• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones Thread for Book Readers (Spoilers)

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really loving the way Prince Oberyn is portrayed on the show. It's too bad he's only got a couple episodes left. I imagine he'll be great in those episodes and that his eventual death will be awesome! I know the show has been deviating from the books but I can't imagine there'll be much change as far as his storyline goes.

Damn. I guess that means he loses to the mountain huh? :(

Was really hoping he would win.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't read the books. Please clear something up for me. I expected the jail scene between Tyrion and Bronn in last weeks episode to be somewhat heated because of Bronn's promise to Tyrion that Shae was put on the ship to Essos by Bronn. But...the subject did not even come up during their conversation in the jail cell.

So, my question is: did Bronn lie to Tyrion by stating Shae was on the ship to Essos, or did she in fact get on the ship, but was somehow apprehended and brought back to Westeros?

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If i remember right, she goes and comes back.. Tyrions more pissed than the show showed, but we can still infer that

Really not a major detail in books so i could be misremembering

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am bummed there isnt an episode this week

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The final burning question I have for this season is whether or not they will reveal Lady Stoneheart. Could be a tremendous season finale closing scene.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The final burning question I have for this season is whether or not they will reveal Lady Stoneheart. Could be a tremendous season finale closing scene.

I remember seeing this picture about 6 months ago. I'm pretty sure she will be revealed this season and it most likely will be the closing scene as you mentioned. Not sure if it will go down exactly how it does in the book but I'm guessing it will involve a Frey or 2.

images48GOJXMS.jpg

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't quite catch who Jon Snow was going to fight when they let him out of the gate. It isn't Mag the Mighty because he was killed after getting inside the gate by himself.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't quite catch who Jon Snow was going to fight when they let him out of the gate. It isn't Mag the Mighty because he was killed after getting inside the gate by himself.

He is going for Mance. In the books Allister Thorn and Slynt force him to go solo to kill Mance...which they know is a suicide mission. They changed it up a bit in the show. In the books neither Thorn nor Slynt are present for the initial assaults on The Wall. Allister is on his way back from Kings Landing still and Slynt is also still en route so Jon has full command over the Wall and Castle Black. They find out he was a "turncloak" from his time beyond the wall and send him out on that suicide mission. In the show, his suicide mission was the ranging to Craster's, which isn't in the books at all.

Since he went unarmed to face Mance in the show, I'm guessing he will try to treat with him somehow...good luck with that since Mance has them outnumbered 1000-1.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is going for Mance. In the books Allister Thorn and Slynt force him to go solo to kill Mance...which they know is a suicide mission. They changed it up a bit in the show. In the books neither Thorn nor Slynt are present for the initial assaults on The Wall. Allister is on his way back from Kings Landing still and Slynt is also still en route so Jon has full command over the Wall and Castle Black. They find out he was a "turncloak" from his time beyond the wall and send him out on that suicide mission. In the show, his suicide mission was the ranging to Craster's, which isn't in the books at all.

Since he went unarmed to face Mance in the show, I'm guessing he will try to treat with him somehow...good luck with that since Mance has them outnumbered 1000-1.

What do you mean by treat? Parley?

Okay after looking up his name I remember Mance from the previous season but I must have heard "Mag" when I was watching which what was confusing me. It will be hard for Slynt to call Snow a deserter unless he kills the girl and Sam. I'm still kind of wondering if the baby being touched by the White Walkers comes into play again.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you mean by treat? Parley?

Okay after looking up his name I remember Mance from the previous season but I must have heard "Mag" when I was watching which what was confusing me. It will be hard for Slynt to call Snow a deserter unless he kills the girl and Sam. I'm still kind of wondering if the baby being touched by the White Walkers comes into play again.

I'm guessing he's going to try to convince Mance Rayder to stop the attack somehow. Without Ghost or his sword its gonna be pretty difficult for him to fight, so he must have some sort of plan in order to talk Mance down from the attack. Doesn't seem like a very good plan, but as Jon says at the end of the episode, there aren't really any other options at this point.

The show and book differ greatly with Slynt. In the books he gets to miss out on all the fighting and be a pompous judgmental ass to Jon. In the show he flees from the battle like a coward, so yeah its gonna be difficult for him to save face.

