• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #17 NE Patriots @ Buffalo Bills Sunday January 8, 2023 TBA (NFL to announce final week revised schedule 1/2/23)

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter what happens, someone isn't going to be happy.

Bills lost two members of the secondary last night. They cannot adjust the roster, no matter how bad anyone feels. It would open a can of worms for any future game where a team could suit up everyone including the practice squad and pick and chose if a player was injured and out for game.

If the game is played Wednesday, no matter who wins, both teams will head home, get some sleep. the Bengals will have one day and then have to travel to Baltimore. The Bills will have to fly to Buffalo, and then have two days to prepare for the Patriots.

This game becomes critical for the Bills if they lose. They'll be 12-4. The Chiefs are 13-3. They'll play the Patriots at 1:00 PM on Sunday and must beat them. Then have to hope that the Raiders beat the Chiefs at 4:00 PM.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well why would the fly back if the game was to be played tomorrow. Seems to me the league told them something that would warrant them flying back to Buff.
According to ESPN this morning, the team voted to go home. They went to the hotel, picked up their personal stuff and checked out and flew home.

If the game is rescheduled for tonight, which I pretty much doubt, they'll have to fly back and play. IMO, it'll be played tomorrow or the Bills will forfeit. As much as they may hate doing that, it would at least give them time to get their collective shit together for Sunday. Everyone on that field last night was totally rattled. That kid was dead on the ground. NO heartbeat and not breathing. No one is ever prepared for that in the middle of a game. Most of the guys on the fild are under 30 and have never dealt with death. This is a strong cup of reality.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to ESPN this morning, the team voted to go home. They went to the hotel, picked up their personal stuff and checked out and flew home.

If the game is rescheduled for tonight, which I pretty much doubt, they'll have to fly back and play. IMO, it'll be played tomorrow or the Bills will forfeit. As much as they may hate doing that, it would at least give them time to get their collective shit together for Sunday. Everyone on that field last night was totally rattled. That kid was dead on the ground. NO heartbeat and not breathing. No one is ever prepared for that in the middle of a game. Most of the guys on the fild are under 30 and have never dealt with death. This is a strong cup of reality.
Wow if this is true and they had heard nothing from the league, it feels very much like a forfeit to me. This is a story to keep an eye on

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow if this is true and they had heard nothing from the league, it feels very much like a forfeit to me. This is a story to keep an eye on
Zolack and Bertrand were talking about all kinds of stuff and a caller from NYC called in and says Troy Vincent passed an idea to the owners that was just about universally turned down. Give each team a win. Everybody feels bad until you give away something everyone works so hard to get.

NFL has to come up with something pretty damn quick.

Another thing that nobody is discussing is how this is affecting Fantasy Football. Billions of dollars on the line because this is Super Bowl week in 98% of all leagues. If you have Burrow, Chase and Boyd or Higgins or Alen, Diggs and Dawson you could be screwed without their points. If there's $5000 up for grabs in your league, you don't give a shit about anything but your fantasy points. Goodell has to consider the gambling, fantasy football and the damage that a cancelled game could cause. I know that this is smal potatoes to a player dropping on the field, but money brings a different reality.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damar Hanlin's condition is now stable. He should fully recover because of good medical response.
He almost died in front of all of us. The players will have a hard time shaking this off (quickly)
Most are home with families right now and wives are saying, "what if this was you?"
If players were to hear him talk, it might be better. Very tough situation.
It could have been so much worse.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can this be the game where BOTH the offense and Defense step up?

Nope, doubt it..... Bills beat the Pats

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zolack and Bertrand were talking about all kinds of stuff and a caller from NYC called in and says Troy Vincent passed an idea to the owners that was just about universally turned down. Give each team a win. Everybody feels bad until you give away something everyone works so hard to get.

Another thing that nobody is discussing is how this is affecting Fantasy Football. Billions of dollars on the line because this is Super Bowl week in 98% of all leagues. If you have Burrow, Chase and Boyd or Higgins or Alen, Diggs and Dawson you could be screwed without their points. If there's $5000 up for grabs in your league, you don't give a shit about anything but your fantasy points. Goodell has to consider the gambling, fantasy football and the damage that a cancelled game could cause. I know that this is smal potatoes to a player dropping on the field, but money brings a different reality.
When you are gambling, your 1st thought should be, "I can lose"
Not winning, while tough, is unimportant......

