• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 4: Lions Vs Seahawks

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oruwariye has earned an overall PFF grade of 27.7 through the first four weeks. That is dead last, 117th out of 117 cornerbacks who have played at least 50 snaps.

The coverage grade has been nearly as bad for No. 24 in Honolulu blue. Oruwariye is 116th, next-to-last and above only Jayln Armour-Davis of the Ravens, a part-time player who has exactly 50 snaps to Oruwariye’s 206.

No. 24 in Detroit is also tied for the league lead in missed tackles by a CB with six. That’s the same number of penalties against Oruwariye, a figure that also leads all cornerbacks.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

“We’re in this vicious cycle right now,” Campbell said. “And so, we’ve got to pull things way, way back, and just get our confidence back and getting some trust among teammates.”

Schematically, Campbell also plans on scaling things back considerably.

“(We’ll) certainly look at calming things down and simplifying schematically,” Campbell said, again scant on the details.

One potential change that has been popular among fans is moving Aidan Hutchinson from a three-point stance (hand on the ground) to a two-point (standing up). That’s essentially what Michigan did in the middle of Hutchinson’s career, and it resulted in his record-breaking final season in college.

Campbell said that is the kind of thing they may be considering, although in this specific case, he’s not sure it would benefit Hutchinson.

“We’re all open to whatever is most comfortable,” Campbell said. “Like if he feels like he can get his job done (standing) up, listen, no problem. I don’t feel like that’s an issue with him or that’s going to change anything, but we kind of take it all into account. If it’s something he feels like he’s more comfortable at, we’ll go with that.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cominsky was looking like the real deal. Not elite, but a positive rotation piece. Alim continues to be exactly what we need. I am not sure what is going on with Hutch, was the minor injury more than we heard?

Hutch's drop in production coincided with Cominsky's exit from the lineup. Does that make it a coincidence? I think not.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hutch's drop in production coincided with Cominsky's exit from the lineup. Does that make it a coincidence? I think not.

Your statement appears relevant, however, until Cominsky comes back, and we see an uptick in Hutch's production, I'll take the wait and see approach. You may very well be correct.

Hutch was dealing with not being completely healthy versus Vikings and still somewhat gimpy versus Seahawks.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from POD

One of the most impressive numbers that helps to illustrate Hockenson’s historic afternoon is his 5.11 yards per route run. Hockenson’s professional debut against the Arizona Cardinals in the 2019 season opener (3.45) is the closest he’s come to that kind of efficiency, and it couldn’t have happened at a better time considering the injuries Detroit’s offense was dealing with against Seattle. To help give this some context, Hockenson’s 5.11 Y/RR was better than Tyreek Hill (4.32 Y/RR), Justin Jefferson (3.77 Y/RR), and Davante Adams (2.68 Y/RR) in Week 4—and it was by far the highest number of any tight end with at least four targets.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from POD

Williams had 78 rushing yards after contact which accounted for 72 percent of the yards he gained on the ground. Beyond the 51-yard touchdown run, Williams’ afternoon as a runner was efficient and effective, picking up 5.1 yards per carry and finding the end zone twice. One area where the Lions are missing Swift’s contributions, however, is in the passing game: Williams had two drops on three targets against Seattle, moving his total to eight targets and three drops on the season.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from POD

Seattle entered Week 4 as a below-average attack on the ground—the Seahawks were averaging just 74.6 rushing yards per game through three weeks—but then cut loose for 235 rushing yards against Detroit.

There is no stat PFF can give us that paints a clearer picture of Detroit’s inability to stop the run than 138 rushing yards after contact and six (6) missed tackles forced by the Seahawks on the ground. To add insult to injury, of the 27 first downs Seattle tallied against Detroit, 12 came on the ground—including the embarrassing display above where Rashaad Penny turned a third-and-16 draw play into a 36-yard touchdown run.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also has not had 1 sack since his injury. Which was slightly before cominsky. I think both factors contribute

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from POD and Okudah's performance versus doesn't concern me at all. Okudah did slip and fall on that far left side 55-yard reception by Metcalf - 34 yards gained after Okudah fell - to which DeShon Elliot made the tackle at the 1-yard line.

When covering Metcalf, Okudah gave up three catches for 101 yards and all three catches resulted in first downs.

Even good cornerbacks are susceptible to getting beat from time to time, and when it’s Metcalf who bullies you around for an afternoon, it’s not a cause for panic.

Lions cornerback Jeffrey Okudah, who surrendered 124 yards on five catches. He did break up one of the six targets sent into his coverage, but it was still a day to forget.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also has not had 1 sack since his injury. Which was slightly before Cominsky. I think both factors contribute

Agree here.

