• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #11 Arizona Cardinals vs NE Patriots 11/29/2020 1:00 EST FOX

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the way I understand how the rules define this.........

No player may turn his back to the opposing end zone and move forward to engage an opposing player "with force". They called it it a blind side originally but it's a subset of the blind side. Dean Blandino said that if he had been the Ref on field, he would have made the other official pick up the flag because he felt that the guy trying to catch Gunner had enough time and distance to change his angle of pursuit. But he did say that the call was a fair interpretation of the rule. He said that the player who move toward the Cardinal should have just got in his way and not whacked his ass.
Yeah so block but don't block. It's crazy you then take a change of getting plowed over.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the way I understand how the rules define this.........

No player may turn his back to the opposing end zone and move forward to engage an opposing player "with force". They called it it a blind side originally but it's a subset of the blind side. Dean Blandino said that if he had been the Ref on field, he would have made the other official pick up the flag because he felt that the guy trying to catch Gunner had enough time and distance to change his angle of pursuit. But he did say that the call was a fair interpretation of the rule. He said that the player who move toward the Cardinal should have just got in his way and not whacked his ass.
That call was fine. The homer in me sees it as a clean hit and Jennings bracing himself made the force seem more than it was, but the objective analyst sees the end result being something the NFL is looking to eliminate from the game.

Would that have been the call if it were the final play of a Super Bowl?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That call was fine. The homer in me sees it as a clean hit and Jennings bracing himself made the force seem more than it was, but the objective analyst sees the end result being something the NFL is looking to eliminate from the game.

Would that have been the call if it were the final play of a Super Bowl?
I still can't agree the call was fine, the intent of the rule was to eliminate that bone shattering block you administer when the dude is running full out at an angle where he can't see you, and you run into him full on. This was the opposite IMO, Jennings actually stopped, faced the dude, planted and hit him with a shoulder, there is no way the Cardinal player did not see him, they were literally facing each other.

I understand the ideal of cleaning up the game but next players will have to hold up yield signs to other players. " Hey I have lined up please adhere to my yield sign". " You are now required to slow down until past me then pursue my teammate at full speed".

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still can't agree the call was fine, the intent of the rule was to eliminate that bone shattering block you administer when the dude is running full out at an angle where he can't see you, and you run into him full on. This was the opposite IMO, Jennings actually stopped, faced the dude, planted and hit him with a shoulder, there is no way the Cardinal player did not see him, they were literally facing each other.

I understand the ideal of cleaning up the game but next players will have to hold up yield signs to other players. " Hey I have lined up please adhere to my yield sign". " You are now required to slow down until past me then pursue my teammate at full speed".
I can't disagree. You are 100% correct. The more I see it the less I see the refs rationale. It may have appeared Jennings launched himself but he actually was moving straight up and not into the player. There were other things Jennings could have done, but that doesn't make it illegal. And the block had urgency, and without it the tackle is made.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally disagree. Let him start getting it or get rid of him. Last thing we need is him stinking up next year.....

It's Week 13 he hasn't gotten it yet. Perhaps a benching for a game will wake him up.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone mentioned the D made some plays yesterday? That 3rd down play to force that late field goal is one they haven't been making all year. On the Play Chase W was thrown out of the club by a guard, but not until he clogged a hole and forced the play wide, right into the cavalry.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone mentioned the D made some plays yesterday? That 3rd down play to force that late field goal is one they haven't been making all year. On the Play Chase W was thrown out of the club by a guard, but not until he clogged a hole and forced the play wide, right into the cavalry.
Mehh I am use to that my D always makes some plays

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why keep putting him out there then? Bench him for a game and maybe just maybe something will click
There are two brain problems. He's concussed and he's stupid or bullheaded. Can't fix stupid. Bullheaded is a lost fight. I say this because Cam kept directing him to go downfield and he kept running laterally . He finally figured out what Cam wanted and backed up and stopped 9.5 yards from the lie of scrimmage. He's certainly not football smart.

BB's biggest fear is cutting him and he goes to LV and becomes another Randy Moss because they let him do whatever he wants and nobody gives a rat's ass.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are two brain problems. He's concussed and he's stupid or bullheaded. Can't fix stupid. Bullheaded is a lost fight. I say this because Cam kept directing him to go downfield and he kept running laterally . He finally figured out what Cam wanted and backed up and stopped 9.5 yards from the lie of scrimmage. He's certainly not football smart.

BB's biggest fear is cutting him and he goes to LV and becomes another Randy Moss because they let him do whatever he wants and nobody gives a rat's ass.

So why not bench him for a game? Make him think about it and how his poor play isn't helping him. Clearly throwing him out there isn't working

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why not bench him for a game? Make him think about it and how his poor play isn't helping him. Clearly throwing him out there isn't working
He sat out three games and it apparently didn't do a thing for him.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If that is a fear that BB realizes then maybe they should consider how that might happen and make it happen here?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that is a fear that BB realizes then maybe they should consider how that might happen and make it happen here?
The big issue is that he "is" doing that here. I personally believe that Harry was a beast in college because he was never up against NFL caliber competition and he could dominate smaller, weaker opponents. When he got to the NFL, he found out that he was at a disadvantage against guys like Gilmore, Peterson and Peters who were equally as rugged and strong. He lost his swagger. For some guys, they adjust and make a go of it. I don't think that Harry can mentally deal with the fact that he ain't the baddest ass in the playground and he can't find his place.