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you are gambling, your 1st thought should be, "I can lose"
Not winning, while tough, is unimportant......
TEll that to someone who need 30 points to win their Super Bowl and $5000.

Especially if they have Burrow, Chase and Higgins and have been dominant all year.

I'm not playing for money but I have Diggs, Burrow and Higgins in one league and need 64 points to win. I don't really care if I win or not, but I belonged to a twelve team league and everyone put up $1000 every year to play. Winner got $7000 SB Loser got $3000 and 3rd and 4th got their money back. These guys would be shittin' bricks.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TEll that to someone who need 30 points to win their Super Bowl and $5000.

Especially if they have Burrow, Chase and Higgins and have been dominant all year.

I'm not playing for money but I have Diggs, Burrow and Higgins in one league and need 64 points to win. I don't really care if I win or not, but I belonged to a twelve team league and everyone put up $1000 every year to play. Winner got $7000 SB Loser got $3000 and 3rd and 4th got their money back. These guys would be shittin' bricks.
I just lost $2000 Vbucks on the Miami game - fake money- who cares, right?
Real money is fake money too. You can't take it where you are going.
If you won $10,000 right now, you don't need it and you might die of a heart attack.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well personally not sure why anyone gives a fuck about Fantasy Football

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Each team should have to have their best Madden player take the stage these two settle it live on ESPN

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Reiss stated that he spoke with Mike Carucci who has covered the Bills for the past 30 years.

Carucci said that he was told the following:

The Buffalo Bills are seriously considering forfeiting the game against the Bengals AND Sunday's game against the Patriots.

Carucci thinks that this going to cause an incredible uproar and protest from teams. Especially the Dolphin sand Steelers.

Stay tuned. Trying to find anything that will provide more details and/or verify this.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Declared tie. This would create a shitstorm. Bills would be 12-3-1 and literally be handed the Bye. Chiefswon't buy into that and neither will the Bengals.
Shitstorm? That's you creating drama. The decision on the outcome of this game should be made solely about this game and what's the fair result for this game. It should not be measured against the standings or anything else. There are 16 other games that gave plenty of opportunity for teams to separate themselves. The Chiefs' opinions are not relevant.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Reiss stated that he spoke with Mike Carucci who has covered the Bills for the past 30 years.

Carucci said that he was told the following:

The Buffalo Bills are seriously considering forfeiting the game against the Bengals AND Sunday's game against the Patriots.

Carucci thinks that this going to cause an incredible uproar and protest from teams. Especially the Dolphin sand Steelers.

Stay tuned. Trying to find anything that will provide more details and/or verify this.
Why the "F" would the forfeit the game against the Pats? That makes NO SENSE at all, and if they do the league should fine them. The man is not dead and even if he had died, Man Up, Get Past It, and do the job you are paid to do.

This sounds like more talking head nonsesne

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shitstorm? That's you creating drama. The decision on the outcome of this game should be made solely about this game and what's the fair result for this game. It should not be measured against the standings or anything else. There are 16 other games that gave plenty of opportunity for teams to separate themselves. The Chiefs' opinions are not relevant.
plus hes wrong if bills get a tie they lose the #1 seed:suds:

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the "F" would the forfeit the game against the Pats? That makes NO SENSE at all, and if they do the league should fine them. The man is not dead and even if he had died, Man Up, Get Past It, and do the job you are paid to do.

This sounds like more Ken nonsense
fixed

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The NFL has announced Buffalo and Cincinnati's postponed Week 17 game will not be resumed this week.​

In a statement, the league said it has "made no decision regarding the possible resumption of the game at a later date." Perhaps the league is reserving the right to continue to contest if there is AFC seeding implications following Cincinnati's Week 18 game against the Ravens and Buffalo's date with the Patriots, but it is certainly seeming like this game will eventually be declared a no contest. That would mean all Week 17 fantasy results are final. The league has no good choices as the football world waits for more news on Damar Hamlin's status. Our thoughts remain with Hamlin, his family and teammates.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This sounds like more talking head nonsesne
I agree though I would state it more delicately. I think the sooner anyone knows about his condition then the easier it will be to make a decision. To me it seems respect is being paid by not thinking about football while the man's life is on the line.