Also, he did not have a sack that first game of the season while Cominsky was in the line-up.

I do believe that once Cominsky comes back completely healthy that should help Hutch to be more productive.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions need two more Edge Rushers who not only excel in pass rush but also are plus defenders in the run game and the answer is not Julian Okwara or Austin Bryant.

I do like the idea of having both Cominsky and Paschal as Big Ends and possibly being able to use those two along with Hutch and Charles Harris in some capacity - maybe a 5-2-4/5-1-5 alignment at times - all the while still having McNeil or Buggs manning the 0/1-tech. There are far too many alignment concepts that I'd come up with using all 5 players.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see AJ Parker recalled from the practice squad. Not sure why he didn't make the final 53, but he played solidly last year.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see AJ Parker recalled from the practice squad. Not sure why he didn't make the final 53, but he played solidly last year.

He played solidly the first 4-5 games last year, but after that he was one of the worst NB in all of the NFL.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He played solidly the first 4-5 games last year, but after that he was one of the worst NB in all of the NFL.

I retract my statement that Parker played solidly the first 4-5 games. He was good his first two games then he had horrible to mediocre games 3-7 and had one good and one very good game in those last 2-3 games. He missed games 12-14.

He missed 12 tackles and had a passer rating of 108.4 plus you add in 10.2 yards per reception given up, He did have 5 games of scoring grades 75-79 for tackling and 8 games of scores from 26-58 for the same. 6 games of coverage score ranging from a low of 28-45 and coverage scores of 66, 70, 62, 76 ,66, 77 and his very last game of the season against GB scoring his highest ever grade of 88.

His overall grade was 48, run def 29 and coverage 57

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cannot find a decent Pk to put on the P.S.

Badgley went undrafted in 2018, but after failing to make the Colts’ 53-man roster, he quickly found a home with the Los Angeles Chargers, where he served as the team’s kicker from 2018 to 2020. Over that time, Badgley went 52-of-65 (80%), making all of his kicks from 39 or shorter, while going just 22-of-35 from 40+ yards. - 63% on those 40+ yard FG

The Chargers went elsewhere for their kicker in 2021, as Badgley eventually found a home for the Titans. Unfortunately, he only got one game opportunity for Tennessee, where he missed a 46 yarder and an extra point. He was quickly waived, but the Colts picked him up, and Badgley finish the year with a strong 18-of-21 field goal accuracy with Indianapolis last year—while also making all 39 of his extra points.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If, if, if, if all of these players on PUP/IR were available and actually playing.

Reserve lists​

• FB Jason Cabinda (ankle, PUP): eligible to return at any time
  • WR Jameson Williams (ACL, NFI): eligible to return at any time
  • RG Halapoulivaati Vaitai (back, Injured reserve): eligible to return at any time
  • OL Tommy Kraemer (back, injured reserve): eligible to return in Week 6
  • DL Levi Onwuzurike (back, injured reserve): eligible to return at any time
  • EDGE Romeo Okwara (Achilles, PUP): eligible to return at any time
Campbell updated the statuses of Okwara and Williams on Wednesday, suggesting they would not begin their 21-day evaluation window until at least after the bye in Week 5.

In the 21-day evaluation window

• EDGE Josh Paschal (sports hernia, PUP): Day 1
  • CB Jerry Jacobs (ACL, PUP): Day 1
Paschal and Jacobs were indeed at practice today and have officially begun the first day of a 21-day evaluation process. Neither player is expected to be acclimated enough to play in this week’s game, but with the bye week looming, a return after that is entirely possible.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wednesday​

No practice​

• RB D’Andre Swift (ankle, shoulder)
  • WR Amon-Ra St. Brown (ankle)
  • WR DJ Chark (ankle)
  • WR Josh Reynolds (ankle)
  • WR Quintez Cephus (foot) — New injury
  • TE T.J. Hockenson (hip) — Returning injury (hip injury Week 3, foot injury Week 4)
  • C Frank Ragnow (foot)
  • IOL Evan Brown (ankle) — New injury
  • DL John Cominsky (wrist)
  • LB Chris Board (knee)

Limited practice​

• G Jonah Jackson (finger) — Upgraded, first practice since Week 2
  • K Austin Seibert (right groin) — Upgraded, didn’t practice last week
  • LT Taylor Decker (knee) — New Injury
  • OT Matt Nelson (calf) — New injury
  • G Kayode Awosika (hamstring) — New injury

No longer listed with an injury​

• CB Bobby Price (shin)
Price is no longer dealing with any limiting injuries.