• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game Day Nebraska' vs Northern Illinois

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be willing to give Riley the rest this season to show that he can pull off a miracle. I would of been at two more years but this is ridiculous.
If no one available at the end of the year, Diaco is interim until someone guaranteed is available
Eichorst, I am in on changing the keys and cancelling the credit cards tonight.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We would almost certainly have to get some limp dick coordinator and promote them to HC, the only guy I know who would entertain us right now is Frost and I'll go on record that would be a mistake

Would love to see how UCF would have done against Memphis and Georgia Tech. They have Maryland next week.

UCF was 0-12 in 2015. Frost took them to a bowl in his first year. I'm not saying hire him right now, but I'll be watching closely how he does down there. If he gets close to or wins the conference championship, he won't be available in 2 years.

Eichorst isn't going to fire Riley anyway. That would be admitting he made a huge mistake in the hire like many in the fan base questioned when he did it. AD's are narcissist and never admit they were wrong. Eichorst will have to be fired to get rid of Riley. Just like Pederson had to be fired to get rid of 'He who shall not be named'.

Maybe a good ol' fashioned pitch fork party in Lincoln will scare Eichorst away?

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huskers AD backs Riley, but 'angry,' 'frustrated'
Eichorst said:
"I want to make sure folks understand we've got to get that fixed, and we have to get heading in the right direction, and we have the right coach to do it. But we have to get going."
It was Nebraska's first home loss to a team not in a Power 5 conference or not a major independent since Southern Mississippi won in Lincoln in 2004.

Bring back any memories?

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a hippie Deadhead this only adds incentive for me. :nod:
Not saying that's not desirable, just not while functioning as the HC of my favorite team

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to see how UCF would have done against Memphis and Georgia Tech. They have Maryland next week.

UCF was 0-12 in 2015. Frost took them to a bowl in his first year. I'm not saying hire him right now, but I'll be watching closely how he does down there. If he gets close to or wins the conference championship, he won't be available in 2 years.

Eichorst isn't going to fire Riley anyway. That would be admitting he made a huge mistake in the hire like many in the fan base questioned when he did it. AD's are narcissist and never admit they were wrong. Eichorst will have to be fired to get rid of Riley. Just like Pederson had to be fired to get rid of 'He who shall not be named'.

Maybe a good ol' fashioned pitch fork party in Lincoln will scare Eichorst away?
I don't see it happening but yeah it would have to be a package deal, it's already a shit show and so will be our 18 class as result so back to square 1, 16 years and counting
I can envision Riley retiring however, wink wink, and that would buy SE some time, not with me but ...

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad I drove 3 hours to watch that :rolleyes:

Seriously, that was the worst game I've been at since 8 TO ISU. I know I'm typically the sunshine pumper around here according to RA, but that was flat out bad. We need an OL and we need it now.

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it time to call a spade a spade.

Mike a nice guy but for heaven sake you can't put that kind of products on the field

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how do you suddenly get a line when it's been steadily going backwards with this administration? Yeah Cav has to go but we're year three and it has been steadily going down hill yet for some reason Cav is still here. Riley is just as responsible for how bad it is.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name diaco as interim head coach keep the rest of the staff the way it is.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the crazy part is I keep seeing the same bullshit over and over but somehow I'm expecting different results, its self inflicted fml

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah and the thing about it is everybody's now talking about hopefully getting to seven or eight wins when the fuck did seven or eight wins keep you around as a head coach at Nebraska

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah and the thing about it is everybody's now talking about hopefully getting to seven or eight wins when the fuck did seven or eight wins keep you around as a head coach at Nebraska
9 wins got coaches fired. It seems every time we get a new coach (exception HWSNBN) we get lesser talent and weaker physically.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah and I mean I get it and I like a lot of our assistant coaches I like our strength coach Riley's doing a lot of things that I like except for he's not winning football games and I mean as simple as that sounds that's what it boils down to win football games and do not get beat by teams you should never lose to because like it or not team still get fired up to beat Nebraska Nebraska is still a big name to check off the list if you win. Unfortunately for us fans Nebraska is becoming more and more irrelevant as lesser teams beat us on a more regular basis. Couple that with not beating anybody besides Michigan State. And recruits have zero reason to come here

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never thought the Rutgers game would be big but if mike loses that game could be mid season curtains

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every game is going to have me on the edge of my seat

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got engaged yesterday and missed the game. First one I've missed in 10+ years.

This is my fault guys, I deserve all the blame

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got engaged yesterday and missed the game. First one I've missed in 10+ years.

This is my fault guys, I deserve all the blame

Congrats on your engagement. I will still blame Tanner Lee and Dan Langsdorf.

Tanner Lee for throwing interceptions.

Langsdorf for being to pass happy when the run was mostly working. The NIU defense was just speed rushing to get to Tanner. Which will probably be every team's plan as Nebraska is not changing their plan.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never thought the Rutgers game would be big but if mike loses that game could be mid season curtains

qft

This is the battle for staying out of last place in the B1G.

Nebraska hired the Oregon State coach, and is getting Oregon State results. Shocked I tell you.

There is enough evidence to point out that hiring a capable(ie winning) coach gets you a winning team. Hiring a losing coach gets you a losing team.

Right now, I do not think this team will win 5 or more games. When was the last time Nebraska finished last in the conference? We just might see it happen. Which will be a first in my lifetime of watching football. I lived overseas my first five years, most of it in Italy. For you young people, we did not have TV(not in Italy) or the internet back then.(duh)

Rutgers and Illinois are now 50/50 games. The rest of the games Nebraska is an underdog. In some cases, the underdog by a lot.

Mike Riley loses three road games per year. He lost one in Oregon. No way Nebraska beats Penn State. That leaves Illinois, Purdue, and Minnesota. None of those games are a guaranteed win.

1-2 Rutgers Nebraska will be favored
2-1 Illinois road game, Illinois probably gets the -3 home field advantage

This could be SEVEN straight losses

3-0 Wisconsin big underdog
2-1 Ohio State underdog or a big underdog
2-1 Purdue underdog road game
2-1 Northwestern underdog
3-0 Minnesota underdog road game
3-0 Penn State big underdog road game
3-0 Iowa underdog

Imagine what will be said if Nebraska loses to Rutgers.