• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones Thread for Book Readers (Spoilers)

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good idea.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hell are they gonna do with Bran.. his story's already progressed ahead and still no coldhands

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hell are they gonna do with Bran.. his story's already progressed ahead and still no coldhands

I don't think there's going to be a Coldhands at this point. And it's a good thing Bran is crippled and never standing, because I think that kid's taller than Hodor at this point.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got the 5 book set off Amazon the other day. Too bad I won't be able to start crushing them until May or so. When is the 6th supposed to come out? Or is it already out?

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got the 5 book set off Amazon the other day. Too bad I won't be able to start crushing them until May or so. When is the 6th supposed to come out? Or is it already out?

:pound:

Dont hold your breath, sir

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there's going to be a Coldhands at this point. And it's a good thing Bran is crippled and never standing, because I think that kid's taller than Hodor at this point.

Kinda what I was thinking.. he doesnt have many chapters left tho, wonder if theyll dip past book 5 by next season or so..

Or just not have much Bran, which would give me a sad

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:lol: He is definitely aging faster than the rest it seems. The actor that plays Hodor is 6-10 tho :omg:

It looks like they are skipping the coldhands portion of things...so the book theorists that coldhands=benjen will have to wait to be answered it seems.

I hope they put in Lady Stoneheart at the end of this season. Her first intro is sweet.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

i've been reading these since 96, so it is kind of lame seeing all of the idiots out there who suddenly think it's a great series because it became a tv show.

i approve of this thread.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

i've been reading these since 96, so it is kind of lame seeing all of the idiots out there who suddenly think it's a great series because it became a tv show.

The books were completely off my radar until I heard about the TV show. I picked up the first book randomly before I went on vacation a few years back and have powered through them all a few times since.

I enjoy the show too and get enjoyment from people reacting for the first time to some of the things I knew were coming.

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all agree that

R + L = J

right??

Yeah, I don't think the evidence can be denied. I am hoping that it's not true, though, and it goes in an unexpected direction just so we can all be surprised. I don't think it will, though.

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: He is definitely aging faster than the rest it seems. The actor that plays Hodor is 6-10 tho :omg:

It looks like they are skipping the coldhands portion of things...so the book theorists that coldhands=benjen will have to wait to be answered it seems.

I hope they put in Lady Stoneheart at the end of this season. Her first intro is sweet.

Me too. I think it would be a great last scene to the season. They've always done a big Dany scene to end things, though, so I'm not sure it'll happen that way.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant wait til the Ice Dragon that built the wall/is burried under it wakes up and Jon Snow rides that bitch to defeat Drogon/Dany

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

My story: I picked up the first book around "99/"2000. Saw the cover, thought it looked good and got it. It went onto the "pile" The pile is probably 150+ books or so I have laying around just waiting to be read. After a few years, I would see the book every now and then, think I'm never going to get around to reading this and should just get rid of it...but wouldn't.

Then when they started the media blitz before season 1, I kept thinking that sounds familiar. Then it hit me.."I think that's that book I've been meaning to get rid of." When I saw that it was, I decided to read it and when I finished the first one, all could think was what the hell took me so long to read this. I loved it. I went right out and got books 2-4. By the time I finished those, book 5 came out.

God, I can't wait for #6!

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant wait til the Ice Dragon that built the wall/is burried under it wakes up and Jon Snow rides that bitch to defeat Drogon/Dany

i'm hoping that bran is going to end up joining with dany to help control her dragons.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My story: I picked up the first book around "99/"2000. Saw the cover, thought it looked good and got it. It went onto the "pile" The pile is probably 150+ books or so I have laying around just waiting to be read. After a few years, I would see the book every now and then, think I'm never going to get around to reading this and should just get rid of it...but wouldn't.

Then when they started the media blitz before season 1, I kept thinking that sounds familiar. Then it hit me.."I think that's that book I've been meaning to get rid of." When I saw that it was, I decided to read it and when I finished the first one, all could think was what the hell took me so long to read this. I loved it. I went right out and got books 2-4. By the time I finished those, book 5 came out.

God, I can't wait for #6!

you're lucky. wish i had done that.

instead, i waited half a decade for 4 and then again for 5. and both were huge disappointments.

he lost control badly.

but he's back on track now, it seems.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm hoping that bran is going to end up joining with dany to help control her dragons.

I think Dany Tyrion Jon and (?) Are gonna be the riders..

4th spot has a lot of question marks, Loras is an outside possibility.. one of the dragons IS green and the others all match house colors

Of course this is buying off tons of other theories, we dont even know if there will be more than 1 rider for sure

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't think bran will even need to ride. he'll be able to just possess the dragon.

there's a reason bran got the first chapter in the entire series.

i'm really hoping that dany, bran, jon, and tyrion all join forces....tyrion will be running into dany soon enough, and given his current companions, it's going to be fascinating. dany, jon, and tyrion all have so much in common, it's crazy. bran is going to be the big powerhouse by the last half of the last book, i'm betting.