• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Grades

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall Defense: A-
It would have been an A++, but they committed some ridiculous penalties spread across the entire unit that kept Buffalo's drives going. This should have been a shutout. Game balls to Jackson, Fuller, Trevathan, and Floyd.

DL: A-
The line was stout, both against the rush and pass. Goldman had the middle plugged all game.

LB: A
Trevathan and Smith for the most part dominated with their speed and coverage, altho Smith had a few boo-boos. This was Floyd's best game of season, and one of his best since becoming a Bear. He was all over the field.

Secondary: A-
Two INTs and many PDs. Prince's play was less than stellar, but the others were outstanding. Unless he falls apart the 2nd half of the year, Jackson is PB bound.

Overall Offense: C
With the field position they had for much of the game, the offense alone should have hung 30+ points on the Bills. Only one game ball to Miller.

QB: C-
Another mediocre day for Trubisky, who continues to underwhelm. I'd be willing to up the grade to a C or even a C+ if it turns out that the stupid INT he threw was due to a miscommunication on the receiver's part.

RB: C-
Jordan had a few decent runs, with that pounding 18 yarder for a TD being one of his best of the year.

WR/TE: B
Miller continues to impress. Would have liked to see more targets to Gabriel (hope he's ok after leaving late in the game with an injury), and Burton.

STs: A
The units did what was needed, they all played pretty much an error-free game. Cohen's long return was one of those highlight types that may be shown in the sports reports when capsulizing our game today.

Coaching: A-
For the most part, quite solid. One of Fangio's most aggressive attacks this year. I thought the offense was a bit predictable at times, altho that's somewhat due to the skillset of the Bills' D. That's a good unit over there.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id upgrade the offensive positions 1 letter grade seeing as how they played about 5 minutes before it became time to become conservative. Trubisky made a bad throw. Every QB does. The team didn’t need him to make plays this game, so he didn’t. I don’t think this game a good notifier of how good our offense is. Otherwise, I agree.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Potential 130 yards prevented by 2 pass interference penalties.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id upgrade the offensive positions 1 letter grade seeing as how they played about 5 minutes before it became time to become conservative. Trubisky made a bad throw. Every QB does. The team didn’t need him to make plays this game, so he didn’t. I don’t think this game a good notifier of how good our offense is. Otherwise, I agree.
Dumb me completely forgot to give a grade to the OL. I'd give them a B, which would up my overall O grade to a C, maybe even a C+. They did a yeoman's job today, maybe nothing outstanding, but they certainly put forth a decent effort.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't get being down on Trubisky. I thought he played a real good game. He made one bad play, but converted on some big 3rd down and distances. Made some very good throws.

I give him a B

Also need to remember he made two big play deep throws that were PI's instead of receptions. Which really puts his numbers more into perspective if that yardage was there.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Trubisky showed some maturation in this game more than others. He stood in the pocket better to make throws, got through his progressions easier and was generally more on-target with his throws than in week's past other than that one inexplicable throw that must've been some kind of mis-communication or mis-understanding. He also pushed the ball downfield to draw some big PI penalties, and he was more on-target with those balls than usual.

It wasn't flashy and the whole offense struggled a little bit against a very good defensive unit. Hard to get too upset about a 41-9 win, just like it's hard to derive much value from it as well.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Trubisky showed some maturation in this game more than others. He stood in the pocket better to make throws, got through his progressions easier and was generally more on-target with his throws than in week's past other than that one inexplicable throw that must've been some kind of mis-communication or mis-understanding. He also pushed the ball downfield to draw some big PI penalties, and he was more on-target with those balls than usual.

It wasn't flashy and the whole offense struggled a little bit against a very good defensive unit. Hard to get too upset about a 41-9 win, just like it's hard to derive much value from it as well.

Yeah, these type of wins are always tough to gauge. Looked great... but vs a putrid team. We'll see how it translates to these divisional games.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, these type of wins are always tough to gauge. Looked great... but vs a putrid team. We'll see how it translates to these divisional games.

It's a week-to-week league, and you can only play the team scheduled for ya. Buffalo is a bad team that just so happened to spank the fuck out of the Vikings 6 weeks ago and played the Pats pretty tough last week. Any given Sunday...with that in mind, the Bears did what a good team is supposed to do to a bad team, and that's thump em'. It was a very good and important win going into a tough slate of games ahead.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm as big a Bears homer as anyone here, but I calls them as I sees them. Mitch had on ok game at best yesterday. I'm not the least bit down on him with respect his potential. Hell, if I can hold out hope for years on Cutler becoming an elite QB, I sure as hell can believe in Trubisky becoming a dominant QB that I'm sure he'll eventually become. But right now, he's at best average. I'm patient.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm as big a Bears homer as anyone here, but I calls them as I sees them. Mitch had on ok game at best yesterday. I'm not the least bit down on him with respect his potential. Hell, if I can hold out hope for years on Cutler becoming an elite QB, I sure as hell can believe in Trubisky becoming a dominant QB that I'm sure he'll eventually become. But right now, he's at best average. I'm patient.

Imagine if he played well...it would've been 87-13. :heh:

I don't know if yesterday's game is a good one to put too much evaluation into Mitch, as the game itself dictates things sometimes. He didn't need to do a whole lot on Sunday. He had a couple bad throws, but he also converted some long 3rd downs as well, and as has been mentioned, drew a couple deep PIs.

On a side note, the officiating was pretty shitty on Buffalo's lone TD drive, there at the end. Really bad.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine if he played well...it would've been 87-13. :heh:

I don't know if yesterday's game is a good one to put too much evaluation into Mitch, as the game itself dictates things sometimes. He didn't need to do a whole lot on Sunday. He had a couple bad throws, but he also converted some long 3rd downs as well, and as has been mentioned, drew a couple deep PIs.

On a side note, the officiating was pretty shitty on Buffalo's lone TD drive, there at the end. Really bad.

Like I said before, I'm as big a Bears homer and believer in Trubisky as a Bear fan gets. But after each game, I remove my homer hat and put on my analyst cap. And what I saw of him yesterday was a decent performance, but one that could have and should have been better. I'm even willing to chalk off that hideous INT he tossed on the assumption that there was a miscommunication between him and the receiver. But again he was off on a number of throws and his fumble, which fortunately did not result in a TO, showed a lack of awareness on his end.

But hey, a win is a win is a win. I'll take them any day of the week and twice on Sundays. I believe in Mitch and am confident there will be times when I give him an 'A' for his performance.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said before, I'm as big a Bears homer and believer in Trubisky as a Bear fan gets. But after each game, I remove my homer hat and put on my analyst cap. And what I saw of him yesterday was a decent performance, but one that could have and should have been better. I'm even willing to chalk off that hideous INT he tossed on the assumption that there was a miscommunication between him and the receiver. But again he was off on a number of throws and his fumble, which fortunately did not result in a TO, showed a lack of awareness on his end.

But hey, a win is a win is a win. I'll take them any day of the week and twice on Sundays. I believe in Mitch and am confident there will be times when I give him an 'A' for his performance.

I am not trying to be combative... but outside of the INT. I don't remember a missed throw that "should have" been hit.

I guess you could say the Bellamy toss into the end zone. However, Mitch was throwing that ball away and Bellamy strangely came open after Trubs released the ball. It was an odd play. Buffalo's safety just stopped - but it was too late to see.