out a bit by reintroducing the Brotherhood Without Banners next season. They could have people talking about how Beric is dead and they have a new leader and then maybe you see a hooded figure a couple of time before they reveal who the new leader actually is.

Stoneheart seems to be pretty important to both Brienne and Jaime's storylines, so I find it difficult to understand why they would cut her out. I guess its possible that the finale this season just had too many things to fit in to make time for her appearance...though it would have been an ideal time to show her IMO.

Looking at next season, they are going to need storylines so you may be right about them just saving her for S5. Gonna be heavy with Greyjoy stuff and Cersei losing her shit. Martin better finish that next book because S5 might just finish up both Feast and Dance or just about finish them up.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stoneheart seems to be pretty important to both Brienne and Jaime's storylines, so I find it difficult to understand why they would cut her out. I guess its possible that the finale this season just had too many things to fit in to make time for her appearance...though it would have been an ideal time to show her IMO.

The Lady Stoneheart character is not going to be included in the television series at all as confirmed by actress Michelle Fairley.

'Game Of Thrones' Star Michelle Fairley Just Crushed Our Lady Stoneheart Dreams

There's only so much material that can be squeezed into 10 episodes per season. Some side storylines which really don't significantly affect the main plotline are going to be eliminated.

There are even rumors that perhaps Sansa will take over the Frey killing revenge duties of Lady Stoneheart for the TV series.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lady Stoneheart character is not going to be included in the television series at all as confirmed by actress Michelle Fairley.

'Game Of Thrones' Star Michelle Fairley Just Crushed Our Lady Stoneheart Dreams

There's only so much material that can be squeezed into 10 episodes per season. Some side storylines which really don't significantly affect the main plotline are going to be eliminated.

There are even rumors that perhaps Sansa will take over the Frey killing revenge duties of Lady Stoneheart for the TV series.

That would be absolutely idiotic. Cutting Stoneheart is lame enough, but the Sansa thing would make absolutely no sense.

I guess they cut actual interesting characters like Stoneheart and Coldhands so they could keep us entertained with the useless Craster's Keep bit that took up half an episode, Theon's sister's pointless attempt to save him ( still not sure how she just walked out), and the romance between a slave girl and a guy with no dick.