No idea how the WW baby comes in to play as that entire scene departed from the books. We were lead to understand that the WWs took Craster's babies and did something with them...apparently made more White Walkers out of them, but they are still very mysterious and their intentions are completely unknown at this point.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember seeing this picture about 6 months ago. I'm pretty sure she will be revealed this season and it most likely will be the closing scene as you mentioned. Not sure if it will go down exactly how it does in the book but I'm guessing it will involve a Frey or 2.

View attachment 10125

I'm not sure how much time they're going to have for Stoneheart, even though I really want to see it this season. If they want to finish off the events of book 3 they have to have Jon meet Mance and have Stannis come save the day in the North. Then they have to do the whole Tyrion-Tywin thing and on top of that the episode is called "The Children" so Bran is going to possibly reach the Three Eyed Raven. I also doubt they cut Danny out of the finale. They're going to have a lot of stuff to contain in one hour so if they manage to get that all in it's probably going to be rushed. It's a shame since they added a solid 50 minutes of useless filler this season between the Craster subplot, Asha Greyjoy trying to save Theon and then somehow escaping, and various other subplots like the Grey Worm Missandei thing.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how much time they're going to have for Stoneheart, even though I really want to see it this season. If they want to finish off the events of book 3 they have to have Jon meet Mance and have Stannis come save the day in the North. Then they have to do the whole Tyrion-Tywin thing and on top of that the episode is called "The Children" so Bran is going to possibly reach the Three Eyed Raven. I also doubt they cut Danny out of the finale. They're going to have a lot of stuff to contain in one hour so if they manage to get that all in it's probably going to be rushed. It's a shame since they added a solid 50 minutes of useless filler this season between the Craster subplot, Asha Greyjoy trying to save Theon and then somehow escaping, and various other subplots like the Grey Worm Missandei thing.

I don't think there's going to be too much else on the Wall this season. There'll have to be another battle early next season where Stannis saves the day. I was really hoping to see that happen last night. I think Jon was named new Lord Commander at the end of Book 3 too. There's no way they'll have time for both of those events to happen even if the entire finale was devoted to the Wall, which of course we know it won't be.

I don't think they'll spend too much time in Mereen either, but they will spend some time there. I'm thinking Danaerys will learn one of her dragons killed the kid. Not sure what to expect with Bran.

I think most of the episode will be in King's Landing. I think 1 or 2 things might be different there. I imagine Bronn will help Jaime and Varys free Tyrion. Also I'm 50/50 if Tyrion will kill Shae.

Not sure what's up with Bran, Hodor, and the Reeds but their story might get the 2nd most amount of time.

If Stannis and company aren't going to be at the Wall, then I really don't care if we see him or Davos at all in the finale.

I think they might be able to squeeze Stoneheart in for the final scene. I'm not sure how much time they would need in order to do that effectively. The final scene itself might only need to be 5 minutes but they may need another scene earlier in the show with some Freys to set it up.

Last edited by a moderator:

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I imagine Bronn will help Jaime and Varys free Tyrion. Also I'm 50/50 if Tyrion will kill Shae.

if he doesn't, then that's ridiculous

also, if he doesn't say verbatim "i'm you writ small" when he kills daddy, i'll be very upset.

lady stoneheart would be a great way to end the season...as long as they leave it ambiguous as to whether or not it's actually still "mostly" caet.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if this would be good but I think that for the opening of season 5 next year, should open up with the Maggie the Frog prophecy for Cersei, foreshadowing things getting much worse for her.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if this would be good but I think that for the opening of season 5 next year, should open up with the Maggie the Frog prophecy for Cersei, foreshadowing things getting much worse for her.

It would be good for character building for Cersei in the show. If nothing else, they could use a scene where she talks about the prophecy to someone...no idea who it would be in the show. She is about to lose her shit and it would be helpful for show watchers to understand just where she is coming from.

I want Tywin to die this season, but don't think he will

I don't see how he doesn't...I mean the entire season has been building up to that point. Can't just end the season with Tyrion still in a cell and Tyrion can't escape w/o taking out Tywin. I am curious as to whether or not Tyrion will take out Shae in the show too. They might just skip over that, but it would be great drama to have him strangle her.