• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #17 NE Patriots @ Buffalo Bills Sunday January 8, 2023 TBA (NFL to announce final week revised schedule 1/2/23)

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the "F" would the forfeit the game against the Pats? That makes NO SENSE at all, and if they do the league should fine them. The man is not dead and even if he had died, Man Up, Get Past It, and do the job you are paid to do.

This sounds like more talking head nonsense
One media guy talking to another media guy. I have no idea who Carucci is, but I do know Reiss and he's alway been pretty accurate with his reports. He's been pretty spot on when he covered the Pats for the Herald.

Sounds like the "men" on the field suddenly were faced with an adult circumstance and didn't handle it very well. And maybe they still can't deal with it.

"That coulda been me."

Death is not a fictional character and meeting it face to face can be scary, especially for kids that have lived a protected existence.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree though I would state it more delicately. I think the sooner anyone knows about his condition then the easier it will be to make a decision. To me it seems respect is being paid by not thinking about football while the man's life is on the line.
okay that is a crock of shit IMO. It's already been stated he is in stable condition, I'm sorry man but if they forfeit the Pats game then they should be penalized. If my dad, or brother, or coworker has a heart attack I don't just get to take a week or two off,

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
okay that is a crock of shit IMO. It's already been stated he is in stable condition, I'm sorry man but if they forfeit the Pats game then they should be penalized. If my dad, or brother, or coworker has a heart attack I don't just get to take a week or two off,
I beg to differ. Hamlin is listed in critical condition and is breathing with the help of a ventilator and remains heavily sedated according to ESPN.
He's been stabilized but is not out of danger.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just in:

When will the Bills vs Bengals game resume?

Initially Jeff Miller, NFL executive vice president of communications, public affairs & policy, told the media that nothing had been decided regarding whether or not the game will be played and if it is what time that might be.

“There’s nothing in consideration right now. Our concern is for the player and his well-being. At the appropriate time, I’m sure that we’ll have a conversation around the next steps regarding the game.”

When the game stopped, the Bengals had the lead 7-3 with 5:58 remaining in the first quarter.

The NFL has now confirmed that the game will not completed this week
, due to Hamlin still being in a critical condition. NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said his organization were in touch with Hamlin’s medical team, as well as the Bills and Bengals and the decision had been taken not to play the remainder of the game this week.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I beg to differ. Hamlin is listed in critical condition and is breathing with the help of a ventilator and remains heavily sedated according to ESPN.
He's been stabilized but is not out of danger.
There was an update not long ago stating he was in stable condition.

Regardless the man is living, and the players get paid to play not sit on their backside. This all started with the idea that they might forfeit the Sunday game as well which is a crock of shit. He was a teammate paid to play the game, he had a medical condition and is still living buck the hell up and play the game, or be fined.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I have a heart attack all want all you whiney bitches to stop posting until I am back

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From NFL.COM

"The NFL continues to be in regular contact with the medical team caring for Damar Hamlin, and also the Bills and Bengals organizations and the NFL Players Association. After speaking with both teams and NFLPA leadership, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell informed the clubs today that the Bills-Bengals game will not be resumed this week," the league said in a statement.
"The NFL has made no decision regarding the possible resumption of the game at a later date. The league has not made any changes to the Week 18 regular season schedule. We will continue to provide additional information as it becomes available."

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From NFL.COM

"The NFL continues to be in regular contact with the medical team caring for Damar Hamlin, and also the Bills and Bengals organizations and the NFL Players Association. After speaking with both teams and NFLPA leadership, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell informed the clubs today that the Bills-Bengals game will not be resumed this week," the league said in a statement.
"The NFL has made no decision regarding the possible resumption of the game at a later date. The league has not made any changes to the Week 18 regular season schedule. We will continue to provide additional information as it becomes available."
Just have those two teams open the season next year.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit. You didn't stop posting when I had heart surgery.

We'll all send you get well quick cards.
I was unaware. Not that I would have

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I have a heart attack all want all you whiney bitches to stop posting until I am back
that's crazy lauren giraldo GIF by Starter Pack

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree though I would state it more delicately. I think the sooner anyone knows about his condition then the easier it will be to make a decision. To me it seems respect is being paid by not thinking about football while the man's life is on the line.
The NFL is of course waiting. If we have good news on Damar this week and Buffalo lose against NE, the cincy game becomses meaningless?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of 4:30 PM per CNN, FOX and ESPN:

Damar Hamlin is still in critical condition. No further updates have been provided.

He has been sedated to allow his body to rest as well as recover.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you pause at all to think that news has not reached everyone? Why the fuck would I post "wait for news we already have".

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL is of course waiting. If we have good news on Damar this week and Buffalo lose against NE, the cincy game becomses meaningless?
not to cincy they can get the 2 seed:suds:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for you medical marvals.

How much brain damage can result from a nine minute lack of blood and oxygen?

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The idea that players can cancel games for personal feels is a bad precedent that would only get abused harder and harder as time goes by. Death is part of life, fucking deal with it.