• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 16 vs Bears

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure it is 1PM Sun on Fox. Screwed up last week:L

• Spread Favorite: Lions (-6)
  • Total 52
Suggests Lions 29-23

Lets just hope for a win by any amount.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be interesting, we are better than the Bears, but the Panthers showed the world our biggest flaw. That flaw is basically Fields game.

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions should post ~30 Points on offense since they have done it all year at home.. If there is any sort of good defensive game plan then Fields will be forced to throw. Throwing the ball is the Bears biggest flaw (and they have lots of flaws).

Only a classic SOL team loses this game... We shall see...

Zwalt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,173.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be interesting, we are better than the Bears, but the Panthers showed the world our biggest flaw. That flaw is basically Fields game.

I think Carolina running up the gut and getting huge chunks was more an aberration than the rule for Detroit this year. We absolutely are susceptible to running QBs on the outside, but I don't think the film from Carolina is going to be much of a factor. The Bears just need to look at the first game against us. At the same time, AG can look at that film and find ways to help contain Fields. You don't have to stop him completely to win, just reduce his effectiveness.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Carolina running up the gut and getting huge chunks was more an aberration than the rule for Detroit this year. We absolutely are susceptible to running QBs on the outside, but I don't think the film from Carolina is going to be much of a factor. The Bears just need to look at the first game against us. At the same time, AG can look at that film and find ways to help contain Fields. You don't have to stop him completely to win, just reduce his effectiveness.
We did not use and 3 LB sets. Teams will run vs that and unless your 2 DTs + 2 LBs have great games then you are screwed. Basically the middle is a weak spot. It was just the wrong gameplan. We should have done the opposite and force them to throw. Load the box. With so many DBs out I guess they decided to go the opposite route.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy New Year!

Looking for the Lions to get back on schedule and win against a divisional opponent at home. The culture is learning how to win. Time to make the next step in the process.

Let’s go Lions! Start 2023 with a W.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing we cleaned up the run game issues....

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did the Bears ever figure put that if you running right up the middle you get a guaranteed minimum of 30 yards? That riddle was impossible to solve!

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did the Bears ever figure put that if you running right up the middle you get a guaranteed minimum of 30 yards? That riddle was impossible to solve!
That got shut down big time after Q1. Hopefully that is solved or we aint going nowhere even if we make the playoffs.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense looked much better today especially against the pass. Had a bad qtr against the run. Offense looked good and both Swift and ARSB looked back to normal. O-line was better today despite being a little beat up. I think we still need Ja Williams to be on the field more.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In no way am I advocating giving up on Hutchinson. But I think it's clear that James Housston has to be on the field full time. If we had the LB's to cover up for their deficiencies then I'd be all for putting them both out there. But we already kind of completely suck at run defense. Regardless he's too good at rushing the passer to not be on the field full time.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game today.

Your team is exciting to watch.

I would just like to apologize in advance as a Rams fan. Your playoff hope hinge on the Rams beating Seattle, and that is very unlikely to happen with the injuries and the way the season has gone for them.

But, at least you guys are guaranteed a top 10 pick, and most likely top 5 after next week. So, there is that.

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game today.

Your team is exciting to watch.

I would just like to apologize in advance as a Rams fan. Your playoff hope hinge on the Rams beating Seattle, and that is very unlikely to happen with the injuries and the way the season has gone for them.

But, at least you guys are guaranteed a top 10 pick, and most likely top 5 after next week. So, there is that.

Don't think the Rams are winning either, they pretty much mailed it in. However, Lions still have a golden opportunity to ruin the Packers season which is always an acceptable alternative.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In no way am I advocating giving up on Hutchinson. But I think it's clear that James Housston has to be on the field full time. If we had the LB's to cover up for their deficiencies then I'd be all for putting them both out there. But we already kind of completely suck at run defense. Regardless he's too good at rushing the passer to not be on the field full time.

Hutch is arguably the best run defender the Lions currently have on their roster/ The same cannot be said regarding "Da Problem". By the time next season rolls around some teams will have enough tape on Houston to counter him. Hutch also sees more attention right now than Houston or any other player, but the D-Line still looks improved when in pass rush mode. Paschal, Cominsky, Hutch, Houston and whoever they add to that edge through the draft should benefit all.

Now, we need to shore up the middle with a Mike and another run defending 3-tech and quite possibly a rotational NT/NG.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston actually was credited with a full sack on one of them, so it's a total of 8 sacks for the six